ADVERTISEMENT

Post score

The Wrh kicker absolutely drilled the fg. he is actually acurate from 40-45 yards. He is a very good kicker, coaches just dont let him do it enough. WRH was missing the holder in the ED game so the snap was bad and timing was off. The kicker we had last year is getting some playing time on Saturdays with Mars Hill College.
You are correct. For some reason I'm unaware of, we don't attempt many field goals. He did look good this am. Would of .ade a big difference last week. Just saying

Reactions: daagoob
BigRed.
Just Curious. What happened to the running back that transferred into ES at the first of the year. I know he was the starting RB the first few games but I haven't heard anything about him since. I believe his # was 4. I know he played against MA and Starmount.
I honestly don't know

BigRed.
Just Curious. What happened to the running back that transferred into ES at the first of the year. I know he was the starting RB the first few games but I haven't heard anything about him since. I believe his # was 4. I know he played against MA and Starmount.
I was wondering also. He looked good first few games.

Not being funny but how does a strong supporter of ES like you not know what happened to their starting RB. I'd bet that any poster on here would know what happened if they lost their RB.

Reactions: Strick68
I honestly don't know
(Thought I would repost this) Not being funny but how does a strong supporter of ES like you not know what happened to their transfer in star starting RB. I'd bet that any poster on here would know what happened if they lost their starting RB.

Reactions: BigRedFan27
The Wrh kicker absolutely drilled the fg. he is actually acurate from 40-45 yards. He is a very good kicker, coaches just dont let him do it enough. WRH was missing the holder in the ED game so the snap was bad and timing was off. The kicker we had last year is getting some playing time on Saturdays with Mars Hill College.
With all the time he had to practice it, he should have drilled it. It's a totally different situation if he had to kick it Friday night. With that crowd yelling, and no time outs, no time to practice it. Our kids could see where he had been practicing kicking it on our end of the field where the game was stopped at on Friday. If Wallace would have been in the lead the game would have been over with. Even coach Mot said that they should have declared Jk the winner and move on to the playoffs.

I refrained from commenting on this because I consider the outcome beneficial to us because we wanted the opportunity to play wrh. Had he of missed the kick chances are wrh would’ve probably been in another bracket. What you said above is absolutely true. The pressure of making that kick in a critical contest with no time left would’ve have been enormous. On the road at your conference rival at that. To get to come back at 9am with no crowd is unthinkable even under the circumstances. The game should’ve been finished or called that night period. Now someone will say I’m only saying this because of my feelings towards the wrh guys but that’s not the case in this situation. I’m actually surprised no one else from JK brought this up.

I refrained from commenting on this because I consider the outcome beneficial to us because we wanted the opportunity to play wrh. Had he of missed the kick chances are wrh would’ve probably been in another bracket. What you said above is absolutely true. The pressure of making that kick in a critical contest with no time left would’ve have been enormous. On the road at your conference rival at that. To get to come back at 9am with no crowd is unthinkable even under the circumstances. The game should’ve been finished or called that night period. Now someone will say I’m only saying this because of my feelings towards the wrh guys but that’s not the case in this situation. I’m actually surprised no one else from JK brought this up.
Fans all thought game was over and WRH had lost. I didn’t here any fans of WRH crying like some Jk fans are now.

With all the time he had to practice it, he should have drilled it. It's a totally different situation if he had to kick it Friday night. With that crowd yelling, and no time outs, no time to practice it. Our kids could see where he had been practicing kicking it on our end of the field where the game was stopped at on Friday. If Wallace would have been in the lead the game would have been over with. Even coach Mot said that they should have declared Jk the winner and move on to the playoffs.

So you are implying that there was no pressure on that kid to make that field goal Saturday morning? You don't think he laid in the bed and thought about what he had to do the next morning?? You boys are so full of it. Don't let goob drag you down this path.

So you are implying that there was no pressure on that kid to make that field goal Saturday morning? You don't think he laid in the bed and thought about what he had to do the next morning?? You boys are so full of it. Don't let goob drag you down this path.
There was less pressure on him then than there would’ve been in the moment with seconds on the clock on the road at that. I wouldn’t understand why someone would question why a person might think this. I didn’t bring up this topic I merely stated my opinion which happens to coincide with his and I’m sure many others
I can definitely see where he’s coming from and I have no problem with what he posted Like I posted previously I had also questioned it but I just didn’t post on it. Anyways it’s over and done with and it’ll all work out for both teams involved if they are as good as they say they are.

So why should the game been called and there was time on clock?
It should've been called for safety because you can not say how kids were affected by the situation of what happened! That goes for BOTH TEAMS KIDS, nothing to do with winner/loser! With really no sleep and that on minds of some if not all to get right back at it, at 9 am in the morning is ridiculous! Caring more about a football win & seeding over the well being (mind set) of the kids!

From Warsaw to Wallace: It has to be about more than sports for our kids! Just my opinion, carry on! Good luck to all the DC3, shed light on our athletes, that we're more than the crime page and agriculture/poultry in our areas!

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
It should've been called for safety because you can not say how kids were affected by the situation of what happened! That goes for BOTH TEAMS KIDS, nothing to do with winner/loser! With really no sleep and that on minds of some if not all to get right back at it, at 9 am in the morning is ridiculous! Caring more about a football win & seeding over the well being (mind set) of the kids!

From Warsaw to Wallace: It has to be about more than sports for our kids! Just my opinion, carry on! Good luck to all the DC3, shed light on our athletes, that we're more than the crime page and agriculture/poultry in our areas!
Shut it down like Covid😮

I thought the situation was handled as good as possible at the time. If jk was losing they would’ve wanted to finish just like the kids from wrh wanted to finish. Goobs and several others only gave the kid 20% chance to make it, he drilled it and now it’s… he should’ve made it because he practiced sat morning…..really guys come on. I was there sat morning and let me tell you the pressure was thick! The kick was for the tie not the win, Jk had 25 secs plus overtime. It was more than fair for both sides. Good luck to all dc3! Go Dawgs

The pressure was gone when he got out of bed and practiced kicking it before they started the game back up.

I thought the situation was handled as good as possible at the time. If jk was losing they would’ve wanted to finish just like the kids from wrh wanted to finish. Goobs and several others only gave the kid 20% chance to make it, he drilled it and now it’s… he should’ve made it because he practiced sat morning…..really guys come on. I was there sat morning and let me tell you the pressure was thick! The kick was for the tie not the win, Jk had 25 secs plus overtime. It was more than fair for both sides. Good luck to all dc3! Go Dawgs
It wasn't no pressure what so ever Saturday morning, he had done practice kicking it. Plus the snapper and holder had done practiced it. They don't get to do any of that Friday night. And JK didn't have no 25 seconds, it was 16 seconds left after the fg, and .9 left after kickoff.

It wasn't no pressure what so ever Saturday morning, he had done practice kicking it. Plus the snapper and holder had done practiced it. They don't get to do any of that Friday night. And JK didn't have no 25 seconds, it was 16 seconds left after the fg, and .9 left after kickoff.
4.1 left when he downed it into overtime

So the FG attempt took 9 seconds? Must have had some major hangtime.

I agree there would have been less pressure had the game been tied. Think of it this way, how many times does a coach (at all levels) call a time out to "ice" a kicker before a big kick? That time out is usually 30 seconds to maybe a minute. Sometimes coaches call multiple time outs in that situation. This kid was iced for 12 hours.

The situation was handled as best it could be given the unfortunate circumstances. Kick was good so now go to OT. JK had a chance to stop WRH from scoring but didnt. JK had a chance to answer the WRH score but was unable.

Give credit where credit is due. Clutch kick then a defensive stand resulted in a WRH win.

I honestly didn’t think he would make it but he proved me wrong. It was still a pressure situation regardless and the kid did go. He should definitely be proud

Reactions: Dawg-on and dogs79
So the FG attempt took 9 seconds? Must have had some major hangtime.

I agree there would have been less pressure had the game been tied. Think of it this way, how many times does a coach (at all levels) call a time out to "ice" a kicker before a big kick? That time out is usually 30 seconds to maybe a minute. Sometimes coaches call multiple time outs in that situation. This kid was iced for 12 hours.

The situation was handled as best it could be given the unfortunate circumstances. Kick was good so now go to OT. JK had a chance to stop WRH from scoring but didnt. JK had a chance to answer the WRH score but was unable.

Give credit where credit is due. Clutch kick then a defensive stand resulted in a WRH win.
It will never be really enjoyed as a win and dang sure not as a loss. It just sucks all the way around. I know the WRH guys were relieved to get the win but nobody likes to win with an asterisk beside it. It was just unfortunate.

You have a skewered way of looking at things. He got up Saturday morning and had to face his team mates knowing if he missed the kick they lost. I don't care how much you practice a kick. You never practice it with the other team coming to try and block it. You should should get a job with the Biden administration. He could sure use your help explaining things.

Reactions: dogs79 and Dawg-on
You have a skewered way of looking at things. He got up Saturday morning and had to face his team mates knowing if he missed the kick they lost. I don't care how much you practice a kick. You never practice it with the other team coming to try and block it. You should should get a job with the Biden administration. He could sure use your help explaining things.
Dude whatever, so you don't think him having to rush onto the field Friday night, without practicing the kick. With a lot of noise coming from the stands, with a wet ball, and JK having the momentum coming at him wouldn't have been more pressure than you don't have any idea to what you're talking about. By the time he kicked it on Saturday morning his teammates had done seen him make it 30 times that morning. So where's the pressure in that.

Look. We all have fun poking at the Wallace posters but to suggest there wasn't any pressure on that kid is ridiculous.

Imagine being in the moment... adrenaline flowing, crowd screaming... looking into the eyes of your teammates as they silently plead with you to extend the game. Just one kick. One shot against your county rival... and then BAM! Complete chaos breaks out. You're hurried off the field in a mad panic. You have no idea what's going on. You find yourself back in your locker room... heart pounding, people yelling in all directions... and then you find out that you have to go home and think about this kick ALL NIGHT. Everyone is dragging back out, putting on pads, talking about game plans, getting hyped all over again... and it's all on you to make it worth everyone's while. Because if you miss, you've done all this for basically nothing. All the fighting for the opportunity to finish was for naught because you missed.

I can't imagine a more pressure packed kick. Kudos to the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT