ADVERTISEMENT

ROUND 4 3A BOYS WEST

Does enka have a shot?
It’s not like Central Cabarrus has any 7 footer or 5-star can’t miss prospect or anything—just a really good high school basketball team. But Enka pretty big underdog. Central Cabarrus averages 21 steals per game, which is insane. So Enka going to have to take care of the ball to have a chance.

On a side note, I couldn’t even remember the last time a mountain team was in the fourth round in 3A boys. The last I am finding is Asheville in 2008. I knew TC Roberson used to be there all the time but that era’s been gone a while now…it looks like their last 4th round appearance was 07 plus they’re 4A now.

Last edited:
It’s not like Central Cabarrus has any 7 footer or 5-star can’t miss prospect or anything—just a really good high school basketball team. But Enka pretty big underdog. Central Cabarrus averages 21 steals per game, which is insane. So Enka going to have to take care of the ball to have a chance.

On a side note, I couldn’t even remember the last time a mountain team was in the fourth round in 3A boys. The last I am finding is Asheville in 2008. I knew TC Roberson used to be there all the time but that era’s been gone a while now…it looks like their last 4th round appearance was 07 plus they’re 4A now.

we were 3A in 13-14 and lost in the fourth round by a lot.. by far the worst game we had all season too it sucked! I really thought that team had a legit shot at the title

Can see two blowouts IMHO. CC will demolish Enka. Possibly by 30 points or more. Shooters wont effect CC. You need ball handling, and the ability to attack the rim vs, them. Guard play is essnetial vs. CC.

West Charlotte totally annihilated Ben Smith in a previous matchup. WC record is ab it deceving ast hey lost early to MP, and Harding, and then to two private schools. The other losses were to Chambers/NM who are the claer 4a favorites IMHO.

Now CC/WC will be barn burner. Will the game be played on campus at CC?

Can see two blowouts IMHO. CC will demolish Enka. Possibly by 30 points or more. Shooters wont effect CC. You need ball handling, and the ability to attack the rim vs, them. Guard play is essnetial vs. CC.

West Charlotte totally annihilated Ben Smith in a previous matchup. WC record is ab it deceving ast hey lost early to MP, and Harding, and then to two private schools. The other losses were to Chambers/NM who are the claer 4a favorites IMHO.

Now CC/WC will be barn burner. Will the game be played on campus at CC?
Semi Finals will be played Saturday at neutral court usually at a community college?
Should here something this week.

Semi Finals will be played Saturday at neutral court usually at a community college?
Should here something this week.
On one of the FYN broadcasts they said they’d talked to somebody at NCHSAA and it’s still up in the air between the state picking a neutral court, letting the higher seed arrange a neutral court, or letting higher seed host. Last option would seem to conflict with handbook rule about regional finalists not getting to practice on court where regional final is played. Could they just amend it this late in the season?

On one of the FYN broadcasts they said they’d talked to somebody at NCHSAA and it’s still up in the air between the state picking a neutral court, letting the higher seed arrange a neutral court, or letting higher seed host. Last option would seem to conflict with handbook rule about regional finalists not getting to practice on court where regional final is played. Could they just amend it this late in the season?
Seems like it would of been a good idea to have these small details worked out by now.

I know I am on the outside looking in, but it seems like these types of things would help the NCHSAA when people ask what they do. If this is not already planned out, it just provides ammo to the critics.

Thanks Hon. If its WC/CC I definitely want to go see that game. Im thinking neutral court for seating. Want to say its been in Hickory? Can;t imagine them letting a regional final be played at a home school

Thanks Hon. If its WC/CC I definitely want to go see that game. Im thinking neutral court for seating. Want to say its been in Hickory? Can;t imagine them letting a regional final be played at a home school
They’ve done Hickory, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and Hickory again in the past. Hickory is best IMO but the venues are smaller.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT