ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Tournament

Looks like either the 6 or the 7 will be in the final with a shot to steal a playoff spot.
You got to love SMC Tournament time. I’m old enough to remember Coach Maennle playing on some Andrews teams that had some big upsets back in the day. Neutral court, neutral officials and a team that has nothing to lose. Yes it would take a miracle but you got to go in believing

You got to love SMC Tournament time. I’m old enough to remember Coach Maennle playing on some Andrews teams that had some big upsets back in the day. Neutral court, neutral officials and a team that has nothing to lose. Yes it would take a miracle but you got to go in believing
What do you mean by neutral officials? Are they using a different association?

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
That about covers every base. Sounds like a politician lol. It’s nothing but a respect thing. Either you want to show respect or you don’t. I’m sure any coach can come up with some excuse as to which one is is going to show. Lol that was some entertaining reasons though.

Maybe a little political sounding, but I also try to look at it from multiple view points. No offense but I must ask is your view point clouded by the fact that the state of your teams in recent years has resulted in you having received more beat downs than you have given? Let me ask you about another situation. What about a team that builds a big lead and then just holds the ball, basicly just running clock so that no one really gets to play? Score doesn’t get bad but are they looking down on the losing team? How about this, we say you must pay against the best to get better, is that true? No one likes getting the score run up on our team but as I have told teams before- “If you don’t like it, work and get better”.

Maybe a little political sounding, but I also try to look at it from multiple view points. No offense but I must ask is your view point clouded by the fact that the state of your teams in recent years has resulted in you having received more beat downs than you have given? Let me ask you about another situation. What about a team that builds a big lead and then just holds the ball, basicly just running clock so that no one really gets to play? Score doesn’t get bad but are they looking down on the losing team? How about this, we say you must pay against the best to get better, is that true? No one likes getting the score run up on our team but as I have told teams before- “If you don’t like it, work and get better”.
No offense taken. All my thoughts are from a time period when Andrews was one of the top 3 teams for a decade and a half and that’s just what Coach Solesbee did. It was also that way in football with a big lead or a big deficit you set your starters. I throw football in there because your last statement came from a comment Coach Gentry made a few years ago but Coach Gentry would pull his starters after halftime. I can respect that. Yes we have had beat downs and my view is not clouded because I know the difference between class and disrespect. I’m not really sure what you meant by the slowing down the offense but if you are referring too our style of play you have to play with what fits your athletes. We can not run and gun with the athletes we have, we can not play man to man defense either so to me it’s smart coaching knowing what scheme works for his team. The game Friday is over and I just want to say in all the years I’ve been on here I’ve never acted this way towards another team. I’ve always supported all our teams come playoffs in all sports. I guess in the back of my mind I never forgot how I was brought up and I always told people that one day Hayesville will not be the top dog and every team goes through a period where they are down. When that time comes i’m sure all the teams that were humiliated by them will enjoy the moment they win as much as I have. No disrespect intended but you do know everyone feels this way for the same reasons as me. It’s over now and I will move on.

Reactions: TigerDen1
Lol. One last question for the Hayesville fans. I love stats and I know different coaches look at it different and I understand their reasons for not putting their team stats on MaxPreps. Personally I love to see them. But what Coach only puts one players stats, which just happens to be his sons, on MaxPreps ? Who does that ? What does that tell the other players ! If your child was on that team how would that make you feel ? I’m sure the other players would like to see their stats posted. That just blew my mind. Sometimes winning all the time clouds your judgement I guess

Wildcat you took the words out of my mouth. I have no respect for that coach. I have ? For Hayesville fans will your coach stay?

Wildcat I also agree about different styles of athletes. I think it takes a great coach to recognize what he/she has and run from that and not run what they have always run because they are scared of change.

Wildcat I also agree about different styles of athletes. I think it takes a great coach to recognize what he/she has and run from that and not run what they have always run because they are scared of change.
Exactly, we even run a Diamond & 2 along with the Box & 1 defense this year. I haven’t seen Andrews do that in years. And why wouldn’t you start playing slow while you were up by 26. When you have 3 Freshman on the court who will make mental mistakes you give it to your leaders and eat the clock up. You would be a idiot to let your team run and gun and blow a lead like that. Just sound coaching and good judgment

That kills me in football or basketball. This is 1A Sports. You look at the athletes you have and find what works for that group. You cannot go out and say this is what I run and it’s all I will run. You can’t do that at a small school.

Wildcat you took the words out of my mouth. I have no respect for that coach. I have ? For Hayesville fans will your coach stay?
I was wondering the same thing. Did he stay long enough to see his last child finish. He does have a extremely good team coming up from Middle School. A couple of those were held back a year like they did with some of the previous top players. Will be interesting to see.

No offense taken. All my thoughts are from a time period when Andrews was one of the top 3 teams for a decade and a half and that’s just what Coach Solesbee did. It was also that way in football with a big lead or a big deficit you set your starters. I throw football in there because your last statement came from a comment Coach Gentry made a few years ago but Coach Gentry would pull his starters after halftime. I can respect that. Yes we have had beat downs and my view is not clouded because I know the difference between class and disrespect. I’m not really sure what you meant by the slowing down the offense but if you are referring too our style of play you have to play with what fits your athletes. We can not run and gun with the athletes we have, we can not play man to man defense either so to me it’s smart coaching knowing what scheme works for his team. The game Friday is over and I just want to say in all the years I’ve been on here I’ve never acted this way towards another team. I’ve always supported all our teams come playoffs in all sports. I guess in the back of my mind I never forgot how I was brought up and I always told people that one day Hayesville will not be the top dog and every team goes through a period where they are down. When that time comes i’m sure all the teams that were humiliated by them will enjoy the moment they win as much as I have. No disrespect intended but you do know everyone feels this way for the same reasons as me. It’s over now and I will move on.

Let me clarify, by slowing it down I mean the old 4 corners and refusing to shoot.

Lol. One last question for the Hayesville fans. I love stats and I know different coaches look at it different and I understand their reasons for not putting their team stats on MaxPreps. Personally I love to see them. But what Coach only puts one players stats, which just happens to be his sons, on MaxPreps ? Who does that ? What does that tell the other players ! If your child was on that team how would that make you feel ? I’m sure the other players would like to see their stats posted. That just blew my mind. Sometimes winning all the time clouds your judgement I guess

All i can say is WOW and BS.

Ok Wildcat, not that I didn't believe you about Max preps but I had to see for myself. Wow. Who does that? Your right if you go to Max preps and look at Hayesville stats it only shows one kid. I'm in shock. Daddy ball at its finest. I think that maybe worse than Rosman baseball. Truly shocked.

Very disappointing to hear people talk like this about high school athletics. Seems to me that andrews won a big game and doesn't know how to act. Don't spoil it for your community and teams. Help these young athletes learn how to handle winning by being a good example. Been around high school athletics for years and really hate to see us abuse athletes and coaches like this. I am pretty sure there are young people who read this stuff.
What is your hang up with Hayesville basketball.?? Not healthy for you to harbor such intense disdain or jealousy for another team, coach or players. Relax and enjoy your winning. Also to answer the stat thing. I talked with a reporter that said a lot of media outlets were asking for his pt ave. Asked if they would enter pts so they could keep up with where the big scorers in state ranked. No big deal. Move on. Good luck to the teams in the semi finals. Going to watch the big six tourn next. Good luck to SMC in state playoffs.

Reactions: HSG
Very disappointing to hear people talk like this about high school athletics. Seems to me that andrews won a big game and doesn't know how to act. Don't spoil it for your community and teams. Help these young athletes learn how to handle winning by being a good example. Been around high school athletics for years and really hate to see us abuse athletes and coaches like this. I am pretty sure there are young people who read this stuff.
What is your hang up with Hayesville basketball.?? Not healthy for you to harbor such intense disdain or jealousy for another team, coach or players. Relax and enjoy your winning. Also to answer the stat thing. I talked with a reporter that said a lot of media outlets were asking for his pt ave. Asked if they would enter pts so they could keep up with where the big scorers in state ranked. No big deal. Move on. Good luck to the teams in the semi finals. Going to watch the big six tourn next. Good luck to SMC in state playoffs.
It’s not Andrews or the school or community it’s just my opinion. Please don’t twist this around to make it more than it is. It’s solely my opinion. First I will respond by saying I haven’t and will not attack a student athlete, lets make that clear. If you go back and read my posts I didn’t call a kid out and will never. Next if you are new to this page or not from this area you will not understand about the competition in our conference even though the same situation happens all over our country. Coaches are not to be put on a pedestal and are not above reproach. Sometimes coaches get to where after many successful years that nobody should question them but you know everyone does. From Peewee to Professionals it will always be part of their job being questioned. I too have coached and been apart of athletics all my life. Also you know as well as I do if your going to report the score because of media requests the right thing and the fair thing to do would be to enter all the athletes stats. I made a statement about watching this coach run the score up for many years on teams of our conference. Plain and simple. No hang up just stated my dislike for the lack of respect of other coaches and teams by doing such. Again my opinion only not that of my school or community

I don't buy the whole pts score. If you look at all stats across SMC all stats are entered for all kids on that team. Just don't make sense. I don't think Wildcat is in the wrong here.Also nobody is talking about the kids we are discussing an adult.

I don't buy the whole pts score. If you look at all stats across SMC all stats are entered for all kids on that team. Just don't make sense. I don't think Wildcat is in the wrong here.Also nobody is talking about the kids we are discussing an adult.
Thanks man. It’s a little strange don’t you think that this new member of Ncpreps just happened upon my posts and had time to contact media about the stats of Hayesville and was able to give a statement of how the State was requesting those stats for one of the top players in the state. Lmbo. Just a little strange for a newcomer on this page. He is probably a veteran on this page who opened up a new account to write that comment. Either way I’ve enjoyed myself and will put it to rest. If he is truly a new member he doesn’t know we cut each other on here and poke a lot at each other. This is no place for thin skinned people and most of the time it’s just having fun getting a rise out of the other team Having said all this I will wish all our teams good luck in the SMC Tournament and the State playoffs and yes that includes Hayesville

Last edited:
Nothing you said was outta line Wildcat. Seeclearly is obviously blind and has no clue how fierce and competitive the SMC is. Facts are facts, and when that applies, there is no malice. Hayesville got their a$$ handed to them the other night. I think its humorous a new poster would come on here talking about harboring jelousy and disdain, especially Hayesville. Im pretty sure ole sammy boy was gloating about Murphy losing to Mt Airy. He even started a thread about how Murphy couldnt win in 1AA to stoke the fire. Bottom line is, SMC fans are fierce, but in most part respective.

Nothing you said was outta line Wildcat. Seeclearly is obviously blind and has no clue how fierce and competitive the SMC is. Facts are facts, and when that applies, there is no malice. Hayesville got their a$$ handed to them the other night. I think its humorous a new poster would come on here talking about harboring jelousy and disdain, especially Hayesville. Im pretty sure ole sammy boy was gloating about Murphy losing to Mt Airy. He even started a thread about how Murphy couldnt win in 1AA to stoke the fire. Bottom line is, SMC fans are fierce, but in most part respective.
Thanks man. He was trying to be politically correct but why does he think no one can pass judgment on a coach. It’s sports. As a matter of fact we beat them last year on their own court and that’s where I lost what little bit of respect I had left for him. One of his players got a technical and the coach was so irate within a minute the coach got 2 technicals and was ejected. We were winning and went on to win. It’s easy to look good when you have destroyed teams for several years but he sure showed he couldn’t handle losing. Then this so called new member comes on here and tries to tell me to not be a sore loser and act like we’ve won before. Lol

Thanks man. He was trying to be politically correct but why does he think no one can pass judgment on a coach. It’s sports. As a matter of fact we beat them last year on their own court and that’s where I lost what little bit of respect I had left for him. One of his players got a technical and the coach was so irate within a minute the coach got 2 technicals and was ejected. We were winning and went on to win. It’s easy to look good when you have destroyed teams for several years but he sure showed he couldn’t handle losing. Then this so called new member comes on here and tries to tell me to not be a sore loser and act like we’ve won before. Lol

Just for the sake of factual disclosure, if you will check Andrews defeated Hayesville at Andrews. HHS’s coach was disqualified at Hayesville and Andrews was leading at the time but lost the game. The player tech you refer to was not a technical foul but rather an intentional foul on a layup and occurred after the coach was disqualified.

Just for the sake of factual disclosure, if you will check Andrews defeated Hayesville at Andrews. HHS’s coach was disqualified at Hayesville and Andrews was leading at the time but lost the game. The player tech you refer to was not a technical foul but rather an intentional foul on a layup and occurred after the coach was disqualified.
Ok I will check my facts but thought we won at Hayesville that night The technical I was sure of was not a lay up but on the Hayesville sidecourt when the Hayesville player shoved our player a little pass half court.

I stand corrected on the outcome of the game. Hayesville did win it was our girls that won that night in a close finish. I’m still standing by my events of the player technical on the sidecourt when the player shoved our player and the coach got irate because of the call and got two quick technicals which caused him to be ejected

Ok I will check my facts but thought we won at Hayesville that night The technical I was sure of was not a lay up but on the Hayesville sidecourt when the Hayesville player shoved our player a little pass half court.

Went back and watched the film the foul was an intentional on a layup- the ball was inbounded under the Andrews basket. The only player technical was called on an Andrews player for a verbal response on a foul call. Both of theses occurred in 4th quarter. 2nd tech on coach was at halftime.

Glad you had the game film on hand Coach but i’m still sticking to my recollection of the game

Glad you had the game film on hand Coach but i’m still sticking to my recollection of the game

No problem, just wanted to get it right. But if you want we can go to a really nice restaurant watch the film and whoever is wrong picks up the check. And you know if you keep getting the facts distorted posters may start to call you Richblackman lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13bc9fc
No problem, just wanted to get it right. But if you want we can go to a really nice restaurant watch the film and whoever is wrong picks up the check. And you know if you keep getting the facts distorted posters may start to call you Richblakman lol.
Oh lord. Comparing me to Rich. Lmbo Now people on here know me better than that. No thank you for the invite but i’m confident in my recollection and the main thing I was getting across was the coach was ejected and I know whether you say it was a intentional foul on the player on a layup after the coach was ejected was not my main point. It was the action of the coach getting ejected and hasn’t that been the story line for the last two days. Lack of respect for the Coach

Is this thread titled SMC Tournament? or Andrews vs Hayesville 2016?
Lol. Yeah sorry about that guys. But every time they come back with another comment I have to have a rebuttal. Had no earthly idea it would go on for two days and I’ve lost interest now. Been stuck out of town in a motel on a rainy weekend so it help pass the time. Lol

It's ok Wildcat they also thought the water bottle being thrown was funny only because it was thrown at ref,but our kids were on the court and the woman stayed in gym. Wrong is wrong just like I stated earlier, no matter if home team or away team. I'm not going to stick up for bad behavior from either team period. When you promote that type of behavior like Wildcat said earlier it shows no class.

Oh lord. Comparing me to Rich. Lmbo Now people on here know me better than that. No thank you for the invite but i’m confident in my recollection and the main thing I was getting across was the coach was ejected and I know whether you say it was a intentional foul on the player on a layup after the coach was ejected was not my main point. It was the action of the coach getting ejected and hasn’t that been the story line for the last two days. Lack of respect for the Coach

Fine, it is your opinion. I have great respect for him. One thing I would like to point out is that no HHS player received a technical foul. He was in control of his team. Can Andrews say the same for that night? No.

Reactions: 13bc9fc

I sure hope he stays. Been winning for 20 years here and about 14 of those years were without his sons on the team!!

And I restate what I said earlier. Anyone from Andrews calling out another coach, considering the feelings toward Andrews current coach is the pot calling the kettle black! RITFLMAO

I sure hope he stays. Been winning for 20 years here and about 14 of those years were without his sons on the team!!
Dollars to donuts he stays, Hayesville's current 8th and 9th grade classes will be legitimate title contenders when they're 11th and 12th graders, had one of the Cottrell's been apart of that group they might well have been the favorites.

That's if they don't go your way bdfan! That would make my day!! Big kid in that group has a weakness and I think it'll be found out soon enough!!

Ashe is very impressive all tha way around tho!! Hate seein him in them colors against my braves but seriously don't mind watchin him play basketball!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT