ADVERTISEMENT

Should high school football have replay?

No! Unless it was part of every game, I’d be against it. It’s hard enough getting refs for the games. Now your talking about at least one camera and operator plus someone to initiate the call. That’s going to turn into major dollars for each school. Some schools struggle with uniforms and equipment, no way they could afford all those extra expenditures . Bad idea in my opinion.

As long as it's economically feasible I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Hell no, they’ve ruined the college game by miscroscoping every play and they still don’t get it right sometimes. It just adds another level on contriversary to the game and drags it out forever and ever. Officials are going to make mistakes and I’ll criticize them for it but I have no problem with their ruling on the field. The game went for over a 100 years without it and interest did not diminish, yet in the other hand we at ever level still use chain gangs

Last edited:
In our 7 road games this year, only 2 schools had a working play clock. If they can’t get that fixed, no way they can introduce replay as a statewide initiative.
A lot of times the referee tells them to turn them off. They have the power to do that. We had them tell us to do it at a couple of our home games. They say it's one less thing for them to have to worry about.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Yes,

In the state championship. I have witnessed several games over the years that have been changed by missed or bad calls. Jack Holley was robbed v Thomasville in 2004 when a player was down and refs allowed a strip to turn into a touchdown.

Yes,

In the state championship. I have witnessed several games over the years that have been changed by missed or bad calls. Jack Holley was robbed v Thomasville in 2004 when a player was down and refs allowed a strip to turn into a touchdown.
The out of bounds call in the first quarter really hurt us today as well.

We've been robbed of a championship against Thomasville that a replay would have over turned but I don't like it in championships games. Would be different if all games had replay and that's not possible
I think that replay at a venue that is totally equipped for it would be the best thing. These kids in a championship are in a once and a lifetime situation. They should be afforded the closure of not having the whatif premise. Fact is that refs get caught in the moment and get it wrong and will refuse to change or wave calls to save face. Now I n s championship game the honest broker is the replay.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
What if you got INTO the Championship Game due to a bad or missed call?
That is tough, but the high schools are not equipped for replay and it would be a huge financial undertaking to equip them all. The college venues are already set up and therefore the championship s could do it easily. Heck for that Matter, the k could probably have the Regional contest at a college venue. Other colleges, besides NCSU and UNC could host early brounds. ECU ( who hosted one in 2004), WCU, FSU, NCCU, NCA&T, APP ST., UNCP, WSSU, UNCC, UNC Asheville, UNCG, etc... Notice all of these are public colleges. In the early rounds you would have to count on the refs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT