ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Basketball

Got that right, currently ranked 23rd in SC. #5 for then being recruited by Virginia Tech and Maryland.

I saw an article that said he’s got like 14 high Division I offers. He’s been in the news some because he was going to some basketball academy in Winston that folded in a scandal, and he had to go back to Wren. Wren is no joke...they lost in the 4a Final 4 in SC last year.

Last edited:
If you can’t make it try the Ridgeline TV YouTube channel. They’ve streamed the whole tournament the past couple years.

Anybody know if the Swain tourney will be on Maroon Devil Network?
Thank you so much. I think I can make it but my grandsons are coming in from Florida late Friday so I will miss the Saturday games
Merry Christmas !!

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Thank you so much. I think I can make it but my grandsons are coming in from Florida late Friday so I will miss the Saturday games
Merry Christmas !!

Hayesville boys about to start. Look for Ridgeline TV live events channel. So far Hayesville girls and Murphy boys have lost, Murphy girls won by 5.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Hayesville boys about to start. Look for Ridgeline TV live events channel. So far Hayesville girls and Murphy boys have lost, Murphy girls won by 5.
Live feed has been lagging pretty bad. Hayesville & Polk are racking up the fouls real early. No one can match up with McTarggert but no one is putting a body on him

Live feed has been lagging pretty bad. Hayesville & Polk are racking up the fouls real early. No one can match up with McTarggert but no one is putting a body on him

I don’t know if the refs would let anybody put a body on him. Calling it very tight both ways. Ashe getting in foul trouble hurt Hayesville but still up 1 at half. McTaggart is doing pretty much whatever he wants but need some outside shots to fall. Polk is solid, with a very good wing who has signed with Tennessee Wesleyan, but Hayesville mostly doing a good job on him.

Last edited:
I don’t know if the refs would let anybody put a body on him. Calling it very tight both ways. Ashe getting in foul trouble hurt Hayesville but still up 1 at half. McTaggart is doing pretty much whatever he wants but need some outside shots to fall. Polk is solid, they have the reigning player of the year in their league, who has signed with Tennessee Wesleyan.
Wow

Today’s schedule, near as I can tell:

Girls
Murphy v. Union County (GA)
Hayesville v. Towns County (GA)
Cherokee v. Tuscola
Robbinsville vs. Rejoice Christian (OK)
Swain vs. Hiwassee Dam
Andrews vs. Brevard

Boys
Murphy vs. Walhalla (SC)
Hayesville vs. Towns Co. (GA)
Cherokee vs. Johnson Co (TN)
Robbinsville vs. North Henderson
Swain vs. Hiwassee Dam
Andrews vs. Brevard

Last edited:
Girls: Murphy 63 - Union County 39 Final

Surprised the girls looked that good without Addison but 'Dogs defense is stifling and they dominated the boards in this one.

For posterity's sake Union County was 10-1 and the #3 ranked 2A team in Georgia on Maxpreps coming in to this one. So it would've been a good win no matter what but it's a great win considering no Addison.

Last edited:
Andrews looked a little rusty against Brevard. But man they are exciting to watch. They also have a starter out resting him. They are in your face on defense
I agree. That starter who was out was averaging 19 points a game also. And most everyone on the bench got playing time which in this case let Brevard get back in the ballgame. If we had our starter who set out and played like we usually do we would have put up 80 points on them

Last edited:
Reactions: CatDad312
Boys results
Walhalla (SC), Murphy ?
Towns Co. (GA) 67, Hayesville 64
Cherokee 95, Johnson Co. (TN) 88
Andrews 53, Brevard 39
Swain 70, Hiwassee Dam 43
North Henderson over Robbinsville...last I saw was 55-23 after 3Q

Last edited:
Hayesville beat Lumpkin County GA 57-45 in boys for 3rd in Battle of the States. Hayesville girls lost to Lumpkin in 5th place game.

Swain boys beat Brevard 93-67. Hard team to figure out.

Both of Andrews games could have been worse. Resting a lot of players and playing a lot of subs. The 4 game stretch they have coming up will be tough.

Andrews looked a little rusty against Brevard. But man they are exciting to watch. They also have a starter out resting him. They are in your face on defense
Holding opponents to 39 ppg
Both of Andrews games could have been worse. Resting a lot of players and playing a lot of subs. The 4 game stretch they have coming up will be tough.
Andrews has 10 days off so I hope they have good quality practices to keep their edge. That’s a big layoff time and go back and have Cherokee & Hayesville the first two games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT