ADVERTISEMENT

St.Pauls @ Midway (Tuesday 10/5)

Field position,execution,turnovers,penalties,Coaching......and defensive stops...whoever checks the most boxes wins that game. It should be a good one

This game was entertaining as well. One thing about it, this conference is like the Big 12. Points everywhere and a little bit of defense. Much different than the old ECC ground and pound.

I do question how much of an impact running that type of offense has on a defense, especially at smaller schools when some or most of the players go both ways. Quick scores back and forth will wear even the most physically fit defenses out. Midway hasnt stopped anyone lately. Look at other teams in the area (Hobbton) that run an air raid offense and how many points they give up. Is Midway vastly different in terms of personnel? I would think there needs to be a balance. Clinton has some balance but also probably doesnt have as many that go both ways. Same with WRH this year. Some schools hardly ever pass and are successful and I think it is because they are able to sustain long drives and try and keep kids fresh.

Not saying some arent successful because obviously there are teams year in and year out that are. Only saying that some schools, with smaller squads and kids that play a lot both ways might need to work on having more balance.

Anyway, entertaining game and I will be sure to check out the St Paul-Clinton game next week.

Reactions: dogs79
Midway has some good players. A great QB. That RB Gregory is tough as nails. St. Paul’s just has to many athletes on both sides. Love what coach Barnes is building at Midway. He will have 17 starters coming back next year. If they win out they’ll be 7-3 (4-2) conference. High SOS will get them in playoffs likely, I wouldn’t want to play them 1st round. No cakewalk.

St. Paul’s offense is good. QB can run and throw. Two great backs, 23 is a beast only a junior. WR’s are good. Thing I noticed about St. Paul’s is how physical they are. Hit you hard, hold you up and have guys come in and pop you and try and strip ball. Gonna be a good one next Tuesday.

SP according to max preps schedule also plays West Bladen Friday before turning around playing Clinton Tuesday. 3 games in the span of a week. Friday will be a cake walk for them i woulf expect them to get a running clock on the Knights get their starters out,rested and cruise.

If Thaz the case y St. Paul play Salisbury in the championship.An reidsville play mt heritage I think

If Thaz the case y St. Paul play Salisbury in the championship.An reidsville play mt heritage I think
That was the spring and many years before. Playoffs have changed for this fall. No more subdividing. 4 state champs, one in each class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT