ADVERTISEMENT

1A Smc Boys

Incase you didnt know. Robbinsville isnt big on boys bball. Girls yes.

Boys wear rings in wrestling and football.
Should be back at STATE next week.

I would be we willing to wager most posters could care less about rv ms girls basketball. This is a high school forum after all. Just saying

Cherokee 93 - Rosman 71

D Thomas 29pts
H Thomas 21pts

(I think....)

If he had just a little more help they would be dangerous!!! I seriously don't know how robinsville boys are winnin!! Chill out bk, it's ok, unz just care about wrestlin, football and moonshine!! Unz are tha chuck Norris of SMC!!!

67-66. R’ville with another big win. R’ville played agressive and never let up. The boys played their hearts out and wanted it more. They have shown flashes of competiveness but have hard times closing games. We had Murphy and Swain on the ropes and couldn’t finish them. We still have another match against Murphy but our boys are scrappy and show they won’t lay down. Their record isn’t pretty but if they play with this same kind of intensity then we could have some more upsets before regular season is up. Big win for our boys and a huge improvement from their 30 point blow out from the last time they played Hayesville.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Yeah Thomas is 6’5 and can shoot it. He should have some offers.

Rville is hard to read because I thought they were the worst team I seen in years then they beat rosman and Hayesville. Tough call

67-66. R’ville with another big win. R’ville played agressive and never let up. The boys played their hearts out and wanted it more. They have shown flashes of competiveness but have hard times closing games. We had Murphy and Swain on the ropes and couldn’t finish them. We still have another match against Murphy but our boys are scrappy and show they won’t lay down. Their record isn’t pretty but if they play with this same kind of intensity then we could have some more upsets before regular season is up. Big win for our boys and a huge improvement from their 30 point blow out from the last time they played Hayesville.
Your right. Robbinsville also plays good team ball. They pass the ball well and get everyone involved. Anymore basketball is a one or two man show with to much dribbling and show boating. With Robbinsvilles win tonight and Rosman with their big man back, Murphy & Swain playing good ball it could be very interesting in the tournament

Yeah Thomas is 6’5 and can shoot it. He should have some offers.

Rville is hard to read because I thought they were the worst team I seen in years then they beat rosman and Hayesville. Tough call
Robbinsville played with more hustle than us. And he seemed everything they put up against us went in. Braves will take conference, but it will be a battle for the rest.

I’m excited. Hopefully R’ville can put up a run and finish strong. Cherokee has a big target and no one has really pushed them but things could change. I really believe that the rest of the conference is still dangerous. Every team has incredible players and if it’s their night we could see an upset.

Murphy surprised me hanging tight 45-43 at one point in the 3rd qt tonight. Braves to much in the end tho.

Cherokee just runs so many body’s at you that can score if they played faster on defense they score 100 almost every night

Cherokee just runs so many body’s at you that can score if they played faster on defense they score 100 almost every night
You guys should press. Fast kids, great hands. Come up with a lot of loose balls. Should have no problems in SMC. Unfortunately playoffs will be another story with charter schools, it's terrible 1A basketball teams don't have much of a fighting chance. I still think your team last year and year before was a lot better than this year's team, more well rounded.

We had same kids last year nobody graduated and we added day. If our new coach would let them press we would be much better I think

Reactions: TigerDen1
Justus day posterized 1 of them kids man, that was awesome!! Wish SMC could enter like 2 or 3 teams hand picked teams to play on play offs!! I hope 1 of SMC team would get in and kill a giant this year!!!

If you ever really watched the games in the past couple of years, the braves are a very offense-minded team. There defense or lack thereof could be a detriment to them in the long run the talent and ability is there but getting kids these days to believe I defense is a tough thing to do when they're watching NBA highlights on YouTube of nothing but offensive play.

They were offensive minded but the defense sped the game up and now I feel we are just playing to slow which is allowing these teams to even stay close

Reactions: TigerDen1
Cherokee has a young coach in Hogner but the talent. They are playing that Indian ball. Just quick offense and pesky defense. The players can be animated but what kids aren’t these days with what was said (YouTube) being played over and over. They are the conferences biggest threat in the playoffs.

Yeah I think they are loaded I think Cherokee second team could compete with the other teams . I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they don’t gane under 20. Day , Mintz , Santa Maria , Straughn would be any team top 2 players. No question a talent like day hasn’t been seen in a while

Murphy has shown some flashes of being a good team with a mixed line-up. They are still inconsistent and not playing up to their potential tho.
It's a team with the athletes to match up with most anybody but very few actual basketball players. The one thing that's really surprised me is the regression of Dorsey, I expected him to be one of the top players in the conference after averaging double digits as a a freshman, but instead he's massively regressed.

Not sure what lead to this (the gallbladder surgery and coaching change maybe) but 'Dogs would be a much better team had Dorsey progressed as expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT