6 - Salisbury
27 - Lincolnton

The last 5 out, looking in:
West Stanly
Randleman
Wheatmore
Newton-Conover
Bandys
That Bandys vs Newton Conover game is HUGE!

West:
1 - Reidsville
32 - Trinity

16 - SW Randolph
17 - Chase

9 - CS of Davidson
24 - McMichael

8 - Monroe
25 - East Davidson
----------
4 - Maiden
29 - Pine Lake Prep

13 - West Lincoln
20 - Walkertown

12 - Bunker Hill
21 - East Gaston

5 - Hendersonville
28 - Forest Hills
----------
----------
2 - Shelby
31 - RS Central

15 - Forbush
18 - Surry Central

10 - Robinson
23 - West Stokes

7 - Providence Grove
26 - North Surry
----------
3 - East Surry
30 - North Forsyth

14 - Burns
19 - Polk County

11 - Madison
22 - Mount Pleasant

6 - Salisbury
27 - Lincolnton

The last 5 out, looking in:
West Stanly
Randleman
Wheatmore
Newton-Conover
Bandys
I would like to see my East Davidson Golden Eagles get in the state playoffs. Those kids have played so hard this year and they have IMO a couple of more wins under their belt before the seedings come out. Good to see Camden County in there as well. Coach Sophia has definitely got that team headed in the right direction.

Thank you GDevil and bless you. I was thinking about your preliminary bracket and it's good. That took a lot of thought. You defend it, well, too.

Chopper, thank you for saying something. Much respect for you. Always thought of you as the devil's advocate of NC Preps. We need it.

Grizz….on split conferences….I read that the qualifying team must be 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall ….AND/OR…..finishes at .500 or higher….to be considered an auto 1 conference champion. Otherwise… that team is put with the…at large qualifiers.

And…..my interpretation is…after the conference champions are seeded….all the rest of the qualifiers……. (conference 2nds….AND …at large)…are seeded by RPI.

On split conferences….There must be at least 2 teams from both classifications in the conference … to qualify for the automatic berth.
East Carteret will not automatically get a berth… they’ll have to earn it.

Maiden Creek is correct on all of these. The only thing, and it might just be wording, but conference 2nds do not matter unless that conference has 6+ teams. If they have 6+ teams then the 2nd place team would automatically qualify but they are still seeded according to RPI with all the at-large teams.

Maiden Creek is correct on all of these. The only thing, and it might just be wording, but conference 2nds do not matter unless that conference has 6+ teams. If they have 6+ teams then the 2nd place team would automatically qualify but they are still seeded according to RPI with all the at-large teams.
Yes I followed that logic too

I have taken a liking to trying my hands at prelim brackets over the years. I figured I would give it shot seeing WNC FAN put out his 2A West Projections; it gave me some motivation to give it a stab. He's right, there is A LOT of football left and these next few weeks will change a lot of stuff up. Big matchups are still left!!

WNC FAN's projection and mine are a little different...a shift up or down here or there in the seedings. The split conferences are somewhat tricky to navigate. I designated split conference's where if the conference champ is a 2A school they get an Auto 1 Conference Champion designation and if the highest finishing 2A school in those split conferences is not the conference champion I designated them as an Auto 2 berth. I'm unsure if they are supposed to be considered an Auto 2 or an Auto Wildcard...I'm sure someone on here will straighten me out! I'm no bracket wizard...this is just my take and is just for my fun.

East
1 - Northeastern
32 - Camden County

16 - James Kenan
17 - Kinston

9 - Cummings
24 - West Bladen

8 - Roanoke Rapids
25 - SW Onslow
--------------------------
4 - Whiteville
29 - Louisburg

13 - JF Webb
20 - Holmes

12 - West Craven
21 - SW Edgecombe

5 - St Pauls
28 - Nash Central
------------------------
------------------------
2 - Princeton
31 - Greene Central

15 - North Johnston
18 - Washington

10 - Clinton
23 - Bartlett Yancey

7 - Wallace-Rose Hill
28 - North Lenoir
-----------------------
3 - East Duplin
30 - South Columbus

14 - East Carteret
19 - Eastern Wayne

11 - Hertford County
22 - East Bladen

6 - North Pitt
27 - Midway

West
1 - Reidsville
32 - Trinity

16 - West Lincoln
17 - Burns

9 - Bunker Hill
24 - West Stokes

8 - Robinson
25 - East Davidson
----------------------
4 - Maiden
29 - Pine Lake Prep

13 - Monroe
20 - Chase

12 - Polk County
21 - Walkertown

5 - Hendersonville
28 - Forest Hills
----------------------
----------------------
2 - Shelby
31 - RS Central

15 - Madison
18 - Forbush

10 - Providence Grove
23 - Mount Pleasant

7 - CS of Davidson
26 - North Surry
----------------------
3 - East Surry
30 - North Forsyth

14 - McMichael
19 - SW Randolph

11 - Surry Central
22 - East Gaston

6 - Salisbury
27 - Lincolnton
This is outstanding. I apologize for having to be this guy, but R-S Central is not eligible for the playoffs after having too many ejections for fighting, so it will affect your bracket a little bit.

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
So all that would change in my projections is that Trinity will now be #31 at Shelby and West Stanly now becomes #32 at Reidsville.

West Davidson then moves up into the last 5 out.

“The Biggest Little Football Town In The World”. @Maiden Creek I just saw an awesome video on YouTube about your program. Maiden High Football NYTimes2 is the title. Oh I’ve just become a huge fan of your program. The video really hits home with me. Damn!! That’s what I’m talking about. @Otis4411 @dogs79 @UNC91 @tarheel fan1 you got to check it out. I have to make that trip there

“The Biggest Little Football Town In The World”. @Maiden Creek I just saw an awesome video on YouTube about your program. Maiden High Football NYTimes2 is the title. Oh I’ve just become a huge fan of your program. The video really hits home with me. Damn!! That’s what I’m talking about. @Otis4411 @dogs79 @UNC91 @tarheel fan1 you got to check it out. I have to make that trip there
All of you would be welcome! If you love football…you’ll fit right in!

Reactions: thekidd12

Thanks! Another 4-1/2 hour drive!

daagoob, We're eight miles south of Maiden. When two towns are such a short distance from each other you'll eventually interact with some of them. I've known enough of them to declare that they take football awfully serious. When I go there for a game they just look at you, no conversing. When they come here they go to their side. I'm sure they'd talk if approached, but they are so focused on winning.

My Father worked there and had great respect for the people he worked for and with. Some of them were his pallbearers...He told me, once, that he never saw people take losing a game harder than the guys from Maiden where he worked. When Maiden and Lincolnton would play my Dad would say the Lincolnton democrats were playing the Maiden republicans. He said they would just look at him like what's the matter with you; but when the game was over they would talk.

One of my most vivid memories of a Maiden-Lincolnton matchup was a playoff game in 1993. Someone purchased a pretty nice article in the Lincolnton newspaper (our newspaper). It had borders and colors and read: "Go Blue Devils, you are playing a 3A team-in a 2A playoff game-from a 1A town" (That would be us Lincolnton sorts, LOL)… I went to school with one of the reporters and knew him since we were kids, so I said to him, "That must have been one of our people who put that ad in the paper to try and fire our guys up", and he said "No, it wasn't, it was someone from Maiden". Point is, that's just an example of how serious they are about football.
All the best to your Eagles. I know you are hungry for that title and I believe you'll get it sometime soon.

daagoob, We're eight miles south of Maiden. When two towns are such a short distance from each other you'll eventually interact with some of them. I've known enough of them to declare that they take football awfully serious. When I go there for a game they just look at you, no conversing. When they come here they go to their side. I'm sure they'd talk if approached, but they are so focused on winning.

My Father worked there and had great respect for the people he worked for and with. Some of them were his pallbearers...He told me, once, that he never saw people take losing a game harder than the guys from Maiden where he worked. When Maiden and Lincolnton would play my Dad would say the Lincolnton democrats were playing the Maiden republicans. He said they would just look at him like what's the matter with you; but when the game was over they would talk.

One of my most vivid memories of a Maiden-Lincolnton matchup was a playoff game in 1993. Someone purchased a pretty nice article in the Lincolnton newspaper (our newspaper). It had borders and colors and read: "Go Blue Devils, you are playing a 3A team-in a 2A playoff game-from a 1A town" (That would be us Lincolnton sorts, LOL)… I went to school with one of the reporters and knew him since we were kids, so I said to him, "That must have been one of our people who put that ad in the paper to try and fire our guys up", and he said "No, it wasn't, it was someone from Maiden". Point is, that's just an example of how serious they are about football.
All the best to your Eagles. I know you are hungry for that title and I believe you'll get it sometime soon.
This ^^^^^ is what I come to these forums for. I am so glad you posted this, I know my friend Coach Moore (NE) will love this. What an amazing story. You were fortunate to have a father who was heavily involved in your local hsfb program. I lost my father last week so it’s been very tough. I was practically raised in a pool hall growing up and billiards consumed my life coming up thru school. That’s what he loved and while everyone my age was going to the games on Friday nights I was spending those nights in downtown Eliz City with my father at City Billiards watching my idol 6x world champion Luther Lassiter play. About 10 yrs ago I really started following hsfb and now I’ve become a junkie of sorts. I love my NE Eagles to the core and I love the direction our coach has the program headed. I just don’t think this is the year for us. I know a lot of posters from the western part of the state have us penciled in as winning the east but in all honesty there are 4 possibly 5 teams that could win it. Thanks again for sharing this story, hsfb in the western part of the state is nothing like it is up here in the northeastern corner. You guys got it going on!!!! Its everything but that here.

This ^^^^^ is what I come to these forums for. I am so glad you posted this, I know my friend Coach Moore (NE) will love this. What an amazing story. You were fortunate to have a father who was heavily involved in your local hsfb program. I lost my father last week so it’s been very tough. I was practically raised in a pool hall growing up and billiards consumed my life coming up thru school. That’s what he loved and while everyone my age was going to the games on Friday nights I was spending those nights in downtown Eliz City with my father at City Billiards watching my idol 6x world champion Luther Lassiter play. About 10 yrs ago I really started following hsfb and now I’ve become a junkie of sorts. I love my NE Eagles to the core and I love the direction our coach has the program headed. I just don’t think this is the year for us. I know a lot of posters from the western part of the state have us penciled in as winning the east but in all honesty there are 4 possibly 5 teams that could win it. Thanks again for sharing this story, hsfb in the western part of the state is nothing like it is up here in the northeastern corner. You guys got it going on!!!! Its everything but that here.
Thinking of you! Goob.

Daagood, I’m very sorry about your Father. You will probably think about him everyday,. Not a day has gone by that I don’t think about my Dad and that’s been forty years ago,
I got a feeling your Father was very proud of you.
About high school football, I am thankful that I love local hometown sports. I retired about a year and a half ago. After a tough day, I would go over to the stadium, watch our team, get to yell and cheer and see and talk with people I know. That was so refreshing to be able to do that. I thank the Lord for simple pleasures.
It would be special if Northeastern and Maiden could play for the title.

Goob, if you ever want to come to one of our games, let me know you're here in Maiden. I have 3 season tickets that I get each year, they've been in my family since the 70s and eventually were passed on to me. I only use 1 and have two spare...if I have no one with me already then I'll pick two kids out in the line to get in, and get them in free. It makes them and their parents happy!...just let me know and I'll save a ticket for you.

For the 1993 game, I wanted to go to that game so badly, but didn’t have a car. I had two Maiden graduates in the same dorm. I hitched a ride (for gas money) back to the area for the game. They gave me good natured hard time before the game and I made sure to keep my mouth shut as I did not want to be stranded on I-40.

"I have 3 season tickets that I get each year, they've been in my family since the 70s and eventually were passed on to me".
This is an excerpt from a previous post by super Maiden fan and pretty decent bracketologist, GrizzlyDevil

Now, that's what I call tradition. 👆

For the 1993 game, I wanted to go to that game so badly, but didn’t have a car. I had two Maiden graduates in the same dorm. I hitched a ride (for gas money) back to the area for the game. They gave me good natured hard time before the game and I made sure to keep my mouth shut as I did not want to be stranded on I-40.
LHSfaninVA, That was smart thinking. I appreciate them giving you a ride back home. 👍

Daagood, I’m very sorry about your Father. You will probably think about him everyday,. Not a day has gone by that I don’t think about my Dad and that’s been forty years ago,
About high school football, I am thankful that I love local hometown sports. I retired about a year and a half ago. After a tough day, I would go over to the stadium, watch our team, get to yell and cheer and see and talk with people I know. That was so refreshing to be able to do that. I thank the Lord for simple pleasures.
Goob, if you ever want to come to one of our games, let me know you're here in Maiden. I have 3 season tickets that I get each year, they've been in my family since the 70s and eventually were passed on to me. I only use 1 and have two spare...if I have no one with me already then I'll pick two kids out in the line to get in, and get them in free. It makes them and their parents happy!...just let me know and I'll save a ticket for you.
Thank you, it’s quite possible I could end up there before the playoffs start. I was supposed to have been out that way tonight for the Bunker Hill game but I’m behind on my work so I’m working a lot of crazy hours trying to catch up

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yes sir I was in his pool room last night. It closes down at the end of the month after 15 years. I went there after the game and unlocked the doors and just sat in his stool and got a glimpse of everything one last time. Most everything was cleared out but my personal table was still in there set up till next week anyway. NE and Maiden will both need a lil luck to make it to the championship but that would be awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT