ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Carolina 3A

olrebel

Nov 16, 2007
Who's going to win this conference?

Weddington (1-1) and Marvin Ridge (0-2) seem to have the best shot, although Marvin has dropped their first two in close games to quality opponents. They did the same last year, before steamrolling the conference. Weddington dropped a heart breaker in week 1 to Ardrey Kell before walloping Forest Hills 56-0 in week 2. Seems their regular season finale might be the deciding game for the conference championship.

Sun Valley (2-0) is off to a hot start knocking off defending state champion Monroe (2A) in the opener and pounding a bad North Stanly team. Could their offense carry them to an SCC crown?

Cuthbertson (1-1) It doesn't appear to be their year after graduating all world QB Austin Kendall. The Cavs pounded Victory Christian (who appears to have less than 20 players) 66-6, but went on the road and lost to Parkwood 27-21 in OT in a game the Cavs never led. Can they rebound?

Piedmont (0-2) It would appear that Piedmont would not be in contention this year after struggling on offense in their first two, but the offense they run is unique and they will only get better. Will it be enough?

Anson (1-1) opened the season with a 20-13 win over rival Forest Hills, then were handily defeated by Richmond 38-7. Have they improved enough to contend in the SCC?

Thoughts?

Anson is much improved and on the right track . I watched them play richmond and anson D really did a good job. Anson fumbled 4 times and Richmond's D scooped up 3 of them and ran them in for TDs. I still think it'll b weddington, Marvin, Anson, cuthbertson, piedmont in that order

Crapp.. I forgot sunvalley in there. I think they still finish 2 place behind weddington. Who knows really the top 3 teams are pretty darn close with Anson being good enough to upset one of these teams. It'll b interesting this year.. im still lookin forward to next year WOW what a monster 3A conference next year

Yes, the SCC will be an absolute bear in every sport after the realignment

Sun Valley moves to 3-0 after 41-24 win over Rocky River Thursday night. Weddington drops a shootout with Pinecrest 35-31 where both teams go for about 500 yards of offense each. Cuthbertson gets drilled by Charlotte Christian 49-19. Anson wins big over South Stanly 48-0. Piedmont falls to Parkwood 27-17, and Marvin Ridge falls 36-34 to Ardrey Kell.

Sun Valley 3-0, 0-0
Anson 2-1, 0-0
Weddington 1-2, 0-0
Cuthbertson 1-2, 0-0
Marvin Ridge 0-3, 0-0
Piedmont 0-3, 0-0

Sun Valley continues their hot start, knocking off rival Porter Ridge 34-27. Marvin Ridge notches a win 42-27 over Providence Day. Piedmont also picks up their first win, defeating Forest Hills 24-21 on the road. Weddington loses their QB for the game and loses the game at Monroe 21-7. Anson drops a close one 13-12 to Chesterfield (SC)." and Cuthbertson evens their record, knocking off Berry 21-12.

Sun Valley 4-0, 0-0
Anson 2-2, 0-0
Cuthbertson 2-2, 0-0
Weddington 1-3, 0-0
Marvin Ridge 1-3, 0-0
Piedmont 1-3, 0-0

Games this week:
Monroe @ Anson
Parkwood @ Weddington
Marvin Ridge @ Garinger
Forest Hills @ Cuthbertson
Myers Park @ Sun Valley
Piedmont - BYE

Sun Valley's hot season cooled just a little with a loss to 4A Myers Park 28-14, but rebounded beating 0-6 Forest Hills 63-10. Anson continues to battle, dropping an OT thriller to Monroe, 18-12, but comes back last week to beat 4-2 Parkwood 20-14, also in OT. Piedmont survived the BYE to hammerdrill CATA Friday night 58-0. Cuthbertson destroyed Forest Hills as well 53-28, but then lost on last second FG to Monroe 9-6. Weddington drilled previously unbeaten Parkwood 45-3, to get to the BYE last week at 2-3. Finally Marvin Ridge pounded Garinger 56-6, followed by a 35-16 bubble bursting of Porter Ridge. Only this week left before conference play begins!

Sun Valley 5-1, 0-0
Anson 3-3, 0-0
Cuthbertson 3-3, 0-0
Marvin Ridge 3-3, 0-0
Weddington 2-3, 0-0
Piedmont 2-3, 0-0

Games this week:
Anson - BYE
Marvin Ridge - BYE
Sun Valley - BYE
Cuthbertson - BYE
Weddington @ Country Day
Piedmont vs. West Stanly

Piedmont continues to bounce back from 0-3 start, defeating West Stanly 35-6. Weddington demolishes Country Day 55-7, to even their record as well. Conference play begins this week. ALL Union County games have been moved to Thursday due to the impending storm this weekend.

Sun Valley 5-1, 0-0
Anson 3-3, 0-0
Cuthbertson 3-3, 0-0
Marvin Ridge 3-3, 0-0
Weddington 3-3, 0-0
Piedmont 3-3, 0-0

Games this week:
Sun Valley @ Piedmont
Cuthbertson @ Marvin Ridge
Anson @ Weddington

Week 1 Scores:
Sun Valley - 48 @ Piedmont - 0
Cuthbertson - 6 @ Marvin Ridge - 38
Anson - 7 @ Weddington - 43

Sun Valley 6-1, 1-0
Marvin Ridge 4-3, 1-0
Weddington 4-3, 1-0
Anson 3-4, 0-1
Cuthbertson 3-4, 0-1
Piedmont 3-4, 0-1

Games this week:
Weddington @ Cuthbertson
Anson @ Piedmont
Marvin Ridge @ Sun Valley

Last edited:
Looks like SV is hot this year, between Sun Valley and Marvin Ridge, Weddington. Going to get interesting real fast Friday night.

Anson - Piedmont should be a really good game. Anson will not have an answer for Piedmont's style of offense. Question is, can #7 and co. get Anson a lead. If they can, Piedmont could be in trouble.

Week 2 Scores:
Marvin Ridge - 38 @ Sun Valley - 47
Anson - 29 @ Piedmont - 17
Weddington - 41 @ Cuthbertson - 15

Sun Valley 7-1, 2-0
Weddington 5-3, 2-0
Marvin Ridge 4-4, 1-1
Anson 4-4, 1-1
Cuthbertson 3-5, 0-2
Piedmont 3-5, 0-2

Games this week:
Weddington @ Sun Valley
Piedmont @ Marvin Ridge
Cuthbertson @ Anson

Weddington vs Sun Valley should be a good game to see. Sun Valley could be in the western finals.

Yes, absolutely. First, playing in the "Wadesboro Triangle (many football teams have gone and never been seen again)" gives Anson an advantage. Seriously though, if Anson is healthy, I'd go as far to say that they have the better team. Should be a good one tomorrow.

I believe the SV - Wedd Game is even, going to give SV the edge at home
Anson - Cuthbertson is also even, giving the edge to Anson at home
Piedmont at Marvin, Marvin in a blowout win

SV - Wedd game was a total shock, everything that could go wrong for SV did, and everything went great for Wedd, Congrats to the warriors.

Week 3 Scores:
Weddington - 49 @ Sun Valley - 19
Piedmont - 13 @ Marvin Ridge 40
Cuthbertson - 28 @ Anson - 14

Weddington 6-3, 3-0
Sun Valley 7-2, 2-1
Marvin Ridge 5-4, 2-1
Cuthbertson 4-5, 1-2
Anson 4-5, 1-2
Piedmont 3-6, 0-3

Games this week:
Sun Valley @ Cuthbertson
Piedmont @ Weddington
Marvin Ridge @ Anson

Last edited:
I expect Sun Valley, Weddington, and Marvin to pull off the wins this week, which, if true, would set up a crazy matchup between Weddington and Marvin the last week of the season. Weddington wins that, they'd win it outright, Marvin wins, you get a potential 3 way tie at the top.

Week 4 Scores:
Sun Valley - 20 @ Cuthbertson - 42
Piedmont - 7 @ Weddington - 42
Marvin Ridge - 36 @ Anson - 22

Weddington 7-3, 4-0
Marvin Ridge 6-4, 3-1
Cuthbertson 5-5, 2-2
Sun Valley 7-3, 2-2
Anson 4-6, 1-3
Piedmont 3-7, 0-4

Games this week:
Cuthbertson @ Piedmont
Anson @ Sun Valley
Marvin Ridge @ Weddington

Marvin Ridge @ Weddington for all the SCC marbles this Friday night. Should be a great one.

Really. SV gave up 40plus to Cuthberson without your starting QB your not the same team. looks like SV is a 1 man show. SV may win the game this week but it could get interesting. Ansons D isn't to bad

I'm not hating on sun valley man I'm just stating my comment on your games played without your starting qb vs when he's playing.

I'm not hating on sun valley man I'm just stating my comment on your games played without your starting qb vs when he's playing.
Its all good, I was shocked last week against Cuthbertson as well. I believe Anson is very capable. And SV seems to have trouble with Anson every year. I do hope we can pull it our at Home.

Wedddington wins SCC in dominating fashion. Looks like the tiebreakers determine where SV, MR, and Cutty land for playoff purposes, although I think the order below is correct. What a year! Good luck to all teams in playoffs.

Week 5 Scores:
Cuthbertson - 31 @ Piedmont - 21
Anson - 27 @ Sun Valley - 49
Marvin Ridge - 3 @ Weddington - 34

Weddington 8-3, 5-0
Sun Valley 8-3, 3-2
Marvin Ridge 6-5, 3-2
Cuthbertson 6-5, 3-2
Anson 4-7, 1-4
Piedmont 3-8, 0-5

Reactions: Hold the line
Weddington will go far because of strength and discipline. One thing may hurt them and that is depth late in the playoffs. Marvin may do ok if they can get that offense rolling, shut down their go to WR and it's over. Cuthbertson can score but has some size and strength issues. Those teams are well coached. SV only has Howell and Miller. Talented, but that's it. Take them away and you beat them. Not strong, bad O'line, weak front 7. They score a lot but give up almost 30 a game.

Weddington is my pick out of the SCC, Marvin will win in 1st round and done, Cuthbertson will get routed, out 1round, SV if healthy can make a run. not many defense's can handle SV offence. They did have almost a thousand yard rusher in Ishod Finger, even missing 2 games he just fell short of the goal.

Weddington will go far because of strength and discipline. One thing may hurt them and that is depth late in the playoffs. Marvin may do ok if they can get that offense rolling, shut down their go to WR and it's over. Cuthbertson can score but has some size and strength issues. Those teams are well coached. SV only has Howell and Miller. Talented, but that's it. Take them away and you beat them. Not strong, bad O'line, weak front 7. They score a lot but give up almost 30 a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT