Hayesville vs Franklin

Friday
Hayesville vs Robbinsville
Murphy vs Franklin
Swain vs Andrews
Cherokee vs Rosman

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Can some of my fellow SMC fans help me out? I vaguely recall coming across a smoky mountain conference football history website. Like it had all time team records, records against opponents and other stuff. Maybe I am just crazy that is fully possible. But if someone could link it that would be great.

Just to make everyone aware both the Franklin @ Murphy game and the Robbinsville @ Hayesville, will be broadcast live on FYNTV.net Franklin is well organized, has a pretty good back and a very elusive QB expect them to give Murphy a pretty good game. Hayesville has had very little practice due to basketball expect them to come out sharper and play better against Robbinsville. Needs to be mentioned that Hayesville got the worst draw of any team in conference for the beginning of their schedule.

Robbinsville starters only played 1.5 Quarters week one. I expect Hayesville to be much better this friday. I'm guessing 21-07 halftime score.
35-14 final.

Robbinsville starters only played 1.5 Quarters week one. I expect Hayesville to be much better this friday. I'm guessing 21-07 halftime score.
35-14 final.
What happened to moonshiner Lance. Was watching last night and they showed he passed away. One my favorite episodes was when he tried to make absinthe.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
I know a lineman got hurt.
He walked off though.

Last edited:
Robbinsville
Murphy
Cherokee

I think a lot of people are overlooking Andrews. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cats play Swain close and possibly get the win. I’m giving Swain the edge because one of Andrews best players is not 100% but this is definitely the game of the week.

Reactions: mbdfan
Robbinsville
Murphy
Cherokee

I think a lot of people are overlooking Andrews. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cats play Swain close and possibly get the win. I’m giving Swain the edge because one of Andrews best players is not 100% but this is definitely the game of the week.
Murphy and Swain back to back is a formidable challenge.

It wont matter. Robbinsville has an abundance of depth in the well. They are destined for deep playoff runs/championships the next few years. Anything less will be a disappointment.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
It wont matter. Robbinsville has an abundance of depth in the well. They are destined for deep playoff runs/championships the next few years. Anything less will be a disappointment.
No offense to Robbinsville or any other SMC team but the state championship window for any of the SMC is this spring unless Tarboro suddenly drops off or has a down season.

Robbinsville has some real good looking underclassmen backs and lineman coming through but you are going to have be able to sling it in addition to the ground game to beat a good Tarboro team.

No offense to Robbinsville or any other SMC team but the state championship window for any of the SMC is this spring unless Tarboro suddenly drops off or has a down season.

Robbinsville has some real good looking underclassmen backs and lineman coming through but you are going to have be able to sling it in addition to the ground game to beat a good Tarboro team.
True...But It does looks like Robbinsville is preparing to sling it..They were 4/5 last week for 126yds..
31 yds per catch. The receiving corps this year is better than last year. We have a sophomore that is probably already better than Lawson was last year.

Reactions: mbdfan
True...But It does looks like Robbinsville is preparing to sling it..They were 4/5 last week for 126yds..
31 yds per catch. The receiving corps this year is better than last year. We have a sophomore that is probably already better than Lawson was last year.
I hear ya Gentle, problem is Collins is a senior this spring. I'm not saying none of the other kids coming up cant be good QB's but nothing I've seen on the last three Robbinsville JV teams suggests there's anything close to Collins in the pipeline QB wise. I know Adams played there in youth league but he's not a QB at the varsity level or at least not one who is going to be a big threat as purely a passer.

I agree with Mbd on this one. Robbinsville doesn't have a QB to win a 1aa title right now. In my opinion the realignment and no subdividing will cost Robbinsville 2 to 3 titles over the next 4 years.

I hear ya Gentle, problem is Collins is a senior this spring. I'm not saying none of the other kids coming up cant be good QB's but nothing I've seen on the last three Robbinsville JV teams suggests there's anything close to Collins in the pipeline QB wise. I know Adams played there in youth league but he's not a QB at the varsity level or at least not one who is going to be a big threat as purely a passer.
Actually half our passing yards came from junior qb Dason Gross..he is very accurate but nowhere near the running threat as Collins..Collins can burn it. I think he finished 2nd in the conference 100m behind Wood. Also heard this week that the freshman Adams is now in a dead heat with Collins

Reactions: BK13T-$
I will say this..Robbinsville started the season last year(2019) and had no idea how the team would be successful without a quarterback . NOBODY saw Collins coming. He had a terrible jv career. He was developed quickly and will now go down as one of the Knights all time best quarterbacks

I will say this..Robbinsville started the season last year(2019) and had no idea how the team would be successful without a quarterback . NOBODY saw Collins coming. He had a terrible jv career. He was developed quickly and will now go down as one of the Knights all time best quarterbacks
Very fair point, nobody saw it coming with Collins. You can't teach athleticism though and he's got plenty.

Last edited:
Carpenter will be QB 22 and 23.
He is already 6-2 as a freshman.

Tabor will fall off some if they keep dropping

No... I think The road runs through Robbinsville.

No... I think The road runs through Robbinsville.
In the '22 and '23 SMC, sure. In an unsubdivided 1A, you'll see soon enough. Murphy got a dose of it with Wallace Rose Hill and talent wise I'd put that Murphy team up against any Walsh has fielded at Robbinsville. Tarboro is like that Wallace team.. but nearly every year. No need to argue about it, we'll revisit this topic in 3 years and see who had it right.

Last edited:
In the '22 and '23 SMC, sure. In an unsubdivided 1A, you'll see soon enough. Murphy got a dose of it with Wallace Rose Hill and talent wise I'd put that Murphy team up against any Walsh has fielded at Robbinsville. Tarboro is like that Wallace team.. but nearly every year. No need to argue about it, we'll revisit this topic in 3 years and see who had it right.
Yes we will. Wait and see ole buddy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT