ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky Mount @ Havelock

FG ends the game too.
So would a defense with 99 yards behind them to the end zone, IF they execute properly. No guarantees. We can go on with the "what ifs" until next year. A FG is no more guaranteed than a 1/2 yard run. Maybe less so at the HS level.

I disagreed with the 4th and 1 call as they were lining up. You still take up for it after you know they lost because of it. smart. No need to say anymore.

The field goal argument is weak. If a team is so concerned about a block, bad snap or a miss, why try any during the course of a game? Take the three points and go to Winston Salem.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
The field goal argument is weak. If a team is so concerned about a block, bad snap or a miss, why try any during the course of a game? Take the three points and go to Winston Salem.
A team/coach that feels his team can not make 1/2 yard and would put such pressure on a HIGH SCHOOL kid, needs to check his shorts. He might find something(s) missing. Its ONE thing to try a FG early in the season, or even this game, but at that point it becomes a different situation. To those who would criticize such a decision AFTER the fact. Again, this aint the NFL bud....It is HIGH SCHOOL football with 15-18 year old CHILDREN, They arent paid, and so many more thing to consider than just a trip to Winston Salem. Maybe that coach knows this, and you should understand it as well. In addition, Its not like there weren't other opportunities to win that game AFTER that point. You might make a FINE ESPN commentator,/critic but a LOUSY coach of kids. Ill say that for you.

And yet the Havelock kid had to kick a FG to send it to another OT. No pressure there. Smh.

Results speak for themselves. The kick in the 4th qtr was not to win the game it was just to extend a 7 point lead and seal the deal. Much less pressure from there. Nobody is going to change my opinion of that.

Would someone get the stats on how many teams on any level in the last 50 years of football have threw a TD from 99 yards out on one play?

I bet there have been 10 times as many missed 12 yard field goals botched or missed in high school!

It had only happened 13 times in the NFL ever!

A team/coach that feels his team can not make 1/2 yard and would put such pressure on a HIGH SCHOOL kid, needs to check his shorts. He might find something(s) missing. Its ONE thing to try a FG early in the season, or even this game, but at that point it becomes a different situation. To those who would criticize such a decision AFTER the fact. Again, this aint the NFL bud....It is HIGH SCHOOL football with 15-18 year old CHILDREN, They arent paid, and so many more thing to consider than just a trip to Winston Salem. Maybe that coach knows this, and you should understand it as well. In addition, Its not like there weren't other opportunities to win that game AFTER that point. You might make a FINE ESPN commentator,/critic but a LOUSY coach of kids. Ill say that for you.
Then, why did he have his kicker attempt a FG in OT?

Would someone get the stats on how many teams on any level in the last 50 years of football have threw a TD from 99 yards out on one play?

I bet there have been 10 times as many missed 12 yard field goals botched or missed in high school!

Probably what Jim Bob was thinking to.

Reactions: notashelbyfan

Well, there are many more fg attempts as there plays from the 1 yard line.

After watching RM's passing game today I know for sure Jim Bob made the right call you go for the TD on 4th down!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT