ADVERTISEMENT

SMC

Wow!!! And who was sayin swain was a good team??? Boys varsity game may shape up to be another good en!!!

My apologies to the Hayesville team. I made a comment earlier in the season that they were not a top of the conference team but here they are. Congratulations

I don't know that you need to apologize--I think you said something like "if Hayesville is a top team in the conference then the conference isn't very good." I think you meant it as saying Hayesville wouldn't be a top team, but the statement still has some truth to it.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Andrews drops both boys and girls games against Union County. Boys played great for 3 Qtrs and just run out of steam in 4th against a talented team

I don't know that you need to apologize--I think you said something like "if Hayesville is a top team in the conference then the conference isn't very good." I think you meant it as saying Hayesville wouldn't be a top team, but the statement still has some truth to it.
I just can’t figure this season out for our conference. No consistency in our teams from game to game. I forget that we are talking about young teenagers and that’s just part of the game. I just hope we have enough teams with good enough records to squeeze into the playoffs

Well if your great coaches plan is to shoot 3s from half court you tried real hard lol . I’d say 0-9 from volleyball line too lol

Reactions: Cdoc73
Well if your great coaches plan is to shoot 3s from half court you tried real hard lol . I’d say 0-9 from volleyball line too lol

Looks like the green light to pull the trigger from where ever and when ever, regardless of the situation.

Reactions: BravesGWY
Really with tha ref deal sam!!?? You need to be on this Monday night football program of, "C'MON MAN"!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm not tha brightest crayon in tha box but when I seen nothin was fallin from behind half court I would've said red light stop!! Not only mintz but dominatin but Straughn and others to!! They was impressive tonight!! Mintz very hard to handle down under!!!!

Really with tha ref deal sam!!?? You need to be on this Monday night football program of, "C'MON MAN"!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm not tha brightest crayon in tha box but when I seen nothin was fallin from behind half court I would've said red light stop!! Not only mintz but dominatin but Straughn and others to!! They was impressive tonight!! Mintz very hard to handle down under!!!!
I’m not siding on anything but Sam stated 3 times that he predicted a blowout and had doubt Hayesville could compete. Only yesterday did he show some confidence in a win (after some prodding from others). And we were blown out by Hayesville but it doesn’t excuse the referees some nights.

Ha, ha. I was just having some fun blaming the refs! I expected a blowout and it was. I was quietly hoping that the Jackets could put up a fight, but they didn’t . Cherokee has not been dominant this year, but I think their football legs are quickly turning into basketball legs! They gonna be hard to handle. Mintz is a one man wrecking crew!

Mintz is definitely a man amongst boys in the paint and once shots start falling from deep from shooters like Santa-maria, Straughan and Day then everyone else in the smc is in really big trouble. And no, not even the refs could help Hayesville keep from nearly getting mercy ruled as Cherokee was up by as much as 39 at one point.

Tonight is definitely tha most in sync I've seen tha braves yet!! I know they still have some meshin to do and can't wait to see that in full swing!! Ah will see if we can stay consistant down tha stretch!! Go braves!!!

Yeah we still don’t have our 3s falling but man they can get up and down the court. When they play together they gonna be dominate. Mintz is a monster inside and Straughn is as crafty as they come add day getting into full swing and wow

Too bad once the braves get to the playoffs they have zero chance because mintz won't dominate anything once he plays a couple of 6'5 kids. It is sad because of the prep schools but Smoky mountain conference teams rarely can compete because of lack of size. Hayesville may be the exception in the next few years with their 8th grade class coming up and all the freshman they have contributing currently.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Too bad once the braves get to the playoffs they have zero chance because mintz won't dominate anything once he plays a couple of 6'5 kids. It is sad because of the prep schools but Smoky mountain conference teams rarely can compete because of lack of size. Hayesville may be the exception in the next few years with their 8th grade class coming up and all the freshman they have contributing currently.
I’m afraid it won’t happen even with the upcoming class. It didn’t go good when the elder Cottrel brother played and they had size on that team. After seeing A team like Lincoln Charter play I just don’t see a SMC team competing with teams like that

East Carteret won the state title as a traditional school without much size a few years ago, so it's not impossible. But even before charter schools, SMC teams were rarely in the running for a state title.

It's a sad realization that High School Basketball for public schools has been in trouble at the 1A level for a while now in terms of competing for state titles with a few exceptions like East Carteret as you mentioned....In the past, a team like Thomasville won titles because they played in your face defense from end to end for the entire game, and it wore teams down, and created a lot of extra possesions that the Bulldogs took advantage of...Nowadays, teams like WS-Prep, Lincoln Prep and Rocky Mount Prep to name a few just have better atheletes than most if not all 1A public schools, and I'm not sure that is going to change anytime soon...In fact, it seems to be getting a lot harder for public schools with boundaries to compete for a state basketball titles...There's several great 1A public school basketball programs around the state, but it's just hard for those teams to compete for state titles when other schools can just reload, and add talent on a yearly basis....

Just the way it is!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT