ADVERTISEMENT

Question about officiating

Greengold_4ever

Jan 14, 2017
Does anybody know the biggest disparity in a game against your favorite team on number of flags thrown? I raise the question because Richmond survived a game last Friday where the disparity was 18-1 which is the most lopsided I have heard of. Anybody else remember a game like that for your team? Just curious, thanks

As a fan of any team, we must conclude that there is very little we can do about bad officiating. We have to leave it in the h and of the coaches, schools, conf. Organizations etc. While that seems a little strange, I'd hate to think that there is ONE official that would stoop so low as to try and deliberately take anything away from these teams... One might say "hey look, you won the game" like I said, it's not up to us to make the call. They got other folks who investigate bad behaviour if there is any.i imagine there's been some more far fetched. If that's the case, they better fix it before playoffs. j/m/o.

Does anybody know the biggest disparity in a game against your favorite team on number of flags thrown? I raise the question because Richmond survived a game last Friday where the disparity was 18-1 which is the most lopsided I have heard of. Anybody else remember a game like that for your team? Just curious, thanks
No that is unheard of. I think Scotland had more but conley had more than 1 as well.

In this case I was there, RC made a lot of presnap shifts and in the first half every other play 2 men were in motion or not set for a snap. CG was weak on the back but strong up front every time ran that screen or swing the same player had grab it was obvious early. I thought CG had more than a few holding as well that cost them their first few drives

Even though its not good to have 18 penalties but in my almost 60 years i lnow i have never seen an entire game where a team only had 1 penalty. That should raise some eyebrows. That has to be a record for an entire game.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
In this case I was there, RC made a lot of presnap shifts and in the first half every other play 2 men were in motion or not set for a snap. CG was weak on the back but strong up front every time ran that screen or swing the same player had grab it was obvious early. I thought CG had more than a few holding as well that cost them their first few drives
In high school football and college on extra points and field goals why isn't the holder declared down as his knee is touching the ground after catching the snap from center ?

There is a special rule for the player that receives the snap when his team lines up to kick.

Perhaps....and I say this with all due respect....perhaps the Mighty Raiders are just undisciplined and need to be coached up a bit to stop making silly mistakes. I know a thing or two about 15-18 year old kids. They aren't always engaged in what's going on around them.

Perhaps....and I say this with all due respect....perhaps the Mighty Raiders are just undisciplined and need to be coached up a bit to stop making silly mistakes. I know a thing or two about 15-18 year old kids. They aren't always engaged in what's going on around them.
I think the question was more toward the fact of CG only getting 1 flag the entire game. Dont think anyone has seen that before.

My point was not that Richmond was being over penalized. The point was the disparity. I have never seen a game on any level where a team had 1 penalty. And I have never seen a game where the penalty disparity was 18 to 1. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Even though its not good to have 18 penalties but in my almost 60 years i lnow i have never seen an entire game where a team only had 1 penalty. That should raise some eyebrows. That has to be a record for an entire game.

I agree! I mentioned to a gentleman on my right at the game that NOBODY plays as clean as CG, not even the professionals. It was very frustrating to watch! However, I would hate to think how many points the Raiders would have scored had they not had all those flags.

Go Raiders!!

There is a numbers problem. The number of teams has increased so the number of games has increased. However, the number of people who could be quality refs has not increased.

There just aren't enough quality refs. Officiating is terrible now.

Same argument applies to coaching.

Then, it seems like the nchaa has gone full momma grizzly in protecting refs at all costs, regardless of the actual circumstances.

Fewer quality coaches and fewer quality refs and the nchaa's hyper defense all officials leads to a lot of laundry on the field.

It's not going to get any better.

Reactions: Raiderdev23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT