ADVERTISEMENT

REIDSVILLE @ GRAHAM

Graham is looking forward to its final four games and happy to have Reidsville over and done with.

I think part of it is he didn't take over full time as the starter as a Junior until mid point of his Junior year. Secondly, we have blown teams out so bad, his stats don't jump off the screen.

Reactions: ramking2012
Man his arm strength jumps off the screen...he has an accurate cannon....and the receivers this year to catch them...................

BY lost to JM...28-26 I was told....BY running back taken to hospital , hopefully nothing too serious. I'm hearing elbow or arm injury . Prayers for the kid

Mule - Tanner throws the ball effortlessly. Im like you, I can't believe someone hasn't made it an offer. There is going to be a school that gets the overlook of a lifetime. The O Line tonight gave him time to eat a sandwich and drink a glass of tea. He would've had 3 additional TDs tonight without last second tackles by Graham. The D Line was just so much faster than Graham. They didn't get past the 20 for nearly the first quarter and a half. Other than last week in the third quarter, I really don't think Coach Teague has really pinned their ears back and really turned the team loose. I think I second string kids could have scored 50.

The O-line has a Sr. Lt tackle, a Sr. Lt guard, a Jr. center, a Jr. Rt guard and a Soph. Rt tackle who has been filling in for a Jr. for the last 2 games (car accident). They have pretty good size up front. The ball finally crossed the 50 once the ref picked it up to spot the ball at the end of the first quarter.

Man his arm strength jumps off the screen...he has an accurate cannon....and the receivers this year to catch them...................
the receivers are the same from last year just a year older and the new wr coach (played at unc chapel hill) is doing a great job with them

well ramking...I guess what I meant...was that last year #8 and #11 were injured early and that hurt us....also #11 and #2 I don't remember from last year but it could be my old age....lol............

For some teams, defenses can zero in on one or two key offensive players. Not Reidsville this year.
The 88 completed passes have been spread among 15 different receivers and the 20 TD receptions have been spread among nine players.
Austyn Chestnut (5-9, 165 senior) leads with 18 catches for 243 yards and 5 TDs. The only other double digit receivers are Jalen Foster (5-10, 155 senior) with 15-22-2 and Jaron Letterlough (5-10, 200 senior) with 14-159-5.
Defenses certainly can't overlook junior Isaac Hill (6-1, 185), who was the leading receiver against Graham, or senior Isaiah Hayes (5-9, 165) who was the leading receiver in the Northern game.
The QB stats: senior Tanner Wilson 68 of 106 (64 percent) for 1,078 yards and 17 TDs and very capable back-up Titus Jones (Rams are thankful he's got another year) who is 20 of 28 (71 percent) for 296 yards and 3 TDs. Only one interception thrown all year (by Wilson) and that was on a deflected pass.

The best WR prospect on the Rams team just might be Compton. Can't believe how big and fast he is. And I think he is just a Soph.
Who is Compton? Are you talking about No. 2 - Greg Stockton, a 6-2, 174 senior?

Who is Compton? Are you talking about No. 2 - Greg Stockton, a 6-2, 174 senior?
The top receiver name - although he's a 250-pound sophomore lineman - is Cordell Stallworth.
Parents must have been Steeler fans!

I think part of it is he didn't take over full time as the starter as a Junior until mid point of his Junior year. Secondly, we have blown teams out so bad, his stats don't jump off the screen.
I read somewhere on here that summer camps are what recruiters are looking at more than games. ???

I read somewhere on here that summer camps are what recruiters are looking at more than games. ???
you`re right. college recruiting has changed extremely since back in the day! It`s mostly about future potential and early exposure of a recruit that puts a athlete on a college coaches radar.

A athletes junior season is really important in the recruiting world...most college coaches already have their big board list by the end of a players junior season!

A athletes junior season is really important in the recruiting world...most college coaches already have their big board list by the end of a players junior season!
Here is some recruiting trivia. UNC had Na Brown on their recruiting board when he was still in the eighth grade. A couple of their star players visited Reidsville Middle School and talked to his class and I guess that made an impression.

72, I saw they got beat. Wasn't sure if that post was a general unrelated post or if you're inferring or referencing Reidsville opponents have us with a false sense of security?

I'll assure you Reidsville is no fluke nor a flash in pan team despite their conference.

SOME MORE STATS ON A RAINY FRIDAY:
A year ago after seven games, Reidsville was 4-3 and was averaging 25.1 points per game, allowing 22.0; This year, Rams are averaging 50.3, allowing 8.4.
Obviously, Northern Guilford, Morehead and Andrews have gone from feast to famine ... but still pretty impressive numbers.

One school record that was set three weeks ago is in career kicking -- points after touchdown ... Jack Cassady set the record from 2000-03 with 182 extra points (on 211 attempts) ... Brad Green now has 193 extra points on 213 attempts. James Sheer (2007 in his only season) still has the record for most PATs in a season with 75. Brad has 37 extra points this season ... career best was 71 in 2014.
Brad already has the record for field goals in a season with seven in 2015 (Mitchell Cobb also had seven in 2010) and Brad set the consecutive PAT mark with 45 in 2014.

SOME MORE STATS ON A RAINY FRIDAY:
A year ago after seven games, Reidsville was 4-3 and was averaging 25.1 points per game, allowing 22.0; This year, Rams are averaging 50.3, allowing 8.4.
Obviously, Northern Guilford, Morehead and Andrews have gone from feast to famine ... but still pretty impressive numbers.

One school record that was set three weeks ago is in career kicking -- points after touchdown ... Jack Cassady set the record from 2000-03 with 182 extra points (on 211 attempts) ... Brad Green now has 193 extra points on 213 attempts. James Sheer (2007 in his only season) still has the record for most PATs in a season with 75. Brad has 37 extra points this season ... career best was 71 in 2014.
Brad already has the record for field goals in a season with seven in 2015 (Mitchell Cobb also had seven in 2010) and Brad set the consecutive PAT mark with 45 in 2014.
now that's stats!!

The 2009 team was very good but I give this team the edge based on depth and the kicking game

Led by Doe, Houghton and Graves -- it would be hard to top the 2009 team's explosive offense.
But it's way too early to make final judgment on 2016 edition.

Reactions: ramking2012
Honestly, IMHO I think this
Led by Doe, Houghton and Graves -- it would be hard to top the 2009 team's explosive offense.
that trio was awesome in 2009, but the QB we have now and the depth we have a RB and the JR receiving class we have now...the skies the limit!! + Mr Brandon Lea

Your right TGT In order to be considered the best you got to get that ring...a lot of football left to be played

Honestly, IMHO I think this

that trio was awesome in 2009, but the QB we have now and the depth we have a RB and the JR receiving class we have now...the skies the limit!! + Mr Brandon Lea
If you're mentioning the stars of the current team ... please always include Quiron Johnson - a stud both ways. The OL rarely gets recognition but this bunch in the trenches seems solid.

Stockton must have grown a lot since those numbers. He is now 6-3 and 220.
Just going by the roster provided by the coaching staff. Compared to some of the other Ram receivers, he is indeed large.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT