ADVERTISEMENT

South Iredell vs Lake Norman

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Safe to say who wins this one but by how much. I might be wrong but I think SI will give LN a better game than Mooresville but we will see.
Max Prep showing 7pm start time but should be at 6:30.

This guy is real funny... The Lake is for real... No 1a school in this state would come close...
Really? Have you seen then and their 6 D1 seniors (2 already committed), one D3 commit, 4 sophomores having D1 interest now, play? Nine players run 4.6 or better with the 3 fastest at 4.5 or faster.

Now, my daughter teaches at Lake Norman and yes a lot of what I posted was jest and encouragement for LN to go hard Thursday night. The Coaches their will get a kick and a boost out of my post. That is who it was intended for.

But in all seriousness, come to Mt Airy and watch them. They are ranked 9th in the state all classifications by HighSchoolOT. They have scored 444 points so far this year, allowed only 22 through 8 games, and starters have only played in the second half in one game and only in the first part of third quarter in that game. Most games are playing 2nd team players in 2nd quarter. A long possession for The Bears is 4 plays.

A group of us are tailgating again Thursday night before senior night. We are having Chili. Come and join us, eating at 5:15 o'clock. I will even pay your way into the game.

And as to the part "No 1A school in this state ..." I will give you 3 others most 4A schools would not want any part of,,,,, Robbinsville (ask Rabun Gap), Swain, and Tarboro.

Look forward to seeing you Thursday evening.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Oh and by the way, out of Mt. Airy's 8 games so far this year, one 3A team, 3 2A teams and 4 1A schools one of which is 10th ranked 1A.
And, by the way, Mt Airy does NOT participate in the Transfer Portal. All out players are good old home grown young'uns.

Really? Have you seen then and their 6 D1 seniors (2 already committed), one D3 commit, 4 sophomores having D1 interest now, play? Nine players run 4.6 or better with the 3 fastest at 4.5 or faster.

Now, my daughter teaches at Lake Norman and yes a lot of what I posted was jest and encouragement for LN to go hard Thursday night. The Coaches their will get a kick and a boost out of my post. That is who it was intended for.

But in all seriousness, come to Mt Airy and watch them. They are ranked 9th in the state all classifications by HighSchoolOT. They have scored 444 points so far this year, allowed only 22 through 8 games, and starters have only played in the second half in one game and only in the first part of third quarter in that game. Most games are playing 2nd team players in 2nd quarter. A long possession for The Bears is 4 plays.

A group of us are tailgating again Thursday night before senior night. We are having Chili. Come and join us, eating at 5:15 o'clock. I will even pay your way into the game.

And as to the part "No 1A school in this state ..." I will give you 3 others most 4A schools would not want any part of,,,,, Robbinsville (ask Rabun Gap), Swain, and Tarboro.

Look forward to seeing you Thursday evening.
They're very strong 1A programs... No disrespect!!! But The Lake and Mooresville are a different animal...

Reactions: beamer24
OH Well what can I say. Today in Charlotte Observer Mt Airy had two players name to the West Roster of the East-West Game. OL Spencer Baldwin, 6'5" 235 lbs getting lots of D1 interest including Nebraska; and Walter Stroup, 6'0" 180 lb speedster WR, DB and Kicker (Duke talking among other D1 programs).

Add this to #1 Running Back in NC, All State Tyler Mason (committed to Va Tech) has 100 touchdowns in his career and All State 6'3" 230 lb DE Derc Dandy whom is also committed to Va Tech, being named to this years NC Shrine Browl,....

Just what can you say about these little bitty not very good 1A schools?

Go Wildcats again this week. My #2 team.

I read where LN QB had got hurt in the last game against Cox Mill. I believe I seen he had a broken collarbone. Anyway best wishes for the player that got hurt, hope he recovers soon. They had to use their backup QB. Still LN will be favor in this game.

Last edited:
OH Well what can I say. Today in Charlotte Observer Mt Airy had two players name to the West Roster of the East-West Game. OL Spencer Baldwin, 6'5" 235 lbs getting lots of D1 interest including Nebraska; and Walter Stroup, 6'0" 180 lb speedster WR, DB and Kicker (Duke talking among other D1 programs).

Add this to #1 Running Back in NC, All State Tyler Mason (committed to Va Tech) has 100 touchdowns in his career and All State 6'3" 230 lb DE Derc Dandy whom is also committed to Va Tech, being named to this years NC Shrine Browl,....

Just what can you say about these little bitty not very good 1A schools?

Go Wildcats again this week. My #2 team.
Special team like Mt Airy would be hard not want to watch. I would like to see them play. But I would want to see them against someone like Robinsonville where you have two good RB playing against each other. Or watch MA play in the State against Tarboro.

Special team like Mt Airy would be hard not want to watch. I would like to see them play. But I would want to see them against someone like Robinsonville where you have two good RB playing against each other. Or watch MA play in the State against Tarboro.
I would for you to visit Mt Airy and joins us for our tailgating before the game. I will let you know.

In JV action Lake Norman wins 27-6 over South Iredell. LN stays undefeated and will take on Mooresville for JV Conference Championship. Should be one heck of a show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold
I’m not at the game but I will be getting updates on scores on the game from a friend.
LN is up already 7-0 in the 1st

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT