ADVERTISEMENT

South Iredell vs Statesville

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Statesville came off a good win over Lake Norman 28-21. South lost to Porter Ridge 34-12. Looking back last year Porter Ridge won by bigger margin. Not sure how much they improved but going with Statesville in a big win. Any thoughts

Theoretically this should be a route, but said the same thing last year and it came down to the last possession.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Personally i feel Hickory is now Statesville's biggest rival. Statesville should win going away

Personally i feel Hickory is now Statesville's biggest rival. Statesville should win going away
One thing about it. Looking back last year Hickory who was 3A State Champions who only beat Statesville by 16. I consider that not bad. I do believe Statesville will be and has shown they are better team this year. Two matchups I look for is when Statesville plays East Lincoln and plays Hickory.

Every time each team does something good it gets brought back on penalty. Statesville scored but brought back on penalty

This game was frustrating to watch. Penalty’s everywhere 5 tds called back 3 Statesville 2 South. South makes around a 70 yd pass and was caught inside the 5 with 17 left. Qb gets tackled in play on the next play and game over. Statesville only had 31 plays 128 total yds. South Iredell 59 plays 350yds total offense. According to radio. Statesville fortunate

Is south Iredell that much improved or did statesville have a letdown after last week.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Is south Iredell that much improved or did statesville have a letdown after last week.
South has improved from last year. I was surprised their defense did good as it did. They are not a bad team. Statesville didn’t play bad but the penalties was what hurt both teams. South had several chances to get score but didn’t.

Statesville for sure had a let down, but South had a good game plan. I don’t know what there competition will be like, but they seemed to me about like last year but maybe improved hard to tell on a game like that . Statesville QB1 is still out with injury which doesn’t help, but it was an ugly game with penalty flags flying everywhere. South had Statesville inside the 5 yd line 3x including the last play of game on 1st and goal that they got sacked with 17 sec left that ran out the clock. South also had 2 tds called back. ( punt return and a passing td) Statesville also had 3 tds called back on 3 separate times ( INT return and two long passes if I remember correctly ) that they got 0 points on. South should have won that game in my opinion they out gained Statesville all night . Just couldn’t finish . some bad coaching decisions I thought on there part when they got deep.

That was a terrible game. The refs that called that game. That might have been their first High School game as officals.

Last edited:
South will look back at this one as the game they got away. Statesville really had little business winning this with how they played.

South QB is a heck of an athlete running the ball, and SVL had a hard time keeping contain on him. Throwing… a lot left to be desired

South might can win 2 or 3 Conference games this year. Time will tell
Idk. Offense is better but still very vanilla - Too much direct snaps to QB, they got 1 WR rn and the other 1 is hurt and all.

Defense is better - They did well vs Statesville

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT