1. Scotland 7-0, 10-1
2. Richmond Senior, 6-1, 8-3
3. Pinecrest, 4-2, 9-2
4. Sevemty-First, 4-3, 7-4
5. Lumberton, 3-4, 4-7
6. Jack Britt, 2-5, 3-8
7. Hoke County, 1-6, 2-9
8. Purnell Swett, 0-7, 2-9

Expect Scotland to win its seventh consecutive conference title. But, Richmond will definitely have something to say about it as new head coach Bryan Till has the Raiders ready to go to war as they invade Pate Stadium in Laurinburg on November 3. As usual, Pinecrest will settle for third place in the conference. The Patriots, with a much younger squad compared to past seasons will only be 1% improved compared to last year. Seventy-First and Lumberton will battle Pinecrest for third place in the conference. Jack Britt hopes to build on last year's 3-8 finish. Hoke County and Purnell Swett will be fighting to try to stay out of the conference basement.

Reactions: tigertown21
I think 71st will be better than 4th. I think 2nd is a real possibility. Also, I think Scots could have 2 non conference losses.

Hard to argue with your predictions JMACDE99. 71st is the wildcard in the conference ... Depends on the talent.
- Scotland should run away with the conference.
- Pinecrest is always solid under Metzger, but not enough horses to over take Scotland and Richmond
- Jack Britt once a power is now a very average football team
- Hoke seems like they always have some talent and should be better than their record
- Swett .... See Hoke comments

I do not think this season will be like any recent, it is possible that 71 could win the conference .there is no easy winner at this point ...

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I think Scots raiders or 71st has a good shot at winning the conference. I would not automatically give it to the Scots like everyone else is.

71st will have the best passing duo in the conference by far. HSOT post stated that Nick Pry is not playing at PC if that is the case they want be in the top 3. That kid is a very good athlete and qb.

Last edited:
Pry is skipping football this season and mainly focusing on baseball. I'm sure that they have a QB-in-waiting, as well as last year's JV QB.

it will go down to the Scotland /Richmond game to
end the year, question is will one of the 2 have a
conference loss opening the possibility of a 3 way tie.

I for one like 71st and the physicality they bring. If they manage to be healthy and have some speed they have a real shot. Pinecrest hasn't had the speed to keep up with the top 2 in the past. This year they have added that. I wouldn't sleep on the patriots either. No doubt a healthy Scotland team is top dawg but if injuries plague them then it may open the door for those top 4. Lumberton has a lot of its defense back and Grice. That line has had some size the past 2 years and they have held there own against Swett and Hoke. As for Swett they do return majority of there offensive skill guys from a team that handled Jack Britt and played New Hanover tough last year. The thing about them is consistency. Not enough athletes to match up with the top tier. Hoke has a couple athletes and a D1 wideout at the offensive end along with a athletic Qb but they lost there entire offensive line and only return 2 or 3 starters on defense. They will have there plate full as coaches with mostly young sophomores and juniors playing defense. Jack Britt lost there qb last year which made there offense one dimensional. He is back so that will help them out a lot. I've heard they have added several skill kids but we all know the game is won in the trenches.

media and coaches pick

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/s...andhills-athletic-conference-by-media-coaches

web1_IMG_0399.jpg

web1_IMG_0404.jpg

Last edited:
was gonna say just my 2 cents .but somehow didn't have the right zing lol. just bored .and hoping for a good high school football season ,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT