ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby versus South Carolina playoffs

2nd To None

Nov 23, 2021
We thought this was an interesting comparison.

Back on September 10 of this season, 2A Shelby played 4A power South Pointe out of Rock Hill, SC.
After giving up the lead to SP in the first half, the Golden Lions roared back in the second half to cut the lead to 7 points and had the ball with 2 minutes remaining, before turning it over on downs.
SP, in garbage time, scored another touchdown to make the final score 51-37.

Rock Hill South Pointe will play Beaufort, SC this week in the South Carolina 4A Championship Game.

Earlier this season, RH South Pointe defeated 5A power Rock Hill Northwestern 40-35.
RH Northwestern two weeks ago took 5A power Gaffney to overtime before losing 16-13 in the third round of the SC playoffs.

Gaffney will play Dutch Fork this week in the South Carolina 5A Championship Game.

It appears Big Shelby might hold its own against the biggest and the best South Carolina has to offer

Back on September 10 of this season, 2A Shelby played 4A power South Pointe out of Rock Hill, SC.
After giving up the lead to SP in the first half, the Golden Lions roared back in the second half to cut the lead to 7 points and had the ball with 2 minutes remaining, before turning it over on downs.

Rock Hill South Pointe will play Beaufort, SC this week in the South Carolina 4A Championship Game.

Earlier this season, RH South Pointe defeated 5A power Rock Hill Northwestern 40-35.
RH Northwestern two weeks ago took 5A power Gaffney to overtime before losing 16-13 in the third round of the SC playoffs.

Gaffney will play Dutch Fork this week in the South Carolina 5A Championship Game.

It appears Big Shelby might hold its own against the biggest and the best South Carolina has to offer
Who is we? What is the response when DF drops 50 plus on Gaffney this weekend?

51/37 sounds like blowout to me .Shelby is king in N/C .But stay in your lane.

Reactions: dogs79
Down 44-37 with two minutes to play and you have the ball?
A blowout?
Where do you play, Officer?
Anyone that watched that game at all know they let foot off the gas at 37-7 or whatever it was at that point. As soon as they needed to score they went straight down the field and did so. The Qb looks like he is shorts and a tee shirt vs the lions defense. Any unbiased fan would know they were outplayed big time. We did that against west Rowan some years ago and lost 35-6 and people said it was close . Yea it was. When it was 3-0 lol

South Pointe is playing in the State 4A title game tonight up 41-0 in the 4th. Losing 51-37 is nothing to be embarrassed about against this dominant big School.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Phoenix
Anyone that watched that game at all know they let foot off the gas at 37-7 or whatever it was at that point. As soon as they needed to score they went straight down the field and did so. The Qb looks like he is shorts and a tee shirt vs the lions defense. Any unbiased fan would know they were outplayed big time. We did that against west Rowan some years ago and lost 35-6 and people said it was close . Yea it was. When it was 3-0 lol

invite you to watch it again.
Especially after their blowout title win tonight.
Their starters were in the whole game against Shelby. And we scared the heck out of them.
Watch their body language change in the 4th quarter

Last edited:

Their starters were in the whole game against Shelby. And we scared the heck out of them.
Somebody come get ur boy he's up in 4A beating his chest over a Loss vs SPHS....he needs a designated driver to come bring him back. 2A uber needed

Shelby would dominate 3a including Dudley. Shelby would also be top 5 if the Lions were 4a.

Your fans behave like Thomas Jefferson, when it's time for rubber to meet the road your string pullers play chicken. TJ said they could hang with Shelby then got mad and scared when they had to be in the same conference.

Petition to play up to 3A like Hunter Huss. If Huss was in tact they would have made the west bracket over kill.

You and Burns(petitioned to play down) were to chicken to play 3A so you opted to try and bully the bug league.

Says the vagabond.😁
If ya'll lose tonight you know I'll have alot to say....

clap-excited.gif

Reactions: UNC91

What..... they took out all their stars up by 30 lol are you drunk cowboy? My guy the game wasn't even close lol Shelby won't even win the 2a title this year lol.

Wrh will embarrass them in the title game. But keep bragging bout a L

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Shelby would dominate 3a including Dudley. Shelby would also be top 5 if the Lions were 4a.

Wtf????? Shelby won't even win the title this year???? Wrh will curb stomp Shelby promise that clown leo

Yea they scored 14 in the 4th and put it away. Same as Reidsville doing it to Hendersonville. Gave up massive lead almost but woke up when needed to put a good team away

They would crush you. Don't compare a September game with a lot of substitutions to a December game with SC 4A and 5A power schools very limited substitutions. Hear this same lunacy from some Shelby fans every year about this time.

Reactions: Chopper747
I agree with this.

Anyone who follows NC high school football knows that Shelby is one of the best programs in the state (if not the best). This year's team would win the 3A title and very well could win the 4A title.

As I've said before, I'd like to see Shelby play more SC teams and perhaps even a GA team every now and then.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
We hear this crap year in and year out. Shelby has the opportunity to play Chambers, Hough, Butler, East Forsyth, Dudley, Charlotte Catholic, Cardinal Gibbons, etc... every year and they don't... The narrative gets old.

You can request to play up can't you? Shelby should do it so we can finally put this garbage argument to rest.

Reactions: Chopper747
We hear this crap year in and year out. Shelby has the opportunity to play Chambers, Hough, Butler, East Forsyth, Dudley, Charlotte Catholic, Cardinal Gibbons, etc... every year and they don't... The narrative gets old.

You can request to play up can't you? Shelby should do it so we can finally put this garbage argument to rest.
Yea I would think even the best 2a teams wouldn’t win it all in 4a. Any year. That includes my rams. 4a is too much size and depth and talent. Maybe win a couple playoff games but that’s about as far as it goes.

You can't play up unless your with in so many kids on adm, If that is true Shelby on lower side of 2a 828

You can't play up unless your with in so many kids on adm, If that is true Shelby on lower side of 2a 828
828 is low side? I’d say that’s high lol Reidsville around 720 and some are in the 500s . Idk how they make all this stuff up. 1 state champion for all divisions is what id want to see but most likely the 4a would still be at the top . So they figure let’s give smaller schools a chance to win something

828 is low side? I’d say that’s high lol Reidsville around 720 and some are in the 500s . Idk how they make all this stuff up. 1 state champion for all divisions is what id want to see but most likely the 4a would still be at the top . So they figure let’s give smaller schools a chance to win something
Because you don't understand how the NCHSAA reconfigured EVERYTHING this year. Before the 1A and 4A were 20% each of the smallest and largest, while 2A and 3A were 30%. With the realignment, all classes each have 25%.

They also changed the configuration for placement. It was not simply the number of students that are in a school, but other numbers such as school cup values, and the number of students receiving federal assistance (ex free or reduced lunch) -the cup values and ISP numbers are a 3 year average. Therefore, Charlotte Catholic had under 1200 students, high Cup values and received no federal aid . However, they ended up in 4A classification. Dudley had 1500 students, average cup numbers and average federal aid and was classified as 3A. South Point had 998 student, moderate cup values and low federal dollars = 3A; Shelby has 827, above moderate cup values, and slightly below average federal aid. and was assigned to Class 2.

This statement must be coming from someone who hasn’t seen Dudley play this year. Would Shelby play Dudley closer than South Point did tonight? I have no doubt, they would. Would Shelby beat this years Dudley team? I have no reason to believe they could.
I was at the South Pointe Vs Shelby game. I’m not sure South Pointe would beat Dudley. I’m very sure Shelby would not. The only weakness I saw from Dudley was their ability to convert PAT’s. Tonight that didn’t matter. It didn’t matter at all.

This statement must be coming from someone who hasn’t seen Dudley play this year. Would Shelby play Dudley closer than South Point did tonight? I have no doubt, they would. Would Shelby beat this years Dudley team? I have no reason to believe they could.
I was at the South Pointe Vs Shelby game. I’m not sure South Pointe would beat Dudley. I’m very sure Shelby would not. The only weakness I saw from Dudley was their ability to convert PAT’s. Tonight that didn’t matter. It didn’t matter at all.
That dope got you gone

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT