ADVERTISEMENT

Scores

Lincoln Charter boys won 84-56 against a very talented/athletic South Robeson team.

Surprised at the score between Starmount and Highland Tech. Highland Tech is not good enough to put up 68 points on too many especially a #2 seed.

Cherokee boys won 97-47 against Cherryville. Sounds like no defense again.

Starmount is a very interesting team in that they have 2 distinctly different ways to play. I have saw them play several times this year. Sometimes they play loose and fast and try to make a full court game out of it and both teams will score a lot of points. Other times like when they play us, it turns into a half court game of execution with both teams knuckles being ground into the blood and either team having trouble getting to 50. Hard to know which plan they will use really, but they can play both ways.

Highland Tech hit 9 3-pointers in this game. I don't know if that is a normal for them or what. They shot the ball well in the game, but they couldn't stop Ashley and Bryant in the paint. Starmount looked a little rusty from not playing in 2 weeks.

There was a great turnout of Ram fans for a 4:00 game on Friday. With East Surry, I would expect another big crowd because they have a good following as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT