ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Pick 'em Week 5 Games, and a question....

OldMaroonDevil

Oct 21, 2012
Week 5 games:

Andrews at Hayesville (DOUBLE JEOPARDY)
Smoky Mtn. at Cherokee
Gilmer Co., GA at Murphy
Tuscola at Swain Co.
Dropout GotW: N. Buncombe at Mitchell
1A GotW: S. Nash at Tarboro (DOUBLE JEOPARDY)
WNC GotW:
Franklin at Erwin
Open-Date GotW: W. Henderson at Mtn. Heritage
OMD's GotW: Plymouth at Camden Co.

Pick 'em here: http://goo.gl/forms/zahCx4fmE1

Conference starts next week, and all conference games will be double jeopardy. There will be enough other games to keep us at +/- 55 points a week max. Hope there are plenty of competitive ones to choose from... so here's the question: is it better to stay with more western/small school games, or should we pick games where the teams might be less familiar, but the games are maybe more competitive? For example, I passed on Kell/Hough last week in favor of a more local matchup... what do y'all think?

Last edited:
dont pick less familiar teams nobody cares about

Sounds like you're outvoted, Fourth. :) But that's why I threw the "OMD" game of the week in there... I reserve the right to pick any game I want, for any reason. (I plan to make it a GOOD reason, usually...) I suspected we'd want to stay more or less local, though. I certainly don't want to have to investigate the ins and outs of some random 4A team just because they're in a tight game with some other random 4A team. The top-ranked games might occasionally be the best available option, but I hope the conferences more or less west of Charlotte (along with 1A statewide) will keep us occupied.... we shall see, I guess.

Reactions: Fourth'n'Inches
Sounds like you're outvoted, Fourth. :) But that's why I threw the "OMD" game of the week in there... I reserve the right to pick any game I want, for any reason. (I plan to make it a GOOD reason, usually...) I suspected we'd want to stay more or less local, though. I certainly don't want to have to investigate the ins and outs of some random 4A team just because they're in a tight game with some other random 4A team. The top-ranked games might occasionally be the best available option, but I hope the conferences more or less west of Charlotte (along with 1A statewide) will keep us occupied.... we shall see, I guess.

Outvoted? Fourth said he didn't care what teams you marched out there each week!

Reactions: OldMaroonDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT