ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville will be in the State Championship, Yes I said it.

That would be great and all, but how about just one division? In addition to Shelby and Reidsville, South Point, Newton, Conover, Hibriten, who I blundered and forgot to mention earlier, ND, East Duplin all split wigs, too. Let everyone just battle it out. Shoutout to South Columbus, NE, East Bladen, and Clinton, too. One division!!!!!
Wallace Rose Hill will be a factor in 2A also. they have a very good team

I agree with both 96Panther and Tdpass. Kinda cocky to be guaranteeing a State Championship already. It would make you wonder if Mr Mallector is playing with a full deck??

Reactions: 96panther
I agree with both 96Panther and Tdpass. Kinda cocky to be guaranteeing a State Championship already. It would make you wonder if Mr Mallector is playing with a full deck??
I can assure you he plays with full deck. Not saying we'll win it all. I am saying if Shelby goes big. It should be Mt Herritage vs Reidsville in Regional Final. If Shelby and Reidsville go small it will be an epic battle. As far as the east goes, we'll see what happens.

Wallace Rose Hill will be a factor in 2A also. they have a very good team
Oh, absolutely! They beat Havelock, only lost to you guys. I did mention earlier that I have them or Northeastern coming out of the 2A east, absentmindedly left them out. Good looking out.

Reactions: 96panther
Uh, Lion, before you start talking about lack of "brothas" you might want to actually check out the Mountain Heritage team.:)
They will compete, and bring physicality, but schematically, it’s a bad matchup for them. They’re just going to run their quarterback the majority of the time. You have to have a balanced offense to compete against you guys.

Last edited:
They will compete, and bring physicality, but schematically, it’s a bad matchup for them. They’re just going to run their quarterback the majority of the time. You have to have a balanced offense to compete against you guys.
They can't match up with the Rams because this might be the overall fastest Reidsville team ever.

And QB Robinson for Mountain Heritage is one of the best in North Carolina.

Daddy always said “Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.” Still a bunch of football to be played.
i agree. i hate WRH with a passion, but if Reidsville thinks they would just brush WRH to the side, they have another thing coming.

Mt Heritage isn't even in the mix. They lost to Reidsville last year by 30 in the playoffs. This Reidsville team is significantly better than last year.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Don't let Heritages record fool you. They play pretty weak teams with Hendersonville probably being the best opponent they have faced. Reidsville would not have any problems with them.

Mt Heritage isn't even in the mix. They lost to Reidsville last year by 30 in the playoffs. This Reidsville team is significantly better than last year.
Not so sure about this team being "significantly better." Three D1 players on that team which proved its merit in the playoffs. Remains to be seen how this outstanding RHS team will fare in postseason.

I’m glad everyone comprehended my post when I said Reidsville will be in the State Championship, I wouldn’t dare go as far to guarantee Reidsville would win the State Championship without seeing who’s on the other side first. Unlike last year, when Reidsville put up a running clock against The Aces in the State Championship, this year small 2A will be stronger, I believe a worthy opponent await Reidsville in the title game

Thanks, Cheerduck. Hope everything is going well up in Hickory.

It's going and if I had the time and some real answers I'd let you know for sure. Our program is far from where a decent team should be. Our wins this year are a blessing, but I honestly believe the last coach we had would have the same amount as our new one. The real answer on him will come if he stays another year and what he'll do with the talent left. Good luck to the Ram nation going forward.

It's going and if I had the time and some real answers I'd let you know for sure. Our program is far from where a decent team should be. Our wins this year are a blessing, but I honestly believe the last coach we had would have the same amount as our new one. The real answer on him will come if he stays another year and what he'll do with the talent left. Good luck to the Ram nation going forward.
Spent the night in your fair city last night, Cheerduck. Took my wife to dinner at Olde Hickory Taproom. Good food. Hope you’re well.

Atta boy 98/72/XX you managed to trash two great high school football programs in two short sentences. Real classy.:(

Y'all are ridiculous if you feel that team should have been playing for a state championship. They were terrible and gave you the game. How many points off of failed or miserably executed punt attempts did you guys have? How can a team make it to the state championship with no punting game? We were there. We saw it first had. That team was about equivalent to a Rutherford county team. No need to disrespect....facts are facts.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Y'all are ridiculous if you feel that team should have been playing for a state championship. They were terrible and gave you the game. How many points off of failed or miserably executed punt attempts did you guys have? How can a team make it to the state championship with no punting game? We were there. We saw it first had. That team was about equivalent to a Rutherford county team. No need to disrespect....facts are facts.
Facts are facts: Edenton won 13 games, including an impressive four-game winning streak in the playoffs. Maybe they didn't have to punt much or maybe they just had a bad game. A bigger factor was that their star running back was hobbled by a bad ankle.
That was the only Edenton game you saw all season so don't be a moron and judge a team by one game.

You can argue or reason with 98. He's obsessed with trying to throw shade on Reidsville Football. We could beat Alabama and he'd find fault.

Atta boy 98/72/XX you managed to trash two great high school football programs in two short sentences. Real classy.:(

Leave him be Mule. Ive come to realize 72 Champ is delusional. I mean, it takes 3 people to come up with one seemingly coherent thought.

I remember how every playoff week it was the same rhetoric from 72 Party of Three: "Rams will lose because they are finally facing a tough team". Once the Rams destroyed each and every one of those teams, the rhetoric turned to "well they weren't good anyway" or some other lame excuse to promote delusions of grandeur within their own household.

Although for me and other Aces fans I guess there is a little bit of "the truth hurts" going on here but I do feel like you are disrespecting two outstanding programs with two good men leading them and I would like to respond.

First, your criticisms of Holmes minimize the accomplishments and talent of Reidsville and I would like to start by complimenting them:

1. Although I have never had the opportunity to watch much 4A ball but I have followed the other classifications for over 40 years and Reidsville was the best team I have seen in person.
2. Numerous people who know way more than me and who have much experience in 4A told me that Reidsville could have competed for the State Championship in any classification last year.
3. If Holmes played Reidsville 100 times Reidsville would probably win 100.

Now to the defense of Holmes:

1.If Holmes played 100 times, last years State Championship would be the absolute worst we would play. Reidsville was accustomed to the bright lights and big stage and our boys were not.
2. We did have a punting game. I have no earthly idea why our snapper, who was solid all year long, had such a poor game. We could not even get a punt off and at times had trouble getting plays off due to the poor snaps. Our offense is predicated on timing and we could just never get going due in part to the snaps and Reidsville's outstanding D line play.
3. We absolutely deserved to be in the championship. Just ask the teams we defeated handily in the playoffs, just ask Northeastern and ask state 3A runner up Rocky Mount who defeated us 28-17 earlier in the year last year. After that game some of the RM staff told us they would see us in the state championship later in the year.
4. I know you only saw one game and that is all you have to base it on but we were not a terrible team; we just had a terrible game. There is a big difference.
5. Not much was made of it at the time because it would have sounded like excuse making and would have taken away from the accomplishments of Reidsville but Keimon Bailey, our star running back, suffered a severe ankle sprain in the Eastern Finals and was on crutches or in a boot all week prior to the championship. If that game were not the championship he would not have played. He is such a huge part of our offense and he could not plant to make his cuts and or push off of that ankle.

Hats off to Reidsville they smoked us and deserve respect for doing so.

Last edited:
No disrespect. By a group that had not seen either play all year and judging off one game what we said is correct. It wasn't even a game.
I agree with your last sentence. That is not disrespectful. Some of the other things were. But it is all good. Best of luck to all the rest of the way.

About Reidsville's weak schedule this season ... Rockingham County beat Northern Guilford tonight (Northern had knocked off previously undefeated Eastern Alamance last week).

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEERDUCK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT