ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby @ Kings Mtn.....34-20 final

KM2ASU

May 21, 2007
Sooner or later this thread would be started. I figured I would be the one to put my two cents in, and then let it go from there.

I believe this will be the 95th game between the two schools. That speaks for itself. How many schools have played each other that many times in this state. Shelby holds a decisive advantage in the series (69-18-7)....I know I will be corrected if I'm wrong. Some will have you believe that all those 69 wins were 49-0 wins....not so. There have been many close games through the years where KM came up short. That's what makes this game special. Shelby is the measuring stick, especially in this County, and when you get the win against them, it's a special year. I don't think there's any question that KM has to play closer to perfect than Shelby does, and that's usually the case in these games.

No offense to Burns or Crest, bottom line....Most years, not always, but most years 4th place in Cleveland County is still as good or better than 2nd or 3rd in other conferences.

Expecting a huge crowd Friday night. The weather will be perfect.

Nice post Km and should be a great game this Friday night.Shelby will have to play better than this past Friday where they seemed a little out of sync.Injuries are also really starting to add up for the Lions with another starter lost Friday night.As for the weather some forecasts are looking good and some saying showers.

No offense to Burns or Crest, bottom line....Most years, not always, but most years 4th place in Cleveland County is still as good or better than 2nd or 3rd in other conferences..

Gotta agree with KM, especially this year. 4th place in Cleveland County might just win our conference this year. Juggernauts we appear not to be.

Reactions: KM2ASU
I believe this will be the 95th game between the two schools. That speaks for itself. How many schools have played each other that many times in this state.

This is the longest running rivalry in the state. Concord/Kannapolis try to claim it because of 1943. We have been playing each other every year since 1926 with the exception of 1943. The rumor is you guys didn't field a team that year because of so many students going into the draft for WW2. If that is correct then that year receives a pass and this is the longest running rivalry in the state. KM2ASU maybe you can find out about 1943 on your end.

This is the longest running rivalry in the state. Concord/Kannapolis try to claim it because of 1943. We have been playing each other every year since 1926 with the exception of 1943. The rumor is you guys didn't field a team that year because of so many students going into the draft for WW2. If that is correct then that year receives a pass and this is the longest running rivalry in the state. KM2ASU maybe you can find out about 1943 on your end.

Gary Stewart has been covering KM Sports for 50 yrs at the Herald, and that's the explanation we have always heard. I think we played once in 1923 or 24 and that result was so bad in our first year, we must have decided to re-group. I think there has been about a half dozen or so times where we met for a second time in the play-offs.

We are hoping to have one of those Big Cleveland County crowds Friday night....

Reactions: '98 State Champion
Well this is one I have been waiting on since I saw KM practice over the summer. Hopefully KM can get that offense clicking early and put some points up. I think the key to this game and KM keeping it close lies in their running game. If 28 can get some strong runs going and make the Lions miss some tackles instead of trying to run through them, it should set up the pass. They seem to have had some problems getting everyone in sync last week, but Burns seems to always plays them tough. Also they will have to match up with those speedy Shelby receivers and make them pay with every tackle. KM is a strong athletic team that plays aggressive and their D hits hard, hopefully that will cause a turnover or 2.

Can't wait for this game and I hope KM comes prepared to play a complete game with little errors. I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong, but KM still has more work to do and I think Shelby gets them this game. Good luck to both teams.

Really looking forward to this game. Shelby offense looks unstoppable. KM should get some points but hard to think they can keep up with Shelby scoring. I hope its a good game that comes down to the 4th quarter to decide it.

Hopefully, KM wipes their arses with Shelby. Thug U lost my respect!

I ran in to a local coach the other day who said top to bottom the smac could be the best conference in nc. Anyway, it's always nice to see an upset but team speed may overwhelm km. However ..... I think it may be a lot closer than some think. I did not realize this rivalry had so much history .

I believe you to be good people, but I've noticed a pattern w/ you. Everytime there is a team that kicks South Point's ass, a team predominantly of brothas, you reference that team as thugs afterwards. A couple of seasons ago, it was Statesville, a couple of years before that, West Rowan.

Our players were chippy that night, no doubt, but who could blame them, when some of your players thought they were in Mortal Kombat, doing Kung Fu and trying to behead our players as if they were Liu Kang and Sub-Zero. We had a player to get his helmet ripped off, and the Liu Kang bicycle kick was caught on video. What's up with that, hoss? You're still the homie though, Seadog. Word!!!

Reactions: '98 State Champion
I believe you to be good people, but I've noticed a pattern w/ you. Everytime there is a team that kicks South Point's ass, a team predominantly of brothas, you reference that team as thugs afterwards. A couple of seasons ago, it was Statesville, a couple of years before that, West Rowan.

Our players were chippy that night, no doubt, but who could blame them, when some of your players thought they were in Mortal Kombat, doing Kung Fu and trying to behead our players as if they were Liu Kang and Sub-Zero. We had a player to get his helmet ripped off, and the Liu Kang bicycle kick was caught on video. What's up with that, hoss? You're still the homie though, Seadog. Word!!!
Seadog didn't shut up from March till the Crest game, and now all the sudden he pulled a Footsoldier, and disappears for a month or two, and now calls us THUG U?????

Ah well... Its ok, Seadog is good people, but a bit butthurt.... I can understand it.. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
THEM BIG BOYS FROM CREST WANT PUT WITH THAT STUFF LIKE THAT.
I knew it I knew it .....deny all you want tommy but you are a huge crust fan. You just can't hide it anymore.... Change your screen name to crustdog.

I knew it I knew it .....deny all you want tommy but you are a huge crust fan. You just can't hide it anymore.... Change your screen name to crustdog.

I knew it. I looked at Rulz and Coondog side by side at the SP vs Crest game and those eyes were the same. Coondog is the illegitimate son of the biggest Crest bloodline. Coondog you need a Ancestry.com account.

@Tarheel Warrior Lol... East Gaston has South Point this week. It's bad enough that East Gaston won't be able to literally pull up their cleats to guard their shins, but what they can do is strapped their helmets on tighter and watch out for kicks.

@Lion Attack Thank you for the heads up. I will be paying close attention and watching for kicks. I hope the referees see it. However, much like Shelby, we will be fighting the resistance from the Lineberger refs. Funny how that works out.

Boy aint that the truth...... Better hope yall don't gain a positive yard, if so, PENALTY.... One series we had to score on three different plays just to make one count.. ...

Reactions: Lion Attack
Boy aint that the truth...... Better hope yall don't gain a positive yard, if so, PENALTY.... One series we had to score on three different plays just to make one count.. ...
When we scored that 3rd touchdown on that drive the line judge had his hand on his flag and the referee looked at him and shook his head no.

Just kidding I have no clue . Heck these weather geeks may miss and it clear out by the time Shelby lion finishes his lunchtime Arby's roast beef

Reactions: coondog8585
This thread is about as gay as a Bruce Jenner and Michael Sam convention. The constant "Well uh, it should be a good un" is nothing but a joke. Be honest, Shelby fans have been down this road. KM comes in on a streak bigger than the one in Coondogs Goatee from the constant Charger ass kissing and Shelby beats the hell out of them. This game will come down to the team that does not act like idiots.The Shelby team that played SP will lose to KM and the KM team that came to Burns will lose to Shelby. If both of those sub par teams come in then we will have one big pile of suckass. I would say that Shelby's best game is better than KM by a small margin. Both teams can explode at any time but this one can be hard to pick. It depends of who shows up. I will be in attendance. Yes, I refuse to travel north of the Cleveland County line. When I get to Casar I turn around. With the inbred view I see north of the Mariah School area is an indication of Burke County then I am not having any part of it. The 70's were wild and I probably owe child support somewhere. If any of you would like to meet up I will be wearing a shirt that says "Ware rhymes with Ware". Come find me.

This thread is about as gay as a Bruce Jenner and Michael Sam convention. The constant "Well uh, it should be a good un" is nothing but a joke. Be honest, Shelby fans have been down this road. KM comes in on a streak bigger than the one in Coondogs Goatee from the constant Charger ass kissing and Shelby beats the hell out of them. This game will come down to the team that does not act like idiots.The Shelby team that played SP will lose to KM and the KM team that came to Burns will lose to Shelby. If both of those sub par teams come in then we will have one big pile of suckass. I would say that Shelby's best game is better than KM by a small margin. Both teams can explode at any time but this one can be hard to pick. It depends of who shows up. I will be in attendance. Yes, I refuse to travel north of the Cleveland County line. When I get to Casar I turn around. With the inbred view I see north of the Mariah School area is an indication of Burke County then I am not having any part of it. The 70's were wild and I probably owe child support somewhere. If any of you would like to meet up I will be wearing a shirt that says "Ware rhymes with Ware". Come find me.

YAWN! Spoken like a bomb dropper who is out of business. Before you call me gay (your personal dilema), be proud in rainbow colors. I won't judge. Good luck to Burns High School. They keep fighting against the odds.

Reactions: coondog8585
YAWN! Spoken like a bomb dropper who is out of business. Before you call me gay (your personal dilema), be proud in rainbow colors. I won't judge. Good luck to Burns High School. They keep fighting against the odds.
Thanks seadog. It has been a season of just bad luck so far. These boys can still pull together and make something special happen that they can remember for the rest of their lives.

Reactions: seadog28

You have gotten soft. I used to look up to you as a great poster. I now realize that SP falling off has taken it's toll on you. Your now all about the other big red in Catholic. Your post are now full of logic and reasoning. It's something most would see sitting around a campfire at the local troop 619 git together. You say good luck even against all odds but gave us no chance in hell to compete with the likes of KM. Does your depends have a sleeve at the bottom for the tampon insertion? Do you bake cupcakes? Does your house smell of prune juice? Times have truly changed on here.Carry on my wayward son. There will be peace when you are done.

You have gotten soft. I used to look up to you as a great poster. I now realize that SP falling off has taken it's toll on you. Your now all about the other big red in Catholic. Your post are now full of logic and reasoning. It's something most would see sitting around a campfire at the local troop 619 git together. You say good luck even against all odds but gave us no chance in hell to compete with the likes of KM. Does your depends have a sleeve at the bottom for the tampon insertion? Do you bake cupcakes? Does your house smell of prune juice? Times have truly changed on here.Carry on my wayward son. There will be peace when you are done.
I love Kansas. That's funny stuff. Seadog you gotta tighten it up. This guys good.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Who the hell is Kansas? Those were words of wisdom my devilish friend. My wife listens to me speak constantly. She is inspired and now she is buying the stairway to heaven. I try to hide but I keep getting caught. The jig is up, the news is out and they finally found me. Generals gathered in their masseeeeesssssss.....................Duh Duh

"git" ....now that is the word of the a true Upper Cleveland resident. We are a special group. Good Work DBD.

At the beginning of the week I swore the 5 day forecast said no rain, but when I woke up this morning the sun was gone, so I just turned on some music to start my day. I kind of got lost in an old familiar song, so I just closed my eyes and I slipped away....I love a good mid morning nap on a Rainey day.....it's just more than a feeling.

When we scored that 3rd touchdown on that drive the line judge had his hand on his flag and the referee looked at him and shook his head no.

Dam conspiracy!

Playing by the rules really sucks. Is that what we are hearing??????? You Lion fans shouldn't put your whimpering excuses into the heads of the Warriors. They got enough to worry about without thinking the officials won't treat them fairly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT