ADVERTISEMENT

Providence Grove coach resigns 3 days in to practice?

RamPride192

Sep 21, 2002
Anyone know whats going on, Coach Hayes was just about to start his 2nd year there after coming over from Thomasville being an assistant coach. He will stay on as a PE teacher there at PG

The timing was unfortunate, but Coach Hayes, announced he needed to step down to spend more time with his two sons. By the way, he was never asked nor pressured to resign. As much as most will miss him on the field, family always comes first and most will respect that. But the good news is, the legend himself, Coach Heilig, is stepping in as interim coach for his 31st season! Talk about dedication and passion for the game.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I know nothing about this situation and haven’t talked with Coach Hayes since he left Thomasville. His father was my best friend and was in our wedding 36 years ago. He passed away a few years ago. I know Coach to be a good man and wish him well.

let me get this straight....more time with the family?? fine...I understand.....why not tell everyone months ago? why wait until practice actually starts?? something smells here....what am I missing??
Either it was a sudden decision with bad timing or something deeper.

Agreed, he either realized 3 days in he was miserable or it was code for something else going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT