ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman at Andrews

Gal, if you want me to shut up I guess your have to shut me up because I m not doing it on my own. lol.

Goknightgo, There is another rville poster on here saying things about the 04 swain team that is not true. I know you have said something to them already. If your going to police folks you need to police em all. I will be waitingfor you to insult him also. lol. I noticed you have not yet.

Someone is cranky. Don't get mad at me cause your own peeps think you say some dumb stuff on here. Don't worry though I think you have a new rival for the poster who makes themselves look the worst on here. Just so happens to be from the same camp.

If I'm Dee Walsh, I would not agree to play anywhere but Murphy (or Robbinsville) !!

Reactions: gal durnit
My vote is to play it at Cherokee. Put em on the turf...and I can make it in time to watch haha.

Fourth do you not remember when Hayesville let Murphy practice on the turf I believe it was the week of the state championship or week before but they did practice there

Fourth do you not remember when Hayesville let Murphy practice on the turf I believe it was the week of the state championship or week before but they did practice there

Yes train, Murphy did practice at Hayesviile during their last State Championship run. But Hayesville now has a different head coach and they are still practicing.

Is this the group of seniors for the wildcats that got to play down? I think they won a few of those Championships playing down. Is that right? That might be the problem not the underclassmen.
You are referring to the year that Tyler Willey was in 8th grade and played midgets, if I remember correctly they won the cracker bowl, beating most every team by half time resulting in mercy rule, I think a couple teams made it through the 3rd quarter. Tyler Willey went to Murphy varsity the next year as a 9th grader, someone correct me if I'm wrong?

You are referring to the year that Tyler Willey was in 8th grade and played midgets. Tyler Willey went to Murphy varsity the next year as a 9th grader, someone correct me if I'm wrong?
that's correct but what you didn't mention is the fact that Ty Wiley was the same age as a 7th grader when he played midgets in 8th grade.

What a special athlete, not many kids can play varsity football as a 13/14 year old, especially not without playing any JV ball. Would've loved to have him this year and could have if he hadn't started school early.

that's correct but what you didn't mention is the fact that Ty Wiley was the same age as a 7th grader when he played midgets in 8th grade.

What a special athlete, not many kids can play varsity football as a 13/14 year old, especially not without playing any JV ball. Would've loved to have him this year and could have if he hadn't started school early.
I didn't mention it because it wasn't necessary, we all know they can't play midgets if their too old, There wasn't anything wrong with him playing. I was just stating a fact as I remembered it, as far as I know copper basin has been the only youth football program in the area to break the rules. As for the Andrews youth team we are referring to there was another kid that was either a running back or a full back I can't remember his name, I think he moved to Franklin after the fact, if my memory serves me Willey was the QB, most of their offense consisted of Willey or the other kid carrying the ball scoring on most every drive. Am I right? That group of Andrews kids has some good football players for sure, if they would have stayed at Andrews they would have been a force to be reckoned with,

Reactions: mbdfan
if they would have stayed at Andrews they would have been a force to be reckoned with,
Yes Wiley was the QB and they had another good back with him, they were basically the whole offense. I don't know anything about the other kid moving to Franklin or not, I thought the other back was the kid they called 'Cornbread'?

Wiley was never Andrews' to have though. He didn't live in Andrews, he always lived in Murphy's district. I don't think he even went to school at Andrews, though I might be wrong on that. His dad was the youth league director at Andrews for a while and it was my understanding that was the only reason he ever played for Andrews in the first place.

Last edited:
fourth sitting on visitors side lol. classic. This youth league thing is another reason to put very little stock in how youth league transfers to high school success. Now JV can be a very reasonable gauge as athletes are closer to filling out and you can make a reasonable projection to success on varsity. When Andrews drills the rest of the SMC on jv's then look out on varsity.

Reactions: mbdfan
I agree, youth football is not a very good gauge . Kids come and go, some mature sooner than others , just too many variables.

I think Andrews defense just played awesome. Offense couldn't move it on Rosmans tough defense I'm proud of how tough our kids played

If I had to call it after seeing both teams I would have to give the edge to Robbinsville. I don't know if Rosmans QB will be back, that could help plus it is at Rosman but I believe Robbinsvilles offense will be able to score some points. I look for a defensive war all night.

Congrats to Coach Whitman and the Tigers on the SMC victory last night over the Wildcats.....As I said in the orginal post, I knew it wasn't going to be easy to travel to Andrews on a Monday night to play a football game, and that was definitely the case last night...

Good luck to the Wildcats for the rest of the season...

Roar Tigers Roar!

Congrats to Coach Whitman and the Tigers on the SMC victory last night over the Wildcats.....As I said in the orginal post, I knew it wasn't going to be easy to travel to Andrews on a Monday night to play a football game, and that was definitely the case last night...

Good luck to the Wildcats for the rest of the season...

Roar Tigers Roar!
Thank you Rick. Rosman's defensive line are huge and play very aggressive. I felt our defense played about as good as we could have ask for on the run game. Our offense just couldn't move the ball against your tough defense. We wasn't expecting to give up over 100 yards to the passing game either. Good luck to the Tigers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT