ADVERTISEMENT

RIchmond picked to be 3rd in SEC

FUN N' GUN

Aug 20, 2011
I think they will be better than advertised. But it depends on the defense.

I think they will be better than advertised. But it depends on the defense.
1. SCOTLAND
2. PINECREST

3. RICHMOND: Does the 15-16 Richmond organization have the advantage to take up 2nd or better yet 1st place?
If so, what is the hypothesis that backs up your mythology?

Last edited:
:rolleyes:
I had a suspicion the pre season polls might be that way, I wonder about the actual....
I understand the feelings of the people in the know. A lot of unknowns with new staff and new offense but kids are working hard. Tough schedule early that will only make them better come conference time. Pulling for Coach C and the kids no matter. Will probably hear a lot of moans and groans this year but whats new.

Reactions: 1Twister
FUN ' GUN,
Scotland is running things. Having 8 kids above 250. 5 of those kids are above 290. 3 of the 5 are over 300 and 1 of them is a whopping 322.

MR. FUN N' GUN, Mrs Clark, a residential lady and also a Richmond fan who works in a local Richmond district convenient store was shocked and sick when she heard of this. Even a child who is a regular at this facility felt her pain and wrote her this letter
26-Hilarious-Notes-From-Kids-Children-Say-The-Darndest-Things-1-of-26-Pics.png

Last edited:
Richmond will finish 2nd. I have the upmost respect for Metzger and what he did in saving Pinecrest football. Even making them a contender.However,with all the weight rooms and nice things such as the little patriots, just take a look at those kids vs scotland,richmond kids. They dont even look the same sizes. Its more like this.
1. Scotland
2. Richmond
3. Pinecrest
4. Hoke/Lumberton
5. Lumberton/Hoke
6.Swett

All teams will be solid. Swett being the outsider. Swett will probably be the only team that just struggles. The Hoke vs Lumberton "County" game will be HUGE this season.

The Hoke vs Lumberton "County" game will be HUGE this season.
HERE ARE ADDITIONAL THINGS TO ADD TO YOUR QUOTE
Politicians become honest.
People will make educated decisions when voting.
America will mind its own business.
CEO's become honest.
The credit card companies become honest.
The auto repair industry becomes honest.

Last edited:
I think 3rd in the SEC is a good spot for Richmond because we just do not know how the new coaches offense will truly translate until we see them in game action.
Scotland is far and away the best team in this conference and I don't believe Richmond or Pinecrest are within 14 points of them.
Pinecrest though, I like them this could be the year they finally beat Richmond and finish 2nd in the SEC...we shall see.

Coach Metzger may have Pinecrest in the right direction, but until they can beat the two "Big Doggs" of the conference(Scotland and Richmond). They will still be puppies in the dog pound!!!!

Who knows how the season will play out? Some teams could be as good as predicted. Some SEC teams may surprise us all and not be as strong as people thought! Just ready for it to begin.Wait and see mode now. RAIDERS!

If our offensive line does not IMPROVE WE WANT BE IN THE TOP 4 IN OUR OWN CONFERENCE....I just dont see enough running game to succeed......nuff said..

From what I have seen this week the Raiders are in TROUBLE........If you cant run the football you can't WIN......I can't believe I'm saying that......... Richmond County NO running game........I don't like what I'm seeing......I hope I'm proven wrong Friday night.......GO RAIDERS....nuff said....

Stud....what's wrong with the running game? Is it the O-line or the type of running game their attempting? They have three great running backs in Goodwin, Boykin and Bennett. Is it possibly because they've dumped the spread option or what? Sounds like they are throwing the ball a lot, but like you said if the running game is non-existent, then we're back to a one dimensional offense.

Go Raiders!

Is it possible that we played a stout front seven that limited the run? Let's wait a week or two and see what the running game looks like then.

Not a pessimist, but after hearing the first two games and their running game issues, third place seems likely. What is happening to my Raiders Twist?

Two games in a row and still not a 100 yards rushing...That my friend is a school record since 1973...........We just cant find the right combination up front.....Better work on that triple or get in the I....I think we have the fire power up front , we;re just not getting it done......WE WON , BUT IT WAS NOT PRETTY....HOPEFULLY IT WILL GET BETTER BEFORE IT GETS WORSE...I would luv to see Mclean and Patrick on the same side with a big tight end.....Just dreaming ...2 and 0...We have got to improve.....GO RAIDERS...nuff said...

The Raiders have shown much improvement over the last few weeks...What good teams are suppose to do....The offensive line has gotten better in the last few weeks....This team is coming around ...We did have a slip this past week , but I'm going to blame that on lack of focus because of Homecoming activities......The coaching staff has the boys believing in what they are trying to get accomplished each week.....With no injuries and continued focus this team will have a chance....That's all we ask for is a Chance....Lets get ready for the Pirates......nuff said..

the back end of the schedule doesn't help the raiders. they come put with w's those 2 weeks many props. Those are 2 very good teams to have to play back back. sorta like a regional final and championship rolled in the regular season

Was very impressed with the PC and SC game. Both teams offense seemed to be wide open. Not sure if it was the offense that was clicking on both sides or bad defense. Either way will be interesting to see both against Richmond as their offense seems to be moving forward. If I can recall...there was only one punt that game. Correct me if I'm wrong. Neither team could stop the offense.

Law, i believe there were 2 one by us that was returned for td and one by PC that the kid boomed and i don't think we even sent back a returner. i think SC got key stops because pc only scored 1 offensive td from scrimmage in the 2nd half. that was key along with the clutch catch by leak on 4th and 4 on a very difficult pass.

Ok. Wasn't sure. I do believe it's anyone's race to the SEC. Hate to say it....Richmond is way underrated. And my Scots my be ranked too high. They are sitting with a bullseye on them. Not pumping the Raiders....just stating the obvious. Pinecrest could surely beat them. Nuff said....

Law,i think it is about match-ups and who shows up. the one thing that is missing on our d is the outside rush that we had last year from Brandon McMillan. I think Ratliffe is the only player we have that can provide that type of heat and he will be needed against RC. I love the way our offense is playing pc never stopped us really we had a missed fg and two empty trips in the red zone that were a long snap over the qb's head and a dropped td pass. We can't afford to leave points on the field against good teams we were very fortunate that it didn't bite us Friday. Also, i cannot understand why our defensive special teams and kicking game is as up and down as it is. Letting your opponent start drives on the 35 and 40 will not work come nov when points will be very hard to come by as we get into the 2nd round if we go west and 3rd round if we stay east. white commands so much attention that it opens up the entire field and no one in 4a has a weapon like that with the other pieces around them to support that big time player.

i thought bailey called a great game friday on offense. the only issues i saw where the special teams play. pc is tough to figure out offensively because it is a lull you to sleep then bam they hit you for a big play. i would love to see PC and Britt for a chance to go to the ship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT