ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville needs a game.

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
09-17th
And
09-24th.

Not sure if we are even looking for a game or not, but if any team needs a game it might be worth a try to contact Robbinsville.

Can you pick up games once the conference season starts?
Good question. Someone may have read so rule about that but the only thing I can find is...
19. ATHLETIC CONTRACTS: A standard contract is recommended for use in all sports for
non-conference competition (with two-year terms for football and basketball). Copies maybe found
online. All provisions of the contract must be fulfilled by both parties unless canceled by mutual
agreement. The NCHSAA has no responsibility for enforcing oral contracts.

The only rule that I've heard is the number of games each team can play. Unless someone else knows I wouldn't think there's a set rule when you can pickup a missed non-conference game as long as you have an open date which most teams don't have during the conference schedule.

Reactions: sbbbfan and BK13T-$
Hopefully we find something this week..No doubt there will be some cancelations. Maybe we pick one of those up

Reactions: BK13T-$
We know your pain! Look north and west. We have a 3.5 hr bus ride friday night.
Don't know if I'd want to look north from Robbinsville. Would have to take buses on the Dragon with Maryville and Alcoa as the options on the other side.

We need to schedule a cupcake ! We need to get our confidence back. The backups need reps in case they need to step up. We need to avoid injuries if that's possible . Has anyone contacted WCU Catamounts ? they seem to be the worst team in Western NC.

Do they still play football in Cullowhee?

If it was up to me I wouldn't go to Mt. Airy after last time but I would offer to take the game in Robbinsville.

Robbinsville is desperately searching for a game this Friday. If we don't get one it's not because this administration is not trying

Reactions: BK13T-$
Why didn't Murphy play Robbinsville this Friday? Was the game with Cherokee High not just scheduled late last week? Just curious.

I'm thinking Murphy was looking for a game last week for this coming Friday. It was announced at the game this past Friday that Murphy would now be playing at Cherokee High in Rogersville TN. If both Robbinsville and Murphy were indeed looking for a game, why not play each other this Friday?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Murphy hasn't missed any games yet due to covid. Robbinsville has missed 2 games and have 2 open weeks now. They are desperately searching for 2 games before conference play starts. Also,Robbinsville was the only team in the conference with 9 games scheduled. It's only fair for the kids and the community to try and make up these lost games.. Just moving a conference game up that is scheduled for Oct 15 would not benefit anyone. Besides, in my opinion Robbinsville and Murphy could use all the practice they can get before playing each other for the conference championship for the 4th year in a row!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT