ADVERTISEMENT

SimmonsRatings Playoff Bracket Projections

Calm down thomas jefferson fan yall are number 1 seed bc a benchwarmer didnt get a physical in time. Mic burned yall on the field so they should host

This modeL is so great a #1 seed will be going on the road in the 2nd round to play a team that finished 5th in the same conference. Illiterates at the NCHSL.

Man agree with your sentiment but think your post is ironic.

NCHSL?

Reactions: ES_Cards
Calm down thomas jefferson fan yall are number 1 seed bc a benchwarmer didnt get a physical in time. Mic burned yall on the field so they should host
No dog here but that is part of what is wrong with new system. Yes I understand that reason for forfeits was a physical form on a player that has been stated did not play in games, only dressed. But facts are facts and games were forfeited.

According to the omnipotent Maxpreps MIC did finish 5th in that Southern Piedmont while TJA is listed at top. Somehow the NCHSAA seeded MIC ahead of TJA. While I do not know, nor have I seen either team, by the letter of the law looks like seeding should have taken into account standings.

OK done sticking my nose in the 1A board for a while. Sorry but you guys have a lot of fun over here.

The new system splitting the brackets up into west, midwest, ect had it's downs but it's a new trial system which we all play in. This is something you should take up for next year. The consistent complaining is pointless now. The west bracket had 3 conf champions and TJ did it to themselves losing to Cherryville. Midwest was weak this year and that's just the luck of the draw. TJ knows what is about to happen so they want to keep hammering the home field stuff. Be happy your in the playoffs and play ball. If you're really the conf champions (home or away) you shouldn't have no problem with the "5th place team" in your conf RIGHT?? Do the same thing that beat that 5th place team the first time.

Last edited:
I think the new system is awesome. Reminds me of NCAA tournament seeding to an extent. And just some interesting 1st round matchups and no conference teams playing one another. Nothing will ever be perfect but this is as good as I've seen.

Reactions: BravesGWY
Matchups are fine and not playing same old teams also good. It is the seeding that many people are having problems with. Whether are not you are at home is often huge in teams that are evenly matched.

Not saying system doesn't have its merits, just saying could be tweeked some. Also think, as I have stated, that in future teams will look to schedule weaker non conference games to better their seeding for playoffs.

Last edited:
Easiest fix would be to keep the seeding the same as it is now to avoid 1st round rematches but whichever team has best record host the games, so basically seeds meen nothing except to make matchups.

Reactions: thekidd12
Easiest fix would be to keep the seeding the same as it is now to avoid 1st round rematches but whichever team has best record host the games, so basically seeds meen nothing except to make matchups.

I agree but people don't do easiest.

Also might be multiple teams with same record hence they would use I guess the all mighty Maxpreps flawed rankings.

I agree....conference rematches were down to a null almost & should never happen in 1st round and better record should host...NCHSAA should reserve the right to make those changes without appproval of the board....plus figure out how to reduce travel so more fans will go....really don't see many from South Stanly rolling in Friday night but are welcomed as always ( come hungry; have good choices in concession stand)

Why should North Stanly host Swain when Swain came in 2nd in the conference and played a much tougher nonconference schedule? They drew the No. 4 seed in the West, so North Stanly goes to them. And I bet the game will play out Swain winning significantly.

There isnt a perfect way to do it, someone will always benefit more no matter what way u choose. And someone will always complain. I like this new way.

I agree the new system is the best we have seen in awhile and we must give credit to the state for trying.

No perfect system. It seems to be an improvement.

BUT take a look at 4AA...Mallard Creek #5 in MW must play at #4 W Hough, a conference team they beat by 20 points earlier in the year and ahead of in conference play. Weird...huh?

I think that happened though Deanna due to the lines between the MW and West. Some quirky things will always happen, but it's still pretty awesome.

No dog here but that is part of what is wrong with new system. Yes I understand that reason for forfeits was a physical form on a player that has been stated did not play in games, only dressed. But facts are facts and games were forfeited.

According to the omnipotent Maxpreps MIC did finish 5th in that Southern Piedmont while TJA is listed at top. Somehow the NCHSAA seeded MIC ahead of TJA. While I do not know, nor have I seen either team, by the letter of the law looks like seeding should have taken into account standings.

OK done sticking my nose in the 1A board for a while. Sorry but you guys have a lot of fun over here.
Absoluteley standings should be taken into account when seeding a team. a conference champion shouldn't be going on the road in the second round. It only takes a little common sense to know that. obviously the HSL HAS NONE!!

Not when they are # 5 in the conference. They were suppose to be banned from the playoffs for playing players that didn't have a change of address to be eligible to play. The HSL didn't have the nuts to go thru with it.

It may be what's best for 2a, 3a, and 4a, but the system is not best for 1a. In terms of the location of 1a teams... You have Cherryville traveling to Whiteville for a first round playoff game. This was the state championship game for baseball, but for football its a first round game. Also, and I'm not bashing anyone because it is no teams fault, but in the little 1a, you have teams with losing records hosting playoff games. I just think the 1a should have been left alone due to 64 of the 74 schools making playoffs. 1Vs16, 2vs15 and so forth. We'll see how it all plays out this week though!

A Jacketfan

In all reality the 1A teams need to be cut to 48 teams. You would cut out the very bad teams and have better games. Coaches didn't want to do this, but it's impossible to make everyone happy on this because travel is part of playing in the playoffs. I've been with my team from Tabor City to Murphy and all parts in between. Going places we have never been is a fun part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT