ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman at Brevard

Bigtime478

Aug 14, 2015
Can Rosman make 3 wins in a row to their inner county rival, to improve to 2-0 on the season? I think so. Rosman has energy coming off a 49-8 win to Shannon Forest. Brevard has a talented group of players, but they just have to put it together. No doubt that Brevard will be ready to play against the Tigers. The past 2 years the Tigers haven't won by more than 2 touchdowns.
KEYS TO VICTORY:

1) Brevard has a good arm under center in Elenberger. His favorite target split out is junior Nick Cabe. For Rosman to stop Brevard's passing game Tiger Defensive Ends will have to pressure Elenberger. Rosman's secondary will also have to step up and make good plays on the football. Brevard has solid running backs in Tanner Pettit and Langston Wilkes, but I don't think Rosman will have much trouble with the running game.

2) As far as offense goes Rosman needs to keep doing what they're doing. The whole backfield played great last Friday. I look to see Orr have a big night against the Blue Devils.

On another note good luck to all other SMC teams this Friday as they head into the second week of non conference play!

Can Rosman make 3 wins in a row to their inner county rival, to improve to 2-0 on the season? I think so. Rosman has energy coming off a 49-8 win to Shannon Forest. Brevard has a talented group of players, but they just have to put it together. No doubt that Brevard will be ready to play against the Tigers. The past 2 years the Tigers haven't won by more than 2 touchdowns.
KEYS TO VICTORY:

1) Brevard has a good arm under center in Elenberger. His favorite target split out is junior Nick Cabe. For Rosman to stop Brevard's passing game Tiger Defensive Ends will have to pressure Elenberger. Rosman's secondary will also have to step up and make good plays on the football. Brevard has solid running backs in Tanner Pettit and Langston Wilkes, but I don't think Rosman will have much trouble with the running game.

2) As far as offense goes Rosman needs to keep doing what they're doing. The whole backfield played great last Friday. I look to see Orr have a big night against the Blue Devils.

On another note good luck to all other SMC teams this Friday as they head into the second week of non conference play!

It's almost unthinkable that Rosman has the opportunity to win 3 consecutive years against the Bluedevils.....At one time, I never thought I would ever see a single Rosman victory over Brevard much less 2 or 3 wins in this series....

This friday our Rosman Tiger Seniors will have an opportunity to say that they never LOST to Brevard if they can pull out the win....

I agree that the Tigers need to keep on keeping on, and don't take Brevard lightly because they will be fired-up to beat the Tigers this friday....It will also be the first time that the Tigers have played on the artificial surface at Brevard that was installed last season, so there won't be a mudbowl this friday in Brevard...

I also agree that the Bluedevils have a talented young man under center who can hurt the Tigers if given time to throw, and agree that our Defensive ends and LBers are going to have to be on their toes this friday night, and agree that the Tiger defense needs to bring some pressure....

Look forward to the game as I have every time that these two teams have met, and hope that both teams play their best, and also hope that injuries are limited and not sustained.....

Roar Tigers Roar!

Have a separate question for you Tigertown. My son plays JV for Murphy and they travel to Rosman on Thursday and I was wondering on what they should expect from the JV Tigers.

Why was the Rosman and Swain JV game cancelled last week?

We had a lot of rain the day before the game, and they probably didn't want to tear up the field too bad before the varsity opened the season the next day?....Just guessing as I have No personal info other than hearsay...

To answer the question about the JVs, I confess that I don't really know anything myself, so I'm looking forward to watching them .....

Roar Tigers Roar

There's been a lot of talk the last few years about Brevard's drop-off, with some people seeming to think it's a numbers issue, and some people seeming to think it's a culture issue. I think losing to Andrews (with its 275 or so students) is good evidence that, while lower numbers might be hurting Brevard, that's not the sole cause of the state they're in right now.

Regardless, Brevard is a great town, and there are still good athletes there. I'm certain they will get back on track before too long. But for now, in-county rivalry games are huge no matter what state the programs are in. It's just icing on the cake the occasional years when both schools are good.

There's been a lot of talk the last few years about Brevard's drop-off, with some people seeming to think it's a numbers issue, and some people seeming to think it's a culture issue. I think losing to Andrews (with its 275 or so students) is good evidence that, while lower numbers might be hurting Brevard, that's not the sole cause of the state they're in right now.

Regardless, Brevard is a great town, and there are still good athletes there. I'm certain they will get back on track before too long. But for now, in-county rivalry games are huge no matter what state the programs are in. It's just icing on the cake the occasional years when both schools are good.

Hate to see what has happened to Brevard .Losing Olin and Dupont has really hurt their numbers .But if you can't beat the 1A schools they must be other problems.Changing coaches every year does not help things.Pisgah and Brevard used to be great rival with close hard fought games.Would like to see the Devils get back to what they used to be.

Reactions: Lanseril Storm
Hate to see what has happened to Brevard .Losing Olin and Dupont has really hurt their numbers .But if you can't beat the 1A schools they must be other problems.Changing coaches every year does not help things.Pisgah and Brevard used to be great rival with close hard fought games.Would like to see the Devils get back to what they used to be.

I remember some of those great Pisgah/Brevard games in the past, and agree that the coaching turnover has not helped Brevard....Brevard in the past was traditionally a team that ran out of the Power-I with a big FB and a speedy tailback, especially when Essenburg was there, and the Bluedevils always had a stingy defense....Today, the demographics have changed in Transylvania County with a lot of the Blue Collar folks having moved elsewhere to find employment....Coach Pritchett will try to turn the fortunes of the football program by returning more to a style that Brevard oldtimers are more familiar with....Since Essenburg, the Bluedevils have had 2 Coaches that ran a spread attack, and that style just didn't seem to fit well with the personnel that Brevard has to work with...Hence 2 seasons recently with NO wins, which was once thought impossible if you grew up around here as I did...

As for the game tonight, Brevard is going to be fired-up for the Tigers, and I hope Rosman is ready for the challenge because it's not going to be as easy as many think IMO....

Roar Tigers Roar!

Consistency and experience will help the Devils more than anything. I'm sure those guys are not happy about losing to lowly, little 'ole pitiful Rosman so they are going to pull out all the stops to get a win. I hope to see our young men stay with the game plan and remember that the turtle wins in the end.

Consistent effort in the weight room and time are what the Devils need to get back on track. It will take a few seasons to gain back all that has been lost in that regard. There are much fewer exceptional athletes to choose from-the ones playing will have to grow together.

How do you know what I think?
I dont care who reads what. Block me if you dont like it.
I will be at the Pisgah and Tuscola game this year with my Cousin. Maybe we could meat............

Last edited:
Rosman 42-7 over the Bluedevils tonight....

Good luck to the Bluedevils, and keep your heads up because things will get better .....

As for the Tigers, it was a great defensive effort tonight with the only TD coming after a fumbled punt inside the Tiger 20yd line that Brevard converted...

Huge crowd tonight....Probably 5,000+....There was little or NO seats on the Rosman side, and the Brevard side was as full as I've seen in quite some time....Big night for Rosman's Gage Orr and Tanner Green as both scored multiple TDs tonight....Tigers played 2nd half without starting QB Josh Rice who also played great tonight before watching the 2nd half from the sideline with the Tigers leading 35-7....

Congratulations to Coach Whitman and his staff, and the Rosman Tigers on their 3rd straight victory over the Bluedevils....

Roar Tigers Roar!

Rosman 42-7 over the Bluedevils tonight....

Good luck to the Bluedevils, and keep your heads up because things will get better .....

As for the Tigers, it was a great defensive effort tonight with the only TD coming after a fumbled punt inside the Tiger 20yd line that Brevard converted...

Huge crowd tonight....Probably 5,000+....There was little or NO seats on the Rosman side, and the Brevard side was as full as I've seen in quite some time....Big night for Rosman's Gage Orr and Tanner Green as both scored multiple TDs tonight....Tigers played 2nd half without starting QB Josh Rice who also played great tonight before watching the 2nd half from the sideline with the Tigers leading 35-7....

Congratulations to Coach Whitman and his staff, and the Rosman Tigers on their 3rd straight victory over the Bluedevils....

Roar Tigers Roar!
Great win tonight! Heard Rice might have a broken collar bone. Hopefully he can have a speedy recovery and get back for conference play!

Great win tonight! Heard Rice might have a broken collar bone. Hopefully he can have a speedy recovery and get back for conference play!

As I said earlier in this thread, I hoped both teams injuries are limited, and not sustained.....If this is true, this is a big big loss for the Tigers.....Might have to pull the JV QB up, or go to the Box until which time Rice returns, which likely wouldn't be until late in the season?....Man, this news sucks!

Team needs to rally behind the "Next Man Up", and keep the Tiger train rolling!

Roar Tigers Roar!

I thought young Tesnow did all right under center. I say that not to minimize losing Rice (because that is a huge loss), but to say that IMHO we shouldn't abandon our normal way of doing things.

I thought young Tesnow did all right under center. I say that not to minimize losing Rice (because that is a huge loss), but to say that IMHO we shouldn't abandon our normal way of doing things.

I agree that you don't abandon who you are, but we did see some of the Box last night, and likely will see even more of it....Also, agree that Tesnow did an admirable job last night, and does add another tough runner to a stacked backfield, but Rice's decision making thus far this season had been stellar, and you're right in that he is a huge loss on both sides of the ball...Hope that young man gets to play again this season?

As for the game, I couldn't be any more prouder of the Tigers than I was before,during and after the game....I think everyone knew going into the game that it was going to be physical, and Rice is not the first Rosman QB to be injuried in this game and not the first "Rice" at QB either as another Rice(Matt) was injuried(broken arm) in a game at Brevard back in 1999(I think?), which temporarily derailed that team's momentum....Just don't want to see history repeat itself because this team does have potential to do some things a Rosman team hasn't in a while....The Talent is there.....The Experience is there!.....The question is: Will the Focus and Leadership be there with Rice on the sideline?

Guess we'll find out next neek at Madison when the Tigers face a Patriot team that has beaten Rosman every year since 2009, a span of 6 consecutive losses?

Roar Tigers Roar!

I agree that you don't abandon who you are, but we did see some of the Box last night, and likely will see even more of it....Also, agree that Tesnow did an admirable job last night, and does add another tough runner to a stacked backfield, but Rice's decision making thus far this season had been stellar, and you're right in that he is a huge loss on both sides of the ball...Hope that young man gets to play again this season?

As for the game, I couldn't be any more prouder of the Tigers than I was before,during and after the game....I think everyone knew going into the game that it was going to be physical, and Rice is not the first Rosman QB to be injuried in this game and not the first "Rice" at QB either as another Rice(Matt) was injuried(broken arm) in a game at Brevard back in 1999(I think?), which temporarily derailed that team's momentum....Just don't want to see history repeat itself because this team does have potential to do some things a Rosman team hasn't in a while....The Talent is there.....The Experience is there!.....The question is: Will the Focus and Leadership be there with Rice on the sideline?

Guess we'll find out next neek at Madison when the Tigers face a Patriot team that has beaten Rosman every year since 2009, a span of 6 consecutive losses?

Roar Tigers Roar!

Rice was injured while running the ball and being tackled from behind. Will be back way before late season. Injury report (confidential- need to know basis only) Neil did an outstanding job coming in last night. With some fine tuning and reps he will do the job. With the runners we have now we will still be a VERY potent offense. As long as the D keeps playing physical and flying around we will be fine. Rice is a great leader and motivator, he will just have to do it from the sidelines for a while. I'm a little partial towards this young man and very proud. The last drive he was involved in he took us down the field and scored from 10 yrds. out. All this time he was injured. Keep plugging away men and remember.

NO MERCY !!!

What would Rosman be without adversity? The loss of Rice will hurt, but if the players can rally around Tesnow and stay focused we should be ok. This may prove to be beneficial come playoff time.

I heard Rice will be back in four weeks. We go to Madison next week, then Mtn. Heritage comes to town, after that an open week. I believe we then start the conference with Haysville. We have time to see how things work. I thought Tesnow did well in relief work last night. I agree with other posters- let him play.

I heard Rice will be back in four weeks. We go to Madison next week, then Mtn. Heritage comes to town, after that an open week. I believe we then start the conference with Haysville. We have time to see how things work. I thought Tesnow did well in relief work last night. I agree with other posters- let him play.

What will be the impact on defense with Tesnow playing a bigger role on offense?....Remember, he's our leading tackler on defense....A defense that looks vastly improved this year.....

I agree that we will be alright on offense, but defense has been our problem the last several years, and we now have 2 players missing from our defense in Rice and Tesnow....If we were a 4A school, there probably would not be as much an impact, but we are one of the smallest schools in the state, and we need every able body that we can get....Injuries derail teams every year, so let's hope that isn't the case with the Tigers this season?

Glad to hear that Rice's injury doesn't appear to be as bad as first reported....Remember the Dotson kid a couple years ago breaking his collar bone, and didn't get cleared to play until the regular season was over.....

Time for the team to rally around "The Next Man Up", and keep the Tiger train rolling!

Roar Tigers Roar!

What will be the impact on defense with Tesnow playing a bigger role on offense?....Remember, he's our leading tackler on defense....A defense that looks vastly improved this year.....

I agree that we will be alright on offense, but defense has been our problem the last several years, and we now have 2 players missing from our defense in Rice and Tesnow....If we were a 4A school, there probably would not be as much an impact, but we are one of the smallest schools in the state, and we need every able body that we can get....Injuries derail teams every year, so let's hope that isn't the case with the Tigers this season?

Glad to hear that Rice's injury doesn't appear to be as bad as first reported....Remember the Dotson kid a couple years ago breaking his collar bone, and didn't get cleared to play until the regular season was over.....

Time for the team to rally around "The Next Man Up", and keep the Tiger train rolling!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Dotson didn't break his collar bone he injured his knee. Then re-injured it in practice late in the season.

Just an observation. Just got to see your JV QB play. He was very effective in running the option against Murphy could be a option if backup doesn't work out. I was impressed

Dotson didn't break his collar bone he injured his knee. Then re-injured it in practice late in the season.

This is what happens when you get older....You can't remember all your own aches and pains, much less anyone else....

Still seems like 4 weeks is an awful short turnaround for someone with a broken collar bone, especially a youngster who plays QB in an option offense?

Hopefully, everyone is right, and Rice will be back sooner rather than later...

Roar Tigers Roar!

Just an observation. Just got to see your JV QB play. He was very effective in running the option against Murphy could be a option if backup doesn't work out. I was impressed

He's a talented young man as you observed, and he's left-handed too boot....Can't remember if the Tigers have ever had a left-handed QB who could throw the ball.....Most Tiger fans would joke that as little as we throw the ball on offense, we might as well throw it left-handed...lol!

Roar Tigers Roar!

I also liked your fullback. He was a load, ya'll have some talent coming up. I think our JV team was a little faster and we're able to bust some long runs and that was the difference . I'm thinking they'll do well with rest of their schedule

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT