ADVERTISEMENT

Ragland abandons Middle Creek

1955Wildcat

Aug 21, 2011
with tryouts a week away? Pitiful behavior. Middle Creeks will be better off over the long run, but low rent move.

You must ask yourself why he left?

Was it for a better opportunity , was it family , was it financial.

I read stuff on a different forum and It sounds like its not all sunshine and rainbows over there

Reactions: UNC91
if it was better opportunity, financial, etc surely he knew before now. and no, it's a mess. the new high schools have drained off the athletes.

Reactions: UNC91
They have made a great new hire. I assume it will be announced after the board meeting tonight.

Interesting match up Week 3: Pinecrest @ Middle Creek. Jacobs was a name being thrown around for the Pinecrest job.

He left months ago, just now filled and reported. Per a great source.

Yes, the title of this thread is not entirely accurate, in fact, one must ask, did Middle Creek also abandon Ragland by not giving him the support he needed to coach the team? Quite truthfully, I'm surprised he stayed this long, that school has not helped him for very much for the last 3-4 years. Ragland is a great person, coach, and did a lot for that community and he probably should have been given more support and resources.

you might want to check with that "great source" again. If he left months ago, my did he only tell his players on July 20th? He would only tell them that it wasn't for another coaching job and he wasn't in trouble.

I get it, he had a previous working relationship with Jennifer Swartz, principle at West Johnson where he is now the AD, but he only told the MCHS players on July 20th. Fact.

you might want to check with that "great source" again. If he left months ago, my did he only tell his players on July 20th? He would only tell them that it wasn't for another coaching job and he wasn't in trouble.

I get it, he had a previous working relationship with Jennifer Swartz, principle at West Johnson where he is now the AD, but he only told the MCHS players on July 20th. Fact.
The great source just posted above you.

The timeline of “months ago” and “two weeks ago” don’t match. Might want to check that source again

That source has posted on this thread and is as close to the coaches in this state as anyone. I don’t need to double check.

Maybe he didn't tell his team until then, but it has been in the works. WIth the dead periods, you are limited to when you can talk to your teams. And anyways, I'll never judge an adult educator for choosing the best job that supports his family and self, especially when you are dealing with a school that didn't support him 100% either.

Asides, Middle Creek landed an excellent coach, someone who will be a rising star in the coaching ranks and will do a great job establishing his own brand and culture.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT