ADVERTISEMENT

1A SMC predictions

That's when the 3 top scorers came in and people started sneering in disbelief at the coach. He did pull them out quickly but was it because people sneered about it. The Braves 2 no string was dismantling our 1st with ease. In my opinion it was to much.
As far as the boys game we will see. Don't get to full of yourself. If the calls would have been different last night you would have went home with a loss. Just keep in mind one thing. No disrespect but I will shoot it straight to anyone. The well might dry up one day and the shoe might be on the other foot. What would you expect for your team. RESPECT

Cherokee girls has 1seinor 2 juniors 7 sophomores, 3 freshman. 2 girls are returning from acl surgery, we had 2 girl who didn't make the trip because they were sick. Our girls didn't press at all in the second half, if my memory is right coach was subbing 5 in, 5 out.

Anybody want to update predictions now that there are a few games to go off of?

At this point, I would go with Cherokee girls and Swain boys to win it, but Robbinsville girls and Cherokee boys look tough, as well. And we're already starting to see on the boys side that all 7 teams are capable of beating each other this year.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Murphy boys will be very solid once they get in basketball shape and build some chemistry, not much size but really athletic, they're 3-1 thus far. The one loss was by 20 at Swain with just one practice before hand, in a game that was more competitive than the score. By mid January I expect they will be pretty hard to beat. Dogs will be a real tough out next season with all key players on the roster this year returning.

Murphy girls are right where I expected them to be, 4-0. When the girls get a few more games under their belt and gel chemistry wise, they will be tough to handle with their size in the front court.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Lady knights looking good. One lose to Franklin by 3.
I have to admit I was wrong about this group. After losing two 1000 point scorers which were also two great defensive players, I thought it would be a off year for the Lady Knights. Sometimes a team that plays as a team is better than a team with just two great players. CHEMISTRY

My predictions has changed now after a couple of weeks of games. I still have Cherokee & Murphy at the top with Murphy being close. I have dropped my lady Wildcats from 3rd to 5 th and putting Robbinsville at 3 rd with SWAIN being close to them in 4 th.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Let's keep the robbinsville girls in it just so there posters will stay around ... lol they dissapear sometimes ... Cheroke girls look strong with Murphy being close second

Last edited:
I was talking about middle school girls. Someone else brought up middle school ball.
#TheUCONNoftheSMC!

I was talking about middle school girls. Someone else brought up middle school ball.
#TheUCONNoftheSMC!
If my memory is correct Cherokee won it last year I can promise you Robbinsville hasn't won it the last 5 years in a roll

Yes they have. Maybe you don't understand what I was saying. This team is going for a 5peat. Fact. They are somewhere around 75-2 record and are on a winning streak of about 65 in a row. The only NC team to ever beat us was Murphy by 2 four yrs ago. We revenged it in the tourney. BTW we blew that same Murphy team out of the water already this season. Like I said #5peat!

Last edited:
Hey wildcat our midget play Xmas tournament Saturday in andrews.
I won't be able to make it. I do have a nephew on the Andrews Middle School team who have only lost one game and that was to Hayesville. I have high hopes for this team and my nephew. He is 6'3 strong and still growing. Size 16 shoe in the 8th grade. Lol

He is huge.

My daughter is on midgets (12) and is 5-7 and still growing. Hope she makes 5-10 at least.

He is huge.

My daughter is on midgets (12) and is 5-7 and still growing. Hope she makes 5-10 at least.
That's great, best of look to your daughter. My daughter is 6'0 and a senior. I don't know what I will do with myself when she graduates. Thank God I have my nephew coming up. Lol. Hey, enjoy every game and every minute with your daughter, it's over in the blink of a eye

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT