ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky River 3A/2A - Week 8

Week 8 Games:​

Monroe at Parkwood: Pretty much goes without saying but Monroe by a bunch. Parkwood give up 36 ppg and Monroes scores basically how many they want to. Monroe 55+ Parkwood 0
Forest Hills at West Stanly: Yellow Jackets get back on track this week. Forest Hills 42-0
Piedmont at Anson Co: I thought Piedmont was bad, but apparently they are very bad. They have trouble covering and tackling anything that moves relatively fast. Anson should win this one provided they show up and play hard. Anson 34-7.

Week 8 Games:​

Monroe at Parkwood: Pretty much goes without saying but Monroe by a bunch. Parkwood give up 36 ppg and Monroes scores basically how many they want to. Monroe 55+ Parkwood 0
Forest Hills at West Stanly: Yellow Jackets get back on track this week. Forest Hills 42-0
Piedmont at Anson Co: I thought Piedmont was bad, but apparently they are very bad. They have trouble covering and tackling anything that moves relatively fast. Anson should win this one provided they show up and play hard. Anson 34-7.
I agree totally with these predictions. Gah Piedmont and Parkwood are a mess!

I agree totally with these predictions. Gah Piedmont and Parkwood are a mess!
Piedmont is on their 4 or 5th coach since 2018 I think. I could have missed one in there. It is very hard to win with a complete lack on consistency in the head coaching spot. Very hard to establish a program with no administrative support.

Parkwood took a major set back when Terrance Gittens ( I may have misspelled his name if so I apologize) passed away. He was a superb coach and a really nice human being. He really had things going in the right direction at Parkwood. It has been an uphill battle since he passed.

Reactions: The Don 0752
Piedmont is on their 4 or 5th coach since 2018 I think. I could have missed one in there. It is very hard to win with a complete lack on consistency in the head coaching spot. Very hard to establish a program with no administrative support.

Parkwood took a major set back when Terrance Gittens ( I may have misspelled his name if so I apologize) passed away. He was a superb coach and a really nice human being. He really had things going in the right direction at Parkwood. It has been an uphill battle since he passed.
That was terrible for Parkwood. Very sad situation.

I just remember in the early 2000's Piedmont was considered a powerhouse knocking off teams like FH and Monroe some years, I know the coaching was very good then though. it's a shame what has happened. that community always has a huge turnout even when they're bad. It looks like they have some players there, QB position is very lacking from the games I've seen.

That was terrible for Parkwood. Very sad situation.

I just remember in the early 2000's Piedmont was considered a powerhouse knocking off teams like FH and Monroe some years, I know the coaching was very good then though. it's a shame what has happened. that community always has a huge turnout even when they're bad. It looks like they have some players there, QB position is very lacking from the games I've seen.
Historically speaking Piedmont is 205-448 in the wins vs losses category. Rusty Jester had two stints there is second stint they were very good for a few years from 2000-2005. Outside of a good year here and there they are historically a 500 or below team each year. They do have good community support which is surprising they cannot seem to get it together.

Historically speaking Piedmont is 205-448 in the wins vs losses category. Rusty Jester had two stints there is second stint they were very good for a few years from 2000-2005. Outside of a good year here and there they are historically a 500 or below team each year. They do have good community support which is surprising they cannot seem to get it together.
Yes, those were very good years. surprising those are the years HC Dillard played for Jester at Piedmont, think he would have learned something from him. Maybe they will figure it out but losing to West Stanly was not good at all and now taking on a way better Anson team. Ouch!

Forest Hills v West Stanly game will be closer than you think. Especially with Oxendine out.
The Dilworth kid who transferred in from Piedmont is a better passer than Oxendine but for some reason the coaches keep starting Oxendine. He's not as mobile but he's bigger and can see the field better. 6'3" kid. He played the entire game vs. Walkertown due to Oxendine being sick. He played a decent game that night and we had a chance to win. He also tends to look for Jer'el Bolder more often than Oxendine. Against North Stanly he came in for one play and threw a 65 yard TD to Bolder. Right now the FH running game is pretty good. 3 very good backs especially Rodney Smith. That kid is a bruiser.

Oxendine coming has made it very weird I will admit. I'm not very impressed to be honest. I agree Dilworth is the better passer, not sure what the reasoning is on not just giving him the keys this year? What does Furr do next year with Oxendine still there?? West Stanly is pretty good at stopping the run, but you could have your way with them on the pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT