ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Week 7 pickem

Murphy of course is just a well oiled machine but i'm proud of the Wildcats. They have moved the ball well and has been inside Murphy's 30 3 times but only 1 FG. Passing game looks good tonight. Hopefully something to build on for the Wildcats

Reactions: TigerDen1
Cherokee 20, Swain 7. 96-yard TD return on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half. PAT goes wide left.

Braves with over 500+ yards offense tonight and we're still in the 3rd quarter over in Bryson City folks. Cherokee getting 'er done up 39-7. Swain fans are already heading to the house!

42-10 Murphy end of 3rd

Andrews has played Murphy a lot tougher than the score though, Wildcat fans should be proud of their effort tonight.

With that said Murphy has not shown up on the defensive side of the ball the last two weeks, this doesn't look anything like the same Murphy defense that was on the field against Pisgah or Franklin. The Wildcats (and the Black Knights last week) have moved the ball on the Murphy defense all night long, though to their credit 'Dogs have held firm in the red zone.

I'm glad Murphy has a bye week coming up because they really need to get things back on course defensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Cherokee 45, Swain 7. Seems like about the only weakness the Braves have this year is the kicking game. About 4 minutes to go in the game.

Cherokee 45, Swain 7, final.

Hats off to the Braves. They are the real deal this year. That's the worst I've seen the Swain line outplayed this year, and on both sides of the ball. And Mintz is a huge threat on foot or through the air. Murphy better hope they can answer score for score... the difference might come down to an extra point or two.

Murphy better hope they can answer score for score... the difference might come down to an extra point or two.
'Dogs moved the ball at will on the Braves last year, I know Cherokee is definitely improved on that side of the ball but I'm not worried about the Murphy offense, it's the 'Dogs defense that has me concerned. With the way things are shaping up it looks like it will be a shootout.

Cherokee definitely has everyone's attention after tonight and you know they Braves are going to play out of their mind the last game of the season if the conference title is on the line at the Rez.

I'm for sure worried as a Murphy fan, lots of games between now and then though (including a very tough game for Murphy at your Maroon Devils).

'Dogs moved the ball at will on the Braves last year, I know Cherokee is improved on that side of the ball but I'm not worried about the Murphy offense, it's the 'Dogs defense that has me concerned. With the way things are shaping up it looks like it will be a shootout.

Cherokee definitely has everyone's attention after tonight and you know they're going to play out of their mind last game of the season if the conference title is on the line at the Rez, I'm for sure worried as a Murphy fan, lots of games between now and then though (including a very tough game for Murphy at your Maroon Devils).

Everybody was talking the Braves' defense down before the game, but they did a pretty good job of shutting the run down between the tackles. Their pass D does leave something to be desired. This season looks to be more of a race than I thought at the beginning... but if the Devils play against Murphy the way they played tonight, I don't think the 'Dogs have much to worry about from that quarter.

Last edited:
42-10 Murphy end of 3rd

Andrews has played Murphy a lot tougher than the score though, Wildcat fans should be proud of their effort tonight.

With that said Murphy has not shown up on the defensive side of the ball the last two weeks, this doesn't look anything like the same Murphy defense that was on the field against Pisgah or Franklin. The Wildcats (and the Black Knights last week) have moved the ball on the Murphy defense all night long, though to their credit 'Dogs have held firm in the red zone.

I'm glad Murphy has a bye week coming up because they really need to get things back on course defensively.
Well being said, I remember after mic played Andrews last year oh mic left starters in, after Murphy pulled starters Andrews left starters in smh lol

You sub the ones that didn't play smh
We don't have the luxury that Murphy does as far as depth. We could put a Sophomore lineman at Qb or the punter at center I guess. Trust me Coach Phillips is a class act and if he had the players like Murphy does he would have. We have kids on that team that has never played football in their life so it is what it is. You still won 49 to 24 !!

Reactions: TigerDen1
Less than zero problem with Andrews keeping their starters in, you play to the final whistle. If Murphy had cared that much about the final scoreline (which they most certainly didn't) they would've kept the starters in when they went up 49-10.

Andrews has a keeper in Phillips, IMO he is the best head coach to don the Wildcats sideline since Keifer. I really hope Andrews can hold on to him, I really think he and the Wildcats can have some real success in the conference in a few years when Andrews current JV's are upperclassmen.

Less than zero problem with Andrews keeping their starters in, you play to the final whistle. If Murphy had cared that much about the final scoreline (which they most certainly didn't) they would've kept the starters in when they went up 49-10.

Andrews has a keeper in Phillips, IMO he is the best head coach to don the Wildcats sideline since Keifer. I really hope Andrews can hold on to him, I really think he and the Wildcats can have some real success in the conference in a few years when Andrews current JV's are upperclassmen.
Thank you, I do to but depth is always one of our biggest problems. We can have a handful of good athletes and not much support around them. Even years we field 30 players we will still just have a handful of athletes. Our JV team is doing well and we have have some athletic Sophomores to go with them. Hopefully we can get more kids out but we're limited. Good luck to Murphy the rest of the season, you know i'm pulling for our Cherokee County team to go on and bring the Title back to our county

Oh by the way, I know a little about football and I know Murphy could have put up 80 points on us.

Thank you, Good luck to Murphy the rest of the season, you know i'm pulling for our Cherokee County team to go on and bring the Title back to our county
My son is half Wildcat and half Bulldog, so nowadays I begrudgingly (just kidding) pull for the Wildcats when they're not playing Murphy.

In all seriousness I'm permanently moving to Andrews in a few months (great deal on a nice home) so I guess I better get use to the idea of supporting the Wildcats in a few years, assuming that god forsaken East/West high school business doesn't actually happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
My son is half Wildcat and half Bulldog, so nowadays I begrudgingly (just kidding) pull for the Wildcats when they're not playing Murphy.

In all seriousness I'm permanently moving to Andrews in a few months (great deal on a nice home) so I guess I better get use to the idea of supporting the Wildcats in a few years, assuming that god forsaken East/West high school business doesn't actually happen.
Lol. Hey nothing wrong with being loyal to your home team. I am the same way. I am totally against consolidation but I understand why and realize it's inevitable. What about our schools history. Our Sports Hall of Fame, our record holders etc. where will these things go. My mind goes back to the power house Sylva Webster which is now Smoky Mtn High. Since consolidation that once great sports program has been just mediocre. I'm just proud of our school as I know Murphy & Hiwassee Dam are too

Good game by your wildcats WC10fan. Play calling was very good and kept the Dogs D guessing most of the night.

Good game by your wildcats WC10fan. Play calling was very good and kept the Dogs D guessing most of the night.
. This was what I was glad to see. When you are undermanned you have to mix it up. You can't run, run, throw & punt and for the biggest part of the season is what we had done. I hope we continue to play with this type game plan for the remainder of the season. Good luck for the rest of your season. Murphys offense is smooth as silk and makes no mistakes. I didn't see any fumbles and the Qb just never makes any mistakes. He only threw one int all of last season and I believe he has only 2 this year. It's amazing that you can run like 6 different backs all night long and never lose anything. Each back can take it to the house. Just a well oiled machine

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT