ADVERTISEMENT

Possible 1A Playoff Brackets

killa_15

Nov 10, 2001
Now to make things more interesting in the NW Conference w/ Mt. Airy beating WS Prep. Curious if anyone has looked at possible 1A Brackets similar to the projected brackets in 2A that have been posted.

1A seems to be interesting. Mt.Airy is playing well beating WS, East Surry and North Surry over the past month!

39 automatic bids + 25 wildcards = 64 teams. 22 game max winning percentage used to seed within seeds and determine wildcards. Non-conference loss can be dropped if played 23rd (endowment) game. Non football schools allowed 6 extra games

From handbook: Special Note for non-football playing schools: Six additional basketball games may be played, for a total of 29. These games must be
completed prior to the first basketball playing date for football-playing schools.
Those six games will not count for seeding purposes.

If conference tournament is won by a team that otherwise would be lower than a #2 playoff seed, that team becomes the #2 seed.

Once the 64 teams are determined, THEN longitude is to determine East and West. Once East and West are determined then all #1s seeded by overall percentage for 22 games, #2s, then #3s and wildcards. Then #1 plays #32, #2 plays #31 etc. etc.

Hard enough to explain (may still have missed something) much less do before everything is final. Think time is better spent looking for possible tax deductions.

This is what i got so far. It will change if mount airy wins conference tournament and or north moore wins there conference tourney otherwise i think these top 10 are set.

1. albemarle undefeated
2. starmount or alleghany 1 or 2 losses
3.hayesville 3 losses after droppin 2
4.east montgomery 4 losses
5.lincoln charter 5 losses
6.avery 6 losses
7.winston salem prep 7 losses
8.hiawassee dam a bunch of losses lol
9. Cherokee 2 losses
10.starmount or alleghany 3 losses

Maybe my humor is slipping but I don't get the "lol" with Hiwassee Dam (no extra A at the beginning) and a "bunch of losses." HD has one non-conference loss that can be dropped. Two of Hayesville's losses are to HD, Lincoln Charter lost to HD, and now Cherokee has three losses thanks to HD. Pretty impressive for a team whose entire high school is only about 150 students.
This post was edited on 2/8 12:36 AM by WNC1A

Wish there was a way to factor in strength of schedule. Some folks say no big deal but home court is a big deal.
I guess there's not enough people or time at the nchsaa to do a fair job.

Thanks braves i was talkin about boys in fact i wish they would create a message boards just for 1a girls. I personally could care less about any female sport and have gotten confused when someone mentions there scores on here without specifying boys or girls in posts.

Very true .. That's my bad .. I read your post wrong ... But it's a fact your boys are not very strong as the case that they wouldn't play our boys.. A team with a true resume would of played just for the comp... Cause we all know the lsmc is very weak in boys.. I support all our teams and will continue .. It's a shame you don't appreciate your girls as that is a special group for the size of your school ... Kind of like natahala boys a few years ago ..

my school I pull for is Alleghany, not sure who you thought my team was? I will probably change my mind about girls sports now that I got a 4 month old little girl :). But for the time being I probably won't follow girls basketball other than just checking out the scores. I actually didn't even know the wnba still existed till I saw it advertised the other day. lol

Factoring in strength of schedule when it comes to playoff seeding is something that's on the table in the future.

The state is considering the maxpreps model for that. They gave a presentation at the regional meetings and the coaches supposedly were pretty impressed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT