ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman Tigers need opponent for 5th play date(9/18/15)!

Tigertown_a_Rick

Jul 29, 2001
The Rosman Tigers' game with Tri-Cities Tennessee on September 18th has been cancelled by Tri-Cities, so Tiger Head Coach Freddie Whitman has an unexpected opening for the 5th play date on September 18th!

In looking at the NCPrep magazine schedules, I noticed that these 6 schools have 2 open dates this season, and one of those is the same date as the Tigers have.

1A Schools :Lejeune(9/18 & 10/2),Pender County(9/18 & 8/21) and Robbinsville(9/18 & 10/23)

2A Schools:CATA(9/18 & 10/2),Randleman(9/18 & 10/2) and West Wilkes(9/18 & 9/4)

Rosman's other OPEN date is October 30th in case the 5th play date won't work....

I encourage any of these schools or any other school that needs or wants to fill their vacant play date on Sept 18th to call Rosman Coach Freddie Whtiman or Rosman High School....

I hope Rosman can find a game. I think West Wilkes would be the best option out of those you mentioned. I noticed that Tri-Cities's former coach is now the coach of the Trinity Academy Knights team out of Blountville that Cherokee is playing. Did that coaching swap play into the cancellation?

I hope Rosman can find a game. I think West Wilkes would be the best option out of those you mentioned. I noticed that Tri-Cities's former coach is now the coach of the Trinity Academy Knights team out of Blountville that Cherokee is playing. Did that coaching swap play into the cancellation?

It's interesting that the former Coach will be coaching against a couple different SMC schools(Cherokee & Hayesville-I think?) this year, rather than traveling to Rosman with the Tri-Cities team....I think the Coaching change probably did play a part along with some possible legal issues going on at the school, I heard?.....I too hope that the Tigers can find an opponent this late in the preseason?

As for a game against the Blackhawks, I too think that it would be a good measuring stick for both schools, and it would be a first-ever meeting if it were too happen between the Tigers and the Blackhawks...

Guess we'll have to wait and see it there's any interest from West Wilkes, CATA or any other school that might be open on Sept 18th or Oct 30th, and might want to take on the Tigers?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT