ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville vs WSP

Here is something for you to consider. Murphy and Robbinsville were both coming off a game against each other. This game is always a bitter, physical, emotional contest. In years past their first round opponent usually was a team they could defeat by the score of 49-7. With the reduced number of teams in the playoffs they faced better teams. The main thing is they dug deep and survived. Those games will make them more difficult to defeat, they will grow from them.

True. TJ is a really good team. I had that game as a tossup, but as usual Murphy played a stellar 4th quarter when it counted.
Yeah, agree with that. And dont get me wrong, Elkin is a solid ball team and I'm not discounting them, but the idea that because Murphy had a tight game against a really good TJ team that now somehow means their chances are reduced against Elkin is just a comical and absurd take.

Reactions: Swain97
Ive seen every Robbinsville game this year. In my opinion, we played we worst we have played all year by far. Everyone seemed off and very out of sync. Not sure if it was from coming down from the big game last week or just being out of routine due to Spring break. Whatever the reason we played sub par against a talented team and were fortunate to get the W. I think when you are 22-0 its easy to get complacent. I hope this will be an eye opener for our boys and they will focus and get back to business as usual next week. We are fortunate to be 23-0 after last night......

Reactions: BK13T-$
Absurd..naw bro..Robbinsville looked overrated as i did watch the game..they did beat Murphy..thats the only logic i needed..WSP showed up. and showed out...Murphy will beat Elkin..but it's not a shoe in based on what i saw out of Robbinsville..WSP made Robbinsville play their worst game of the year..Dem mountain boys can't stand an opinion of anyone who won't lick their boots and opposes their perfect point of view and perfect conference...LOL

Week 3
Robbinsville 35
Erwin 28

I think Erwin and WSP are ranked close in the state and they are close to the same type team. Its about matchups boy. Try to keep up.
Robbinsville would beat the brakes off of Mt airy this year.

Keep on spraying you nonsense and SMC will keep on doing what we always have.
The Standard!!!

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Youre beating Mt.Airy based on what. You're blessed and lucky to still be playing boy. Mt.Airy did take WSP to the woodshed. You guys should have lost to them. If it's about matchups..why did MA and ES match up better than you guys..? You won..yes..but looked overrated in doin so You have a good team....You have great tradition..but let's go Mitchell..

• Haha
Youre beating Mt.Airy based on what. You're blessed and lucky to still be playing boy. Mt.Airy did take WSP to the woodshed. You guys should have lost to them. If it's about matchups..why did MA and ES match up better than you guys..? You won..yes..but looked overrated in doin so You have a good team....You have great tradition..but let's go Mitchell..

I guess I missed where ES and MA were playing in the small 1A bracket this year?

Reactions: Mhsneer
Because MA and ES probably better vs the pass.
Simple really.

Robbinsville is usually weak vs teams like Erwin WSP and Rabun Gap.

MA passing isn't close to that.

Last edited:
I have no dog in this fight so I feel I can speak objectively. Everyone in the SMC knew WSP would be a tough game. After WSP playing Murphy tight the previous season everyone knew it would be a test for Robbinsville also. Having said that and watching Robbinsville last season and this one I can tell you that this was the Black Knights worse played game I’ve seen. Not taking anything away from WSP but you caught Robbinsville on a off night coupled with a few key players banged up or not even playing. I’m not saying Robbinsville would have blown WSP out but winning by 2 Tds. After saying all this it’s just another team that has failed like many others over the decades at Big Oak Stadium

I heard from a player today that they didn’t take it serious this week at practice and that they kind of had the mindset that they were going to run over WSP. Whether that is true on not, I don’t know but I do know one thing, they won’t perform like that again. Mitchell may throw the ball but I don’t think they’ll throw it more than Murphy. Plus I think Robbinsville is more equipped to matchup with Mitchell. Mitchell plays smash mouth football. That’s what these SMC teams are all about. I do think that Robbinsville will get to Mitchell’s qb and be able to execute with a couple of sacks. Looking forward to a good game between these 2 teams.

Mitchell plays the kind of football that Robbinsville thrives on stopping..and they do it well..
Mitchell is a combination of what Swain,Andrews and Murphy tries to do..those teams were held to less than 80 yds rushing

Hates off to WSP. They are a great ball team. Lot of heart and a lot of athletes. First time in a long time I’ve seen a team outside the SMC come in and hit a SMC team in the mouth all game long. I for one feel better about the Mitchell game now simply because I don’t think Mitchell’s qb will be able to escape pressure like WSP’s did.
I guess we'll find out fri

Mitchell plays the kind of football that Robbinsville thrives on stopping..and they do it well..
Mitchell is a combination of what Swain,Andrews and Murphy tries to do..those teams were held to less than 80 yds rushing
We’re young. Team has overachieved. It’ll be interesting to see how our defense plays. Our linebackers are decent. We don’t do as many miss directions plays as in years past. Been impressed by our sophomore qb. These two teams could end up seeing a lot of each other over the next two years. If the Mitchell defense that played heritage shows up it’ll be a game.

Reactions: Swain97
Yep sure do remember. Mitchell played WRH in 2015. And if by mentioned you mean winning 9-11 games in the regular season, then losing in the 1st or 2nd round, then sure, they are right up there with the best.
This post would be very accurate had you posted it 2-3 years ago. This was the main reason for the coaching change in Pilot. They have since been to back to back state titles and are well on their way to making a 3rd. Sometimes the right coach makes all the difference.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Just ask Robbinsville would they beat yall..LOL..youre comparing your last years score...your 2018 team...what else MBD...live in the now....and the now is that the team ( Robbinsville) that has beaten up on the SMC the last couple of years snuck by a 3rd place NWC team..there ya go bro...im just goin back and forth man...nothin serious...LOL...you mountain boys love to take offense and defend..LOL
If you ask someone from Robbinsville, they will tell you that we played the worst we played all year and that game shoulda been over at halftime. WSP has some good athletes, but we played mediocre at best and were fortunate to get the W as a result.

Your new coach is a good recruiter
Who has he recruited?
The kid from North Stokes that moved to ES before he was hired?
The kid from Mount Airy that moved before he was hired?
The Gosnell brothers who lived 3 houses down from the school, that have a WHOLE unique family situation that I am sure you don’t even know about?
The kid from North Surry that 100% showed up the first day of practice, but had enough good reasons to leave that the Superintendent, NS admin, and the school board chose not to make him sit out?

can you tell me which one that he recruited? or are you talking about how he’s a huge advocate for his kids and getting them to college? Don’t make accusations that you don’t know anything about.

That stomping, and things that happened after were the key points in East Surry moving in a new direction with a coach. Everyone in Pilot Mountain is happy for that too.

East Surry would have beat Murphy in 2018, 2019, and 2020(21). Putting players in positions to be successful makes a huge difference.
Not to sure about 2018

Recruiting lol , don’t waste the time explaining it to anyone . Ma crowd started all the rumors , what it boils down to is this is a mt airy and mountain forum , and East finally gets a good program going and no one likes it , and we will hear I’m sure about all the 5000 tilt Lea they all have , but last few seasons pilot is looking good , cards may lose , may win but to be a team that supposed to be down this year like they all say , they sure look pretty good .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT