ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby 29 AC Reynolds 8

Malik was off the mark last night, he had a few throws he'd like back, but once he finds his rhythm, and develops chemistry w/ his receivers, look out. We rotate a lot of receivers, literally like 8 of them, chemistry is an issue, and Malik just has to settle down back there, and be more accurate throwing the football, particularly on shorter routes. I see the little subliminals coming from Beavis and Butthead, no need for that, say it with your chest, but trust me, the Shelby quarterback is still going to have a big year through the air. He's a humble young man, and a hard worker. He won't settle for less, but at end of the day, in the words of Al Davis, "Just win, baby".

I was referring to the receivers Fred. The inexperience is noticeable. No need to get the panties in a bunch. The QB portion of your offense is already proven and a non issue. I understand where you're coming from so I'm clarifying. :cool:

Want be this year, ee got enough to run to it again, maybe next but not this yr, just need adjustinments

I'll predict it now...

Freedom makes at least the 3rd round in 3A

Reynolds makes the Western finals...maybe even goes to the ship.

Now, as a small 2A school, put those two wins in perspective.

Freedom albeit Draughn put up 41 points last night.
Reynolds put up 50+ the week before.
Neither scored on us.

Awesome defensive stand inside the 20 last night!

Which ship is Reynolds going to? Carnival Cruise? In 3AA? You expecting Dudley to go east?
Maybe I missed something and they're small 3A this season, if so then I'm wrong.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Sounds like, from supper club, to talking to coaches etc. There trying to find right rhythm right now, we are 2-3 player deep in every position so finding key players and ones who want it more have been work in progress.
LA, right improve each week, and establish rhythm each game.
Still alot of dropped balls at times, i did like the rhythm Surratt and Tucker Greene had in 2nd half

Good to hear that Greene is making an impact at Shelby...he works hard and gives everything he's got on the field. Funny to see that Shelby has to get a player from little ol' 1A Thomas Jefferson to help complete their team...kind of makes us proud! I believe the Lions are well on their way to another state championship!

Funny, last i heard he wanted to be at shelby, and ive talked with is dad.
And he has been on a rotation at rec. But could be a starter before long..
And if we win another championship, he will have helped,
And will have that ring on his finger
Thats what its all about....
Good luck to TJ this year

Good to hear that Greene is making an impact at Shelby...he works hard and gives everything he's got on the field. Funny to see that Shelby has to get a player from little ol' 1A Thomas Jefferson to help complete their team...kind of makes us proud! I believe the Lions are well on their way to another state championship!
The young man transferred for the exposure in hopes of landing an offer. His teammates ripped him for it on social media, saying he only transferred for an offer. I saw the little spat. Funny thing is, the ring leader in the spat transferred to TJ to reclassify a couple of years ago. Can't knock Greene for that move, though. Dax and Justin Foster, who graduated Crest last season, has brought a lot of college attention to Cleveland County. Greene didn't even start in the preseason and the first game, but I suspect he will now, a testament to his work ethic. You can tell he wants it badly.

Last edited:
I was referring to the receivers Fred. The inexperience is noticeable. No need to get the panties in a bunch. The QB portion of your offense is already proven and a non issue. I understand where you're coming from so I'm clarifying. :cool:
It's all good. I've always wanted posters comfortable to say whatever. My man, Crestuff, being a good dude, and the proud parent that he is, Crest supporter, addressed me on here once after a Shelby vs Crest middle school game, giving my boy props, exposing ole Fred, but heck, there's been times you could catch me in the stands leading the boo birds when times got tough. Tough position to play on any level.

Last edited:
my point is that SHELBY has had quiet a run the last several years but at some point the worm will turn just ask the CREST folks.

Hmmm...ours hasn't turned in 60 years...I don't see it happening any time soon. Have a few sophomores even a freshman getting a lot of pt or even starting this year....we're gonna be fine for a while!

Reactions: HitmanT
Funny, last i heard he wanted to be at shelby, and ive talked with is dad.
And he has been on a rotation at rec. But could be a starter before long..
And if we win another championship, he will have helped,
And will have that ring on his finger
Thats what its all about....
Good luck to TJ this year

Wow! You Shelby posters have NO CLASS! All I did was post a few positive comments that we were proud to have a former TJ player contributing to the Shelby program and you start throwing dirt at our players and program. Such a shame.

Unfortunately, your last line..."that's what it's all about" is exactly what is wrong with our society today and holds back kids from reaching their full potential. TJ may never win a state championship in football but being ranked one of the top 5 public schools in North Carolina https://www.usnews.com/education/be...-academy/thomas-jefferson-class-academy-14252 (#1 public school west of Greensboro) and still having a top 20 ranked 1A high school football program (despite being one of the smallest 1A programs in the state), "that's what it's all about"!

Your right, but if you don't wanna belive it that way everywhere, then im sorry my friend.your in denial.
Bad thing is its all about winning everywhere, even at TJ.
We alumni still push these kids to focus on school grades.
But if u dont think most look for schools to get better gain, your crazy.
When your trying to excell in sports, would u wanna go to GWebb if u can attend Alabama
Sad but true

Your right, but if you don't wanna belive it that way everywhere, then im sorry my friend.your in denial.
Bad thing is its all about winning everywhere, even at TJ.
We alumni still push these kids to focus on school grades.
But if u dont think most look for schools to get better gain, your crazy.
When your trying to excell in sports, would u wanna go to GWebb if u can attend Alabama
Sad but true
Does anyone else think it is ironic this post includes the phrase "focus on school grades"?

You're right, let's stay focused on football!!

Sorry SL...

Could not let this opportunity go by.

Wow! You Shelby posters have NO CLASS! All I did was post a few positive comments that we were proud to have a former TJ player contributing to the Shelby program and you start throwing dirt at our players and program. Such a shame.

Unfortunately, your last line..."that's what it's all about" is exactly what is wrong with our society today and holds back kids from reaching their full potential. TJ may never win a state championship in football but being ranked one of the top 5 public schools in North Carolina https://www.usnews.com/education/be...-academy/thomas-jefferson-class-academy-14252 (#1 public school west of Greensboro) and still having a top 20 ranked 1A high school football program (despite being one of the smallest 1A programs in the state), "that's what it's all about"!

Man....do you wear your feelings on your shoulder? I have read and reread sf1's post and still have yet to see where he threw dirt on your players or program.

Find one football team where the kids don't want to win a state championship and I'd ask them....then why do you play? Yes, that is what it is all about on the football field.

The classroom is different. Shelby is a fantastic school and has put out multiple Morehead and Park's scholars over the years. Doctors dentists, architects, engineers, CEOs....all have come out of Shelby High School.

Oh yeah, and we have the best football program in the history of NC high school football.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Man....do you wear your feelings on your shoulder? I have read and reread sf1's post and still have yet to see where he threw dirt on your players or program.

Find one football team where the kids don't want to win a state championship and I'd ask them....then why do you play? Yes, that is what it is all about on the football field.

The classroom is different. Shelby is a fantastic school and has put out multiple Morehead and Park's scholars over the years. Doctors dentists, architects, engineers, CEOs....all have come out of Shelby High School.

Oh yeah, and we have the best football program in the history of NC high school football.

I agree, it is always a humbling experience to compete against such a power house. The future dentists drill you. The future Doctors aggressively check your prostate. The future Astronauts glide as if in zero gravity. The future lawyers attack like sharks.

Shelby High School, the Harvard of the South!

Thanks for the laugh, 72!! Bwahahaha! !!

Seadog I believe I saw you the news this weekend. Where you at the pride parade in Charlotte?

Seadog I believe I saw you the news this weekend. Where you at the pride parade in Charlotte?

Yep, I was guest speaker at the lion club rally! My topic was, "how to become a man without expensive surgery!" It was well received and I got a standing MEOW!

Reactions: SHS LION
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT