ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville vs WSP

Mountie heard you on here bragging about how great mountain football is anyone knows that has seen prep play they are fast but that’s about it , no way they should play robbinsville like that , mt airy and East surry took them apart , but we are just braggers that’s all we hear from you ,
Flat landers footballnc71 what they call us

Reactions: goknightgo
Also lets me know how good East Surry is potentially as they gave 2aa N.Davidson their only loss..and N.Davidson took Pisgah to the woodshed..but good try...Mbd..East Surry still scary good..regardless of the Wsp/Robbinsvile struggle game..in which many including yourself had to have been shocked by... Ya have to admit..dude..E.Surry beating Prep by nearly 50 has less to do with familiarity as it does superiority.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Last two times....
But Mt Airy very well could have won that game close no blow out if we have got to play N Iredell week before I feel we been better prepared that was our first game we lost tonight to a team that will give East a Test in Pilot Good luck Cards

Reactions: sbbbfan
Tarboro is a different level year to year than the ones you mentioned, quit riding their coattails.

Mount Airy lost to Pisgah, a mountain team, earlier this season and Murphy stomped East the last time they played, so please chill.
That stomping, and things that happened after were the key points in East Surry moving in a new direction with a coach. Everyone in Pilot Mountain is happy for that too.

East Surry would have beat Murphy in 2018, 2019, and 2020(21). Putting players in positions to be successful makes a huge difference.

Hey hats off to mount airy ,lve talked lots of mess all year but ma is real, would have won that game if not for injuries , I hope all the kids are good , but you guys talking the truth prep is 3 rd best in our conference, no matter what the mountain posters say this conference is now the conference in the state , obviously our three teams are that good. Congrats to Winston prep you guys were bad ass last nite , you guys have been coming on the last couple seasons.I still say wow , just showed them ole flatland ball is scary .

Hey hats off to mount airy ,lve talked lots of mess all year but ma is real, would have won that game if not for injuries , I hope all the kids are good , but you guys talking the truth prep is 3 rd best in our conference, no matter what the mountain posters say this conference is now the conference in the state , obviously our three teams are that good. Congrats to Winston prep you guys were bad ass last nite , you guys have been coming on the last couple seasons.I still say wow , just showed them ole flatland ball is scary .

Congrats to your state's best conference going 1-2. Injuries are regrettable part of the game Murphy and Robbinsville had key performers out and others at less than 100%, but still won.

😂

The conference???

I love it.

Keep up the good work whatever the name of your conference is.
1 state title in how many years?

You guys are the greatest.

The New Standard

Reactions: recycled2
East Surry would have beat Murphy in 2018, 2019, and 2020(21). Putting players in positions to be successful makes a huge difference.
Murphy would have beat East HANDILY in 2018 lol, get real. 2019 that's a definite East win. As for this year, we'll never know. The current beat up version of Murphy? probably an East win. A full strength Murphy? I'm taking that bet. Murphy's achilles heel this season is highly mobile QB's, East does not present that problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
Styles makes fights. WSP is a matchup nightmare for a small Mountain team. WSP should've won that game, on QB play alone, but they didn't. Guts and grit carried Robbinsville thru to the end, and in the end, that's what counts.

I will say this; If WSP staff took the time to work on some areas of the game, they could be a handful. Namely special teams. If they had a guy that could kick a pat, then they would've won in regulation.

Also lets me know how good East Surry is potentially as they gave 2aa N.Davidson their only loss..and N.Davidson took Pisgah to the woodshed..but good try...Mbd..East Surry still scary good..regardless of the Wsp/Robbinsvile struggle game..in which many including yourself had to have been shocked by... Ya have to admit..dude..E.Surry beating Prep by nearly 50 has less to do with familiarity as it does superiority.
Easy Surry has 1 outstanding year and all of a sudden they are the standard.... no. That ain’t how it works. When East Surry has 10-15 State Titles, let us know. That’s the standard.

Good thing u didn’t play the bears or cards, cause they would be sitting home full strength or not fact partner !

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. As we all know opinions are like something else, everybody has one or is one.

Easy Surry has 1 outstanding year and all of a sudden they are the standard.... no. That ain’t how it works. When East Surry has 10-15 State Titles, let us know. That’s the standard.
1 outstanding year? While ES does only have 1 state championship, they have traditionally been one of the best 1A football teams in the state the past 20 years, minus a few years here and there especially the later part of Diamont’s tenure, they have been one of the best. East Surry is better than any team the SMC has produced the last 2 or 3 years, I know that hurts to hear for any SMC team since y’all think y’all invented football.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Lol..why waste time arguing about the past...SMC is still the standard by which 1a conferences are measured..but..now you only have 2 teams that would fare well in any conference..and it seems to kill you guys..that there are other teams in other non smoky mountain conferences that can and do compete well. Also..Smc has certainly benefitted well with the split titles..its not a knock..but you ole timers need to get a grip..no one is asking you to let go of the past..but to embrace whats happening around you..LOL..Fact is i would line up NWC top three against the top 3 from the SMC about every year now and would expect great results...no one could say that in the past..but they sure can now..almost yearly..agree to disagree but it was just proven last night...at Robbinsville..Your 3rd place team Andrew would get beaten by 5 tds to either MA or ES..but WSP would more than likely beat Murphy and should have beaten Robbinsville at Robbinsville....facts..they were no match for MA or ES this year.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mbdfan and BK13T-$
Lol..why waste time arguing about the past...SMC is still the standard by which 1a conferences are measured..but..now you only have 2 teams that would fare well in any conference..and it seems to kill you guys..that there are other teams in other non smoky mountain conferences that can and do compete well. Also..Smc has certainly benefitted well with the split titles..its not a knock..but you ole timers need to get a grip..no one is asking you to let go of the past..but to embrace whats happening around you..LOL..Fact is i would line up NWC top three against the top 3 from the SMC about every year now and would expect great results...no one could say that in the past..but they sure can now..almost yearly..agree to disagree but it was just proven last night...at Robbinsville..Your 3rd place team Andrew would get beaten by 5 tds to either MA or ES..but WSP would more than likely beat Murphy and should have beaten Robbinsville at Robbinsville....facts..they were no match for MA or ES this year.
These questions will be answered next year. No splits. Only 1 1a champion. Also, we will see what East Surry is made of. Going to 2a. Are they truly the new standard of the west, or just a flash in the pan?

They will do well..but guess what...if any of your SMC bretheren were to face Shelby and Reidsville..your standards would be lowered as well as your wins...Remember..just two years ago..WRH won the 1aa title and beat Reidsville the next year for the 2a title..so...ya never know...I will say that they ES deserves to be mentioned with any 1a team out there...year in and year out.

Last edited:
They will do well..but guess what...if any of your SMC bretheren were to face Shelby and Reidsville..your standards would be lowered as well as your wins...Remember..just two years ago..WRH won the 1aa title and beat Reidsville the next year for the 2a title..so...ya never know...I will say that they ES deserve to be mentioned with any 1a team out there...year in and year out.
Yep sure do remember. Mitchell played WRH in 2015. And if by mentioned you mean winning 9-11 games in the regular season, then losing in the 1st or 2nd round, then sure, they are right up there with the best.

Until we (non mountain schools or flatlanders) have the success that they continually have yall need to hush and enjoy the ride. We're a graduating class or couple injuries away from mediocre at best. We've been on a good run as of late and I'm extremely grateful and proud of our men's success. In the same moment I realize that until we have almost double digit state championships that they'll be the Ric Flair of high school football and we've got to beat them. No I'm not being a jock rider like I've accused some East Surry bandwagon fans of doing. Im just stating the facts. On here everyone lives in ifville, if this didn't happen or if that penalty hadn't been called. It doesn't change anything. its just an excuse. These are 14-18 year old kids. They ain't perfect. They are gonna get hurt, hopefully not too bad. Refs suck. Just a fact. I've always heard if you can't play you coach, if you can't coach you officiate. Every call isn't always good for your guys. How much holding or other stupid penalties really goes on? It always seems to show up at always the wrong time. The great teams move on and overcome it. We fans hang on to it for decades tho. I can't stand ma however I do wish a speedy recovery for the young men injured last night

Go Big Red
#27Forever

I hate that others have caused so much animosity for East my friend. You're a true fan BigRed, you've been there through thick and thin and I'm happy for you and the other East fans like you. I enjoyed meeting you a few years ago, looks like East and Murphy won't meet again before Murphy closes but good chance the consolidated school and East will meet up and if they do we'll get together.

Last edited:
Lol..im not a true ES.fan...but they have a good program and have had consistensy..Titles mean a lot..but it doesn't mean your program isnt successful or consistent if you dont have tons of them. A good program has good fan support and winning records...conference titles..etc...state titles are super hard to come by..especially in big 1a..they are as well in small 1a but...there is a difference...would ES have more titles if they played in small 1a...probably so...but who knows..

Lol..im not a true ES.fan...but they have a good program and have had consistensy..Titles mean a lot..but it doesn't mean your program isnt successful or consistent if you dont have tons of them. A good program has good fan support and winning records...conference titles..etc...state titles are super hard to come by..especially in big 1a..they are as well in small 1a but...there is a difference...would ES have more titles if they played in small 1a...probably so...but who knows..
East does have a good program and have for a long time, speaking for myself only here but I have never said otherwise. My problem is not that, its all the bravado and outlandish statements by some, East produces good teams but there are a segment on here that want to paint it like their 2019 team is the baseline for them and what they're about or something. NCball is an East fan and he honestly believes East would've beat Murphy in 2018, I'm sorry but when you say something like that you lose all credibility, Murphy would have beat East by multiple scores in 2018.

The way some of yall talk if your kid won the 2nd grade spelling bee yall would be on the phone with Wake Forest trying to get em in the next day. Success is a journey. You don't win a game and magically become a powerhouse program. It takes years and years of constant success. I'd love to see the Smc and the nw1a and whatever conference we'll be in next year get some nonconference games together. If people keep playing The school for the deaf and blind and Sister Mary's home for wayward girls in nonconference you will never make it out of the 1st or second round of the playoffs. You have to push yourself to get better. Most conferences are top heavy with the good teams. There's nothing you can do about that. We all can't join the SEC to play football lol. I'd love to see a Murphy/East Surry game besides in the playoffs. Meet halfway and play somewhere. Western Carolina is 3 hrs from both places.

Its 3 hrs from the house. My youngest goes there. If its that close he can go watch one Friday night in the fall then.

Reactions: mbdfan
Its 3 hrs from the house. My youngest goes there. If its that close he can go watch one Friday night in the fall then.
Cullowhee is about an hour and twenty minute drive from Murphy.

Halfway between Murphy and East would be about Black Mountain, its about 2 hrs and 15 minutes to Black Mountain from Murphy or Pilot Mountain.

Reactions: Swain97
Just ask Robbinsville would they beat yall..LOL..youre comparing your last years score...your 2018 team...what else MBD...live in the now....and the now is that the team ( Robbinsville) that has beaten up on the SMC the last couple of years snuck by a 3rd place NWC team..there ya go bro...im just goin back and forth man...nothin serious...LOL...you mountain boys love to take offense and defend..LOL

Last edited:
Just ask Robbinsville would they beat yall..LOL..youre comparing your last years score...your 2018 team...what else MBD...live in the now....and the now is that the team ( Robbinsville) that has beaten up on the SMC the last couple of years snuck by a 3rd place NWC team..there ya go bro...im just goin back and forth man...nothin serious...LOL...you mountain boys love to take offense and defend..LOL
I would place my bets on Murphy.

Im placing mine on Mtchell...after last night..and giving Elkin a better chance than i would have before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT