ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-season NC High School Football Power Index for 4A-1A

What does Hough have coming back that has them ranked over Independence?

You know they get a ton of transfers. This ranking should’ve been done over the summer. We won’t know who has what for a few more weeks at least.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Along with the numerous new guys since 2012, they bring in preseason every year. Kids will be moving into the Apartment- Dorms soon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Grimsley will be loaded and if they lost a player at a certain position they will have a transfer or two coming from another school at that spot.

I have no problem with kids transferring. Parents recruiting othet parents or kids recruiting other kids. Who cares and honestly how do you even police that so again that's fine. Another example is Let's say I'm the starting WR and my friend is a RB at another school. I should be able to tell him to come play with me.

The problem I have with Grimsley is they have coaches on staff and non faculty members of the team that will flat out call and talk to kids at other schools.

• Wow
Reactions: nepsy7
The problem I have with Grimsley is they have coaches on staff and non faculty members of the team that will flat out call and talk to kids at other schools.
This... and its all because of all the beatings they have taken from Page over the years. While they are up, they will do anything it takes to stay up there. The Greensboro Senior High School All-Star Team is here to stay folks. Get used to it. We (Page) created a monster.

• Haha
Is there a reason that Grimsley and Dudley are not playing that often in football? The Guildford County football landscape is interesting.

Is there a reason that Grimsley and Dudley are not playing that often in football? The Guildford County football landscape is interesting.
Grimsley not playing them while they built their program to what it is now was the smartest thing they could’ve done. Going unblemished helped recruiting and Page rebuilding played apart in that also. When Page was the dominant program not too long ago they played Dudley every year.

Grimsley not playing them while they built their program to what it is now was the smartest thing they could’ve done. Going unblemished helped recruiting and Page rebuilding played apart in that also. When Page was the dominant program not too long ago they played Dudley every year.

I guess Page has to fight off a different team for its players every decade lol. I can remember when all the fuss was about Northern Guilford plucking players from the when NG went on their run.

I guess Page has to fight off a different team for its players every decade lol. I can remember when all the fuss was about Northern Guilford plucking players from the when NG went on their run.
Every team goes through it. I know kids who transferred to Page when they were dominant. It’s just not their time right now but they will be back.

Every team goes through it. I know kids who transferred to Page when they were dominant, it’s just not their time right now but they will be back.
Yep that’s kind of the way it goes. It’s usually a team in a certain area that capitalized from transfers first that scream the loudest when their rivals starts getting them in lol.

Reactions: Ukcatz92 and New3ra
Yep that’s kind of the way it goes. It’s usually a team in a certain area that capitalized from transfers first that scream the loudest when their rivals starts getting them in lol.
Yes, but Gillespie and his staff never went out of their way to do things on the side. When you have a tradition and program as strong as Page's, kids find their way there naturally. Phone calls and such are not needed.

Grimsley has nicer facilities and what not now.. but Page is building something. The football program, yes. But also, a brand new school, complete with a new Kirby stadium and turf field.

Maybe, but Dudley wouldn’t have beaten them the past 4 years. EF was the standard

Maybe, but Dudley wouldn’t have beaten them the past 4 years. EF was the standard
That’s not true, maybe not last season because they were super young but the season before they scrimmaged and from the looks of it they would’ve or had a real good chance.

Reactions: PagePirates44
EF should be the standard, they have open enrollment in FC. East just brought in over 20 transfers, one being an 4 star quarterback and still may not win it all. EF is similar to Hough, only difference is EF won when the divisions were split.

EF should be the standard, they have open enrollment in FC. East just brought in over 20 transfers, one being an 4 star quarterback and still may not win it all. EF is similar to Hough, only difference is EF won when the divisions were split.

Ef is really feasting off of Walkertown. 20 transfers? Is that a stretch

• Haha
Reactions: Warhead1 and New3ra
Most of those so called transfers live in East Forsyths district. So, how did they get to Walkertown to begin with? False promises. They then get there see it was all a lie and most don't even have to choice to East They just go back to their district school.

Funny how everyone only talks about East Forsyth. Tabor cleans out RJR every year. Glenn cleans out RJR, Parkland, and a few teams in High Point. Yes, they get kids across the county lines. West Forsyth & Reagan get kids from North Forsyth & Davie and Reagan had 3 kids including their best player from Starmount. They left and went back there but you only want to call out East? If you're going to call out 1 school let's call out the rest in Forsyth who benefit from open enrollment. The difference is East Forsyth wins consistently and Todd Willert gets kids scholarships therefore you want to bash his program.

Funny how everyone only talks about East Forsyth. Tabor cleans out RJR every year. Glenn cleans out RJR, Parkland, and a few teams in High Point. Yes, they get kids across the county lines. West Forsyth & Reagan get kids from North Forsyth & Davie and Reagan had 3 kids including their best player from Starmount. They left and went back there but you only want to call out East? If you're going to call out 1 school let's call out the rest in Forsyth who benefit from open enrollment. The difference is East Forsyth wins consistently and Todd Willert gets kids scholarships therefore you want to bash his program.

It doesn’t matter to me that much. I hate it for that young Walkertown coach though.

It doesn’t matter to me that much. I hate it for that young Walkertown coach though.
Walkertown hired Page assistant Garrett Mills as head football coach last summer. I hope he can weather the portal storm every year over there. Good guy, good coach...

Reactions: ocdavis31
Walkertown hired Page assistant Garrett Mills as head football coach last summer. I hope he can weather the portal storm every year over there. Good guy, good coach...

It doesn't look good. He's already lost his two best players this season to East Forsyth. They still have some athletes and a weak conference.

Look I say have choice transfer all over the state. This way there would be no use for charter schools. And my questions is why should East Forsyth do say no no go back to your school. Hahahahaha. And yes Tabor West and Reagan all prosper from choice transfer. So I have been hurt by transfers and helped by them. In the end it’s going to happen. I mean my god a school had players from another school in its sidelines during a spring game

Reactions: New3ra
Look I say have choice transfer all over the state. This way there would be no use for charter schools. And my questions is why should East Forsyth do say no no go back to your school. Hahahahaha. And yes Tabor West and Reagan all prosper from choice transfer. So I have been hurt by transfers and helped by them. In the end it’s going to happen. I mean my god a school had players from another school in its sidelines during a spring game

Who said anything about East turning anyone away. Good for them, I have no problems with it. I just said 20 transfers was an amazing number, I don't think I've ever heard.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Think that transfer number is a little bit over the top. Sort of like a guy telling his buddy he caughta big fish. It was a 3lb Bass but by the time his 4th friend heard about it that fish was 12lbs . From what I'm hearing & saw they have 8 or so new faces. If you talk to a Glenn or Tabor coach/fan that number will be 20-25. If that numbers correct & that's the case East Forsyth should have about 120 - 125 kids on their roster this year. They only lost 1 kid to transferring

Reactions: PagePirates44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT