ADVERTISEMENT

Prelim Brackets 1

That’s what we’re planning, I’m hoping I have the finances to do it next week. I want to go to both those towns and get pics at the fields. I didn’t realize Darien Roseboro played at Lincolnton. Watched his story last night.
Next Friday Maiden plays at Lincolnton Goob. It's going to be a physical game...Lincolnton is the most physical team I've seen this year other than Christ School.

Next Friday Maiden plays at Lincolnton Goob. It's going to be a physical game...Lincolnton is the most physical team I've seen this year other than Christ School.
Well that sounds like the one then. That game would be perfect. I will know later today when I see my wife but I think she’ll be okay with it. Thanks to both yourself and Creek for feeding me this information. Please post a thread for that game and make sure to post a thread for the Bunker Hill game tonight. Many of us in the East follow the teams in the west. Thanks

Well that sounds like the one then. That game would be perfect. I will know later today when I see my wife but I think she’ll be okay with it. Thanks to both yourself and Creek for feeding me this information. Please post a thread for that game and make sure to post a thread for the Bunker Hill game tonight. Many of us in the East follow the teams in the west. Thanks
Daagoob, You're always welcome in Lincolnton, but the team Maiden will bring here reminds me of the 2017 Northeastern team on how fast they can move up and down the field. They don't have a Freshwater type running back, but few teams do. They remind me of some of the Penn State teams from years gone-by. They have so many people that do things well, on offense and defense and they play smart ball.
I'd like to think we could be a good match for them but I don't know.

Also, one of the WNNC staff is an NC Preps poster. I'm thinking he said WNNC will be carrying tonight's Maiden at Bunker Hill game (both undefeated). I hope the link below will let you pick up the game.

GrizzlyDevil, SHSLionfan, TVILLEDAWG and MC, I don't know this for sure but I heard they took the bell away from us a couple of years ago, but we got another one. Seems like I heard the old bell belonged to the military, but I'm not sure. If the military did take it away I just wonder if East Lincoln had something to do with it, since they seem to hate our guts. The one we have, now really knells out a toll and It really shines. About the wolf howl, it did sound like he (the wolf) had a touch of bronchitis a few years back. The one we got now is really clear. Unfortunately, we haven't had too many chances for him to cut loose.

Here's the WNNC link:

Daagoob, You're always welcome in Lincolnton, but the team Maiden will bring here reminds me of the 2017 Northeastern team on how fast they can move up and down the field. They don't have a Freshwater type running back, but few teams do. They remind me of some of the Penn State teams from years gone-by. They have so many people that do things well, on offense and defense and they play smart ball.
I'd like to think we could be a good match for them but I don't know.

Also, one of the WNNC staff is an NC Preps poster. I'm thinking he said WNNC will be carrying tonight's Maiden at Bunker Hill game (both undefeated). I hope the link below will let you pick up the game.

GrizzlyDevil, SHSLionfan, TVILLEDAWG and MC, I don't know this for sure but I heard they took the bell away from us a couple of years ago, but we got another one. Seems like I heard the old bell belonged to the military, but I'm not sure. If the military did take it away I just wonder if East Lincoln had something to do with it, since they seem to hate our guts. The one we have, now really knells out a toll and It really shines. About the wolf howl, it did sound like he (the wolf) had a touch of bronchitis a few years back. The one we got now is really clear. Unfortunately, we haven't had too many chances for him to cut loose.

Here's the WNNC link:

I believe my father-in-law (a Lincolnton man moved to Maiden) told me a few weeks ago that the bell now is that same bell. I hope that's true! He said it took some sweet talking and wheelin' and dealin'.

Thanks GDevil, we have lots of wheelers and dealers...I'd guess that you'll be heading out to Claremont pretty soon to try and get a good seat. Watch after Maiden Creek. All the best to the Blue Devils.

I believe my father-in-law (a Lincolnton man moved to Maiden) told me a few weeks ago that the bell now is that same bell. I hope that's true! He said it took some sweet talking and wheelin' and dealin'.
A few years back I was sitting on the home side and was talking to another LHS grad who is politically connected. He said he had offered up his services to the Principal (not that Principal) to lobby Senators Tillis/Burr to write a letter to the Secretary of the Navy asking for the Bell to be reactivated. Now, I don't know if he was the reason for the return or not. I just never followed back up and assumed/hoped the Navy had bigger fish to fry than mothballing a bell.

Reactions: Lincolnton
A few years back I was sitting on the home side and was talking to another LHS grad who is politically connected. He said he had offered up his services to the Principal (not that Principal) to lobby Senators Tillis/Burr to write a letter to the Secretary of the Navy asking for the Bell to be reactivated. Now, I don't know if he was the reason for the return or not. I just never followed back up and assumed/hoped the Navy had bigger fish to fry than mothballing a bell.
Yeah I didn't hear who made it happen...just that the Navy relented finally.

I have taken a liking to trying my hands at prelim brackets over the years. I figured I would give it shot seeing WNC FAN put out his 2A West Projections; it gave me some motivation to give it a stab. He's right, there is A LOT of football left and these next few weeks will change a lot of stuff up. Big matchups are still left!!

WNC FAN's projection and mine are a little different...a shift up or down here or there in the seedings. The split conferences are somewhat tricky to navigate. I designated split conference's where if the conference champ is a 2A school they get an Auto 1 Conference Champion designation and if the highest finishing 2A school in those split conferences is not the conference champion I designated them as an Auto 2 berth. I'm unsure if they are supposed to be considered an Auto 2 or an Auto Wildcard...I'm sure someone on here will straighten me out! I'm no bracket wizard...this is just my take and is just for my fun.

East
1 - Northeastern
32 - Camden County

16 - James Kenan
17 - Kinston

9 - Cummings
24 - West Bladen

8 - Roanoke Rapids
25 - SW Onslow
--------------------------
4 - Whiteville
29 - Louisburg

13 - JF Webb
20 - Holmes

12 - West Craven
21 - SW Edgecombe

5 - St Pauls
28 - Nash Central
------------------------
------------------------
2 - Princeton
31 - Greene Central

15 - North Johnston
18 - Washington

10 - Clinton
23 - Bartlett Yancey

7 - Wallace-Rose Hill
28 - North Lenoir
-----------------------
3 - East Duplin
30 - South Columbus

14 - East Carteret
19 - Eastern Wayne

11 - Hertford County
22 - East Bladen

6 - North Pitt
27 - Midway

West
1 - Reidsville
32 - Trinity

16 - West Lincoln
17 - Burns

9 - Bunker Hill
24 - West Stokes

8 - Robinson
25 - East Davidson
----------------------
4 - Maiden
29 - Pine Lake Prep

13 - Monroe
20 - Chase

12 - Polk County
21 - Walkertown

5 - Hendersonville
28 - Forest Hills
----------------------
----------------------
2 - Shelby
31 - RS Central

15 - Madison
18 - Forbush

10 - Providence Grove
23 - Mount Pleasant

7 - CS of Davidson
26 - North Surry
----------------------
3 - East Surry
30 - North Forsyth

14 - McMichael
19 - SW Randolph

11 - Surry Central
22 - East Gaston

6 - Salisbury
27 - Lincolnton
Bottom line here fellas...look for the boys from Hendo to make a run deep, if not take the ship this year! Pure stud farm out there and a QB that should pick up some offers soon if he hasn't already!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT