ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland vs. Pinecrest SCORE 10.16.15 [official thread]

A Pinecrest win @ Scotland tonight and a win HOME vs Richmond (in a few weeks) would be hard to deny a #1 seed in the 4AA State Playoff East Bracket. No offense to the good folks up at Wake Forest.

No surprise to me. In my ratings this week I had Scotland 4 and Pinecrest 5

PInecrest @ Scotland 25 down by 4. Five ticks left. Sure would have liked to have seen the game via stream.

Last edited:
Great game and worth the money. I think this might have went the other way if at Pinecrest. Both teams played hard. White is a great player along with the Dickerson kid for Pinecrest. It says a lot that White got the yardage he did with so much focus on him. Very impressive for a sophomore and hard to stop. Both teams played well. Props to both! Great game.

Reactions: sikner51
Awesome game. Pinecrest has a heck of a team but in the end the Scots make the plays to win it 35 to 31. Big win for Scotland.

Au contraire mon frère, Mr. Regan

Your protest falls on deaf ears when one realizes that you and/or your employer had a direct stake in this issue. Too many in the “media” feel entitled to broadcast popular events in the interest of “serving the people” or so the people will not be “denied”. While your loyal listeners in Moore County, many of whom stay home and watch your live stream rather than attend the actual event, may have been prevented from seeing a premier event on their idiot screens, the vast majority of fans across the state had the opportunity of actually attending a local high school game, in person. The NCAA has already intruded into Friday nights with their TV broadcasts. Now local radio wishes to do the same. Why? For profits, of course. I think you may have improperly impugned Coach Bailey’s professional responsibility while not acknowledging your own self-interest. So you are saying that fans statewide could have stayed home and watched your live stream, thus denining cash strapped school systems, statewide, (1) a number of dollars at the gate, (2) a number of dollars at the concession stand, and (3) their local their support from the stands? How much compensation was your employer willing to contribute to Scotland for the privilege of your streaming a proprietary event? How could you possibly compensate the systems statewide that were denied gate dollars because of your desire to sell advertising time? I for one applaud Coach Bailey and/or the Scotland County Board of Education for standing on principle. And I doubt that Coach Bailey is worried about a "growing rival"; I imaginge he is preparing instead for his longtime principal rival to his west.

PC should charge for it and split the proceeds for away games if the home school allows or pay a location fee if they really want to stream it. Not saying everything has a price but I'm sure Moore co. could have come up with a couple of grand if they needed to. When i last checked money was not an issue in the vast majority of that county. I'm sure a deal could have been if the price was right. i don't feel sorry for anybody that didn't make the ride within an 1hr to see this game unless they were physically unable.

Au contraire mon frère, Mr. Regan

Your protest falls on deaf ears when one realizes that you and/or your employer had a direct stake in this issue. Too many in the “media” feel entitled to broadcast popular events in the interest of “serving the people” or so the people will not be “denied”. While your loyal listeners in Moore County, many of whom stay home and watch your live stream rather than attend the actual event, may have been prevented from seeing a premier event on their idiot screens, the vast majority of fans across the state had the opportunity of actually attending a local high school game, in person. The NCAA has already intruded into Friday nights with their TV broadcasts. Now local radio wishes to do the same. Why? For profits, of course. I think you may have improperly impugned Coach Bailey’s professional responsibility while not acknowledging your own self-interest. So you are saying that fans statewide could have stayed home and watched your live stream, thus denining cash strapped school systems, statewide, (1) a number of dollars at the gate, (2) a number of dollars at the concession stand, and (3) their local their support from the stands? How much compensation was your employer willing to contribute to Scotland for the privilege of your streaming a proprietary event? How could you possibly compensate the systems statewide that were denied gate dollars because of your desire to sell advertising time? I for one applaud Coach Bailey and/or the Scotland County Board of Education for standing on principle. And I doubt that Coach Bailey is worried about a "growing rival"; I imaginge he is preparing instead for his longtime principal rival to his west.

Very well said and well stated.

WHERE YOU HEAR?.....................SIKNER OR SCOTWIN OR SCOTLAND43 OR SCOTSROLL

OR DING DING OR.....MAN SPECIALLY BUBBA WEAR IS YOU

AINT KNOW BODY GOTS TO FILL ME IN ON GO_SCOTS WEREBOUTS. I KNOW HIS PLACE OF DUTY AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FIRE, MEAT AND SPATULA
FD4F42G.jpg

UCHJgF1.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT