ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Guilford High School is Open Again!

I remember watching this at the beginning of the season and really getting excited for this season…..I wonder what happend….cause they was suppose to be good

Man I remember way back in early 2000’s they had some real good teams……had a really good quarterback I can’t remember his name and a good offensive lineman named chuck..,.,monster in the trenches. My cousin played against them

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Man I remember way back in early 2000’s they had some real good teams……had a really good quarterback I can’t remember his name and a good offensive lineman named chuck..,.,monster in the trenches. My cousin played against them
You might be thinking of Alex Good. Went on to play at Carson-Newman (IIRC).

Reactions: nwguilford007
Dino Hackett , linebacker
Seeing his name brought back a funny memory.

He had a son who played linebacker for Southeast about four/five years ago. I sat a few rows behind him during one of those games. When Southeast was on defense, a lot of the fans sitting around Dino were debating strategy; which gaps to blitz, what the alignment should be, yada yada yada. The only thing Dino would say was "Go get him".

I just thought it hilarious that the former NFL player would have the simplest take on the game.

Seeing his name brought back a funny memory.

He had a son who played linebacker for Southeast about four/five years ago. I sat a few rows behind him during one of those games. When Southeast was on defense, a lot of the fans sitting around Dino were debating strategy; which gaps to blitz, what the alignment should be, yada yada yada. The only thing Dino would say was "Go get him".

I just thought it hilarious that the former NFL player would have the simplest take on the game.
jody (Dino brothers) daughter is our basketball coach at northwest.....Definitley not as good of a coach as Joyner or the Northern Guilford bball coach but she is okay. She most recently caused a stink at the NCHSAA convention. Something about children being allowed in the convention...Didnt catch much traction

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Southern needs to be 2a
I agree, but I think they have over one thousand students. When Brown was there they have always had good talent. I believe that this coach may be a victim of his assistants. You are only as good as your assistants. I know that the coach that should have got the job left and took the other coaches with him to Western Guilford. No matter what the agenda is if you don't good coaches you will be only as good as them.

I agree, but I think they have over one thousand students. When Brown was there they have always had good talent. I believe that this coach may be a victim of his assistants. You are only as good as your assistants. I know that the coach that should have got the job left and took the other coaches with him to Western Guilford. No matter what the agenda is if you don't good coaches you will be only as good as them.
Well he seemed pretty confident in the video I posted above

Sometimes we underestimate the grind. Add in them lesson plans and this becomes a real job...LOL!
yeah your right....I just dont see how you go from interviewing saying how good your gonna be to going 0-10....I mean underestimate the grind I get but you would think a couple wins in there somewhere

Wonder where he will land his next head coaching job?
I am going to be honest. It is tough but there are plenty of jobs out there but the network and inside hand deals are really what's keeping a lot of good coaches from getting these jobs. He will find something. I know Woodard and he was one of my top coaches.

Reactions: reddawg01
I am going to be honest. It is tough but there are plenty of jobs out there but the network and inside hand deals are really what's keeping a lot of good coaches from getting these jobs. He will find something. I know Woodard and he was one of my top coaches.
Yeah...Just curious are you classifying Coach Boykin as a good coach?

LOL.... Amazing how this thing works. I am so happy that I am not on the high school level anymore just because the process is being watered down. They are going to do token interviews but he got it. I said this before that most of this jobs are inside jobs and the best person sometimes won't even get a chance at the job. In this case Southern is not an attractive job so if you can find someone to fill the PE slot, most AD's will take that as a advantage. Stay tuned...LOL!

Reactions: nwguilford007
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT