ADVERTISEMENT

Simmons Ratings - 2nd round

Clinton throughly beat 3 of your top 25, can anyone else say that? Yet a jaded S/S
Look at the ROI’s if nothing else . Don’t know what you’re feeding your computer with

Clinton throughly beat 3 of your top 25, can anyone else say that? Yet a jaded S/S
Look at the ROI’s if nothing else . Don’t know what you’re feeding your computer with
Monroe and Clinton have been considered the top teams in the West and East, respectively, pretty much the entire season, and Brian's computer ranking accurately reflects that, along with a clear separation between those two and Shelby at #3. The difference between Clinton and Monroe with no common opponents or even common "opponents of opponents" makes it almost a rounding error either way. I think his system stands up pretty well including the "down ballot" ratings of the top 20 or so teams, and I for one appreciate the effort he puts into it and enjoy reading it over all 4 classifications.

Just look at strength of schedule ; if there’s no comparison if opponents or opponents of opponents just don’t do that. Again I ask has anyone else in the top 20 beaten 3 teams in his top 20 and beat them soundly. Nothing just stating facts like you claim he is. The fact is there’s some personal ideas to his poll, not just a computer evaluation
I say it’s the playoffs now. Why do it at all The playoffs will speak for themselves

Just look at strength of schedule ; if there’s no comparison if opponents or opponents of opponents just don’t do that. Again I ask has anyone else in the top 20 beaten 3 teams in his top 20 and beat them soundly. Nothing just stating facts like you claim he is. The fact is there’s some personal ideas to his poll, not just a computer evaluation
I say it’s the playoffs now. Why do it at all The playoffs will speak for themselves

Monroe has 2 playoff teams in 2 higher classifications on their schedule. Clinton has played NOBODY at that level. NO ONE.

His computer rates over 400 schools; don't see why he'd tweak the whole thing just so that in week 12 Clinton is #2 instead of #1.
For weeks you were just as adamant that the NCHSAA's rpi was flawed, right up until Clinton emerged #1, and now you're asking Brian to factor it in (unless you really did mean to say "ROI").
You've got a great team over there in Clinton this year; but some computer ranking put together by a fan of h.s. sports that doesn't spit out that they're the 2nd coming of the '85 Bears doesn't mean they're being undervalued or disrespected.

Monroe beat the #19 and #69 in the state. The highest rated team that Clinton beat his #73.
Monroe's average opponent is rated 190.
Clintons average opponent is rated 233.7

This does not include the playoff games of last week. Which would only help the average of Monroe and hurt Clintons.

Reactions: Chopper747
With the (I believe) false accusations about recruiting, not sure Wiz asking Brian to look at the Dark Horses' "ROI" was a good idea.
Show facts about such accusations , people aren’t stupid. Do you actually think there are any other schools that may be playing players that transferred? We lost a starting place kicker and potential starting quarterback to two Charlotte area schools.this year. Are we complaining? More power to them You think transferring not going in either places! No you’re just a hater rambling over accusations that have no facts

Monroe beat the #19 and #69 in the state. The highest rated team that Clinton beat his #73.
Monroe's average opponent is rated 190.
Clintons average opponent is rated 233.7

This does not include the playoff games of last week. Which would only help the average of Monroe and hurt Clintons.
Clinton beat Wallace Rose Hill, Whiteville and Princeton, (they’re all 3 top 20) I’m talking about statewide 2A. They have the highest RPI in the state
Facts not hypes

Last edited:
Just the facts, the NCHSAA uses the RPI, no I don’t like it but it is what it is. Like I said Clinton defeated 3 of Simmons top 20 2A teams. And how many did Monroe defeat?
It will all work out in the. Pretty confident the Hirses will prevail. Never expected the haters to accept facts just repeat the narrative they want.

Monroe has played better teams. Porter Ridge and West Charlotte would beat Whiteville and Wallace. Not quite sure what’s to be mad about.

I'm talking about all of the state. Not just 2A. Monroe has played better teams. Facts.
Where does that reflect in the rpi? If they played better teams and even if their opponents played better teams it would reflect in the rpi. That’s the facts. That’s why the association used it. Max Prep for instance in the top 10 look how western biased their poll is
Really once the playoffs began, the polls should have stopped. The playoff are the poll

Whatever the case western bias or not the championship will be won by an eastern champ again this year. That western domination on the field of play is over

Since the conversation was about the rankings done by Simmons that is what I was referencing. You keep saying that Clinton has beaten 3 of the top 20 teams... blah blah. They are in the top 20 because you are only looking at 2A. Monroe has played better teams but it was in a different classification so I used the state wide rankings. Again, by Simmons since that is what the conversation was about.

I'm not against the RPI but it also isn't 100% accurate. It serves it's purpose for playoff seedings but doesn't necessary rank teams accurately top to bottom. No offense to Forest Hills as they do have a good team this year, but do you really think they are the 2nd best team in 2A? Do you think that Robbinsville and Tarboro (both in 1A) is better than Clinton?

The minute someone doesn't have Clinton as number 1 in any category, all hell breaks lose lol. If Clinton was to slip up and lose, I'm putting y'all on suicide watch!

Last edited:
Since the conversation was about the rankings done by Simmons that is what I was referencing. You keep saying that Clinton has beaten 3 of the top 20 teams... blah blah. They are in the top 20 because you are only looking at 2A. Monroe has played better teams but it was in a different classification so I used the state wide rankings. Again, by Simmons since that is what the conversation was about.

I'm not against the RPI but it also isn't 100% accurate. It serves it's purpose for playoff seedings but doesn't necessary rank teams accurately top to bottom. No offense to Forest Hills as they do have a good team this year, but do you really think they are the 2nd best team in 2A? Do you think that Robbinsville and Tarboro (both in 1A) is better than Clinton?
I’d hate to play Tarbiro or Ribbinsville or anyone at the TOP of their classification but I could care less about the other classification, my conversation is about 2A if someone wants to go out of their classification and play but winning is the goal top teams in higher classifications aren’t going to play down to you if you’re really good . What someone does or attempts to do outside their classification really has no bearing on my opnion
WRH lost their first 3 games of the season, one to Clinton and one to Havelock and Hoggard. They did win their conference. Championships. Their losses to Hoggard and Havelick were close games, their loss to Clinton was a blowout What does that mean? WRH is better than their record indicates just like Monroe may not be quite as good as their record indicates
I will retire from this topic in polls fir the rest of the playoffs, as I posted earlier the playoff are the poll now

Show facts about such accusations , people aren’t stupid. Do you actually think there are any other schools that may be playing players that transferred? We lost a starting place kicker and potential starting quarterback to two Charlotte area schools.this year. Are we complaining? More power to them You think transferring not going in either places! No you’re just a hater rambling over accusations that have no facts
Wiz, I clearly said that I believe the recruiting accusations are false; don't know why you decided to argue that point with me.
I was off the boards for a number of years, but prior to that you were pretty much the most respected voice of eastern football (in particular "smash mouth eastern football"), with Cavalier Dave holding that spot for the west. Folks would ask your opinion on upcoming games, best teams and players you've seen over the years, even the best places to eat when traveling to a road game. It was even a badge of honor to get to meet "The Wiz" under the goalposts before or after a game. Flash forward to my more recent return to the boards, and the "old" Wiz that I used to enjoy hearing from now bristles at every perceived slight towards Clinton football, including guys like myself who have been adamant defenders of the Dark Horses against recruiting charges. Seems that every poll, ranking, schedule, playoff format, conference alignment, etc. from Murphy to Manteo was designed to hurt the Dark Horses. For whatever reason you've chosen to go in the direction of being constantly on the defensive, as opposed to what I found to be a good source of discussion and information and even a sense of humor about a bunch of us "olds" arguing over h.s. football, , it's clear you and I aren't "clicking" like we did some years ago on this board. So think I'll just leave it there; good luck to the Horses the rest of the way.

Wiz, I clearly said that I believe the recruiting accusations are false; don't know why you decided to argue that point with me.
I was off the boards for a number of years, but prior to that you were pretty much the most respected voice of eastern football (in particular "smash mouth eastern football"), with Cavalier Dave holding that spot for the west. Folks would ask your opinion on upcoming games, best teams and players you've seen over the years, even the best places to eat when traveling to a road game. It was even a badge of honor to get to meet "The Wiz" under the goalposts before or after a game. Flash forward to my more recent return to the boards, and the "old" Wiz that I used to enjoy hearing from now bristles at every perceived slight towards Clinton football, including guys like myself who have been adamant defenders of the Dark Horses against recruiting charges. Seems that every poll, ranking, schedule, playoff format, conference alignment, etc. from Murphy to Manteo was designed to hurt the Dark Horses. For whatever reason you've chosen to go in the direction of being constantly on the defensive, as opposed to what I found to be a good source of discussion and information and even a sense of humor about a bunch of us "olds" arguing over h.s. football, , it's clear you and I aren't "clicking" like we did some years ago on this board. So think I'll just leave it there; good luck to the Horses the rest of the way.
Guy, I didn’t bring up recruiting, allegations, etc, you did .. I know the truth, myth said enough times permeated to perceived truth. Yes remember the days with Cavilerr Dave(still Facebook friends with him) and the Reidsville crowd (one if their sons is our assistant coach) I’m the same Wiz, it just the team I support is on top right now and that’s not real popular with. Some folks have ruled the roost so to speak. Also I know I’m biased, but I see some bias in some things that shouldn't be. The world. we live in today is not the world we lived in 20 years ago so I’m sure I’ve changed some, a little more grumpy now in my real old age but I would welcome you and anyone else to Clinton and DarkHirse stadium. Just come by to see me

Last edited:
The minute someone doesn't have Clinton as number 1 in any category, all hell breaks lose lol. If Clinton was to slip up and lose, I'm putting y'all on suicide watch!
Replace “y’all” with “him” he is the only one that freaks out over this stuff. Polls and rankings mean absolutely nothing especially this time of year.

• Haha
Reactions: Strick68 and SWE'98
He doesn’t get enough pleasure out of talking 💩 to posters that support other teams, he’s now turned on his own. 😂😂

Good thing about all of this is that he’s just a keyboard warrior. He wouldn’t have all that mouth in person.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
He doesn’t get enough pleasure out of talking 💩 to posters that support other teams, he’s now turned on his own. 😂😂

Good thing about all of this is that he’s just a keyboard warrior. He wouldn’t have all that mouth in person.
come see me anytime, we'll talk about that. And the person you're referring to above is not has not and will never be one of my own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT