ADVERTISEMENT

Southeastern 4A Conference Predictions, Week #12

RD28327

Aug 12, 2003
Carthage, NC 28327
Purnell Swett @ Lumberton, Lumberton 20-18
Hoke County @ Pinecrest, Pinecrest, 49-7
Scotland @ Richmond Senior, Scotland, 34-27

Lumberton defeats Purnell Swett, Pinecrest pounds Hoke County. And, Scotland wins its sixth conseucive Southeastern 4A Conference regular season championship on the road at Richmond.

Last week, 3-0 (100%). Overall, 45-7 (86.5%).

Purnell Swett @ Lumberton, Rams 20-18 (L'ton still reeling from the storm
had some players to go out of state to live until school started back)

Hoke County @ Pinecrest, Patriots 49-7

Scotland @ Richmond, Raiders 31-27

I find it interesting that majority of you guys think Pinecrest will blow out Hoke. I beg to differ. I believe their defense keeps them in it as long as the offense limits turnovers. But and it's a big BUT. If there offense cliques and the defense continues to play strong they may shock everyone on this board.
I may be bias of that same mundane order of conference and would love to see a change as the winner of this game controls 3rd Rd in conference but I'm going upset
Hoke 22 Pinecrest 20
Scotland and Richmond. The good old fashioned battle for supremacy among the SEC. Yes Scotlands defense has been superior this season but can they be sufficient in the speed the Raiders assemble. Being hit with quick screens and dings and donks that lead to homeruns. 34 and 5 will continue to do damage but can the passing game thrive if the running game gets a little limp?
Honestly my head tells me Scotland but my gut speaks magic
Raiders 24-21
Purnell and Lumberton. Smash mouth football. Lumberton has owned this series of late and have not yielded from big wins against PS in past years. I feel this year is different considering the circumstances that have taken place and affected those in Lumberton as some homes of kids were lost. But hopefully they will be back as school has begun in Robeson County and have that full comrade type family back. Is it enough to get past the Rams? I don't think so. If the Rams don't beat themselves that is.
Purnell 21 Lumberton 20

Purnell Swett @ Lumberton - Swett started the season off pretty good, but has turned into the Swett of old. The situation in Lumberton is bad .... This will not be a game people will be busting down the doors to see. Swett gets a win in a close one.

Hoke County @ Pinecrest - Hoke's record doesn't show it, but they are a decent team and have made a lot of improvements from the past couple years. Nice win last week over Swett. Pinecrest has done their usual beat everybody up on the schedule except for Scotland and Richmond. Pinecrest in a easy one this week.

Scotland @ Richmond - One of the biggest and best rivalries in the state. Scotland is loaded with size and talent while Richmond is good, but they are not the Richmond teams of past years. Scotland on paper should win by a couple touchdowns, but rivalry games have a funny way of making things real interesting. Scotland continues their winning streak.

Pinecrest 42-6
Swett. 20-13
Richmond goes for 2...wins 22-21
Good-luck

Beware the FLEAFLICKER...COACH WANTS WHITE TO THROW T.D. PASS against Richmond. Assignment Raiders... Don't Bite .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT