ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages

I heard tha same thing about swain, and that was comin from a swain fan!! I heard our line looked good a couple times then looked right back to bein young!! We got a couple out till like week 4 and 5 I think!!

The down and out Warriors had a decent scrimmage from what I heard. Scored on #10 2A team in the state 5 out of 6 possessions.

Local paper had stats from our scrimmage.

Anderson 124 yds 3 TDs 18yds per carry

Hooper 192yds 2 TDs 39yds per carry

Knights had 358yds and 34 points

Andrews and Hayesville combined for 14 points

Reactions: Gentle Knight

Not sure how much those stats really mean in a scrimmage. No idea who's in or out on defense or who is just playing out of position.

Not even remotely close to being factual! No one keeps stats from a scrimmage! I have the film never saw anything close to those stats but I will rewatch for the 50th time. If you want to talk about stats Hayesville scored twice on Robbinsville and Robbinsville only scored once on them so I guess they won! Hahaha

I have to give you credit BK, year in and year out, you never fail to provide humour for us.

Not even remotely close to being factual! No one keeps stats from a scrimmage! I have the film never saw anything close to those stats but I will rewatch for the 50th time. If you want to talk about stats Hayesville scored twice on Robbinsville and Robbinsville only scored once on them so I guess they won! Hahaha
Don't mean to butt in but BK is telling the truth.It is in the local paper. And you must be watching a different film and you sure haven't watched it 50 times. Anderson's first play from scrimmage went 80 yds against Hayesville. Hooper had 2 touchdowns of 70+ yds

I was there, and can confirm that Anderson did in fact have three TDs. Robbinsville did look to be just a little sharper than us or Hayesville. However, there wasn't any large discrepancy there. I can't speak for Hayesville except to say they rely on McTaggart kid way too much. For us, we could pretty much gain yards every play out of the inside and midline veer against the knights, but chose to work on passing game more than the run. The Cats aren't deep, so when there is a large substitution they drop off significantly. The starting lineup ups for both teams looked pretty even to me. We have a lot to learn, with the inexperience and youth we have, especially in areas like passing and pass protection. Like my observations about the Cats, I have two observations of the knights: The defensive line was the weakest of the three teams, and could be a sore spot if not corrected. The second is that if a team stops Anderson, they will stop Robbinsville. Hooper is talented, but he's not a team beater yet. Like some said, a scrimmage or 7v7 is not necessarily a good indicator of what is to come for the season. I thought all things considered the knights and jackets looked good, and have a ton of potential
Agree with alot of this except the part about Hooper. He is a team beater. Remember what Anderson done in his sophomore year? Hooper can be just as good in his sophomore year also. This post will be saved for viewing later and I will go out on a limb and say when Robbinsville plays both Andrews and Hayesville in the regular season,the games will be nowhere near close. Robbinsville wins both games by at least 3 scores. If not much much more. History is on my side and this is the most skill players and speed Robbinsville has had in years. Our line will come around. Coach will see to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
I just posted the stats from the paper. Fact check if you want to. Hoopers average 30 ypc not 39 like I posted. Nine and zero side by side. Lol.

every play basically started from that teams 30. there was no clock and hayesville subbed its 1`s and 2`s the hole time not saying that robbinsville doesnt have two nice running backs but that scrimmage wasn't even close to a real game situation.

Don't mean to butt in but BK is telling the truth.It is in the local paper. And you must be watching a different film and you sure haven't watched it 50 times. Anderson's first play from scrimmage went 80 yds against Hayesville. Hooper had 2 touchdowns of 70+ yds
The 50 times was meant as sarcasm, I will type slower so you can get it! The real game scenario started on the 40 so on a 100 yard field that would be a 60 yard touchdown! They are very talented running backs but my point was none of the teams took down stats so how would the paper know!

Reactions: smcdom123
I was there, and can confirm that Anderson did in fact have three TDs. Robbinsville did look to be just a little sharper than us or Hayesville. However, there wasn't any large discrepancy there. I can't speak for Hayesville except to say they rely on McTaggart kid way too much. For us, we could pretty much gain yards every play out of the inside and midline veer against the knights, but chose to work on passing game more than the run. The Cats aren't deep, so when there is a large substitution they drop off significantly. The starting lineup ups for both teams looked pretty even to me. We have a lot to learn, with the inexperience and youth we have, especially in areas like passing and pass protection. Like my observations about the Cats, I have two observations of the knights: The defensive line was the weakest of the three teams, and could be a sore spot if not corrected. The second is that if a team stops Anderson, they will stop Robbinsville. Hooper is talented, but he's not a team beater yet. Like some said, a scrimmage or 7v7 is not necessarily a good indicator of what is to come for the season. I thought all things considered the knights and jackets looked good, and have a ton of potential
Much like Andrews we were working different things like seeing how the freshman Mctaggart would handle his first varsity situation! Hayesville is also very young! I counted at least 5 sophomores on the field every snap! They also worked in their 2s a lot, you can’t tell how a team will be solely based on a scrimmage! Not accusing you of doing that but just saying there were kids on the field at all times and every team that would more than likely not be out there in the given situation!

Much like Andrews we were working different things like seeing how the freshman Mctaggart would handle his first varsity situation! Hayesville is also very young! I counted at least 5 sophomores on the field every snap! They also worked in their 2s a lot, you can’t tell how a team will be solely based on a scrimmage! Not accusing you of doing that but just saying there were kids on the field at all times and every team that would more than likely not be out there in the given situation!

Ok..as usual Hayesville and Andrews will be powerhouses in the conference.

We had a few 20+ yds recieving also.

I guess someone keep the stats.

Can we just talk about Swain's scrimmage? Lol

What about the scrimmage? Scrimmage? Scrimmages mean nothing...... it’s only about getting better and getting live reps.

Swain will see what they have to work with tomorrow night. By the time Swain plays conference games, I am sure the coaching staff will have them ready. No worries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT