15 vs 18
10 vs 23
7 vs 26

3 vs 30
14 vs 19
11 vs 22
6 vs 27

Last edited:
Someone is going to have to explain how Hough is in and Butler is out…. Because Butler is 32 in the RPI and Hough 33.

ROUND ONE RESULTS

1. LAKE NORMAN 79
32.HOUGH 36

2. WATAUGA 83
31.CHAMBERS 46

3. NORTHERN GUILFORD 63
30.DAVIE 36

4. NORTH MECK 67
29.McDOWELL 38

5. AC REYNOLDS 55
28.CUTHBERTSON 43

6. MARVIN RIDGE 61
27.SW GUILFORD 36

7. SOUTH MECK 87
26.WESTERN GUILFORD 54

8. INDEPENDENCE 54
25.ARDREY KELL 50

9. PARKLAND 60
24.PORTER RIDGE 61

10.ASHEVILLE 58
23.WEST FORSYTH 40

11.CHARLOTTE CATHOLIC 63
22.REAGAN 33

12.MYERS PARK 52
21.TC ROBERSON 43

13.ALEXANDER CENTRAL 50
20.COX MILL 37

14.HICKORY RIDGE 73
19.EAST FORSYTH 51

15.NW GUILFORD 60
18.RJ REYNOLDS 50

16.MALLARD CREEK 59
17.WEST CABARRUS 52

Last edited:
27-0 Lake Norman vs 24-4 Mallard Creek. Dangerous matchup for Lake Norman. Im planning on heading to this one. Should be a good one.

ROUND 2 MATCHUPS AND SCORES

1 LAKE NORMAN 80
16MALLARD CREEK 61

8 INDEPENDENCE 55
24 PORTER RIDGE 44

5 AC REYNOLDS 56
12MYERS PARK 47

4 NORTH MECK 54
13ALEXANDER CENTRAL 50

3 NORTHERN GUILFORD
14 HICKORY RIDGE

6 MARVIN RIDGE 43
11CHARLOTTE CATHOLIC 60

7 SOUTH MECK 79
10ASHEVILLE 57

2 WATAUGA 58
15NW GUILFORD 37

Last edited:
I will be here at the Lake Norman game to watch both matchups. With internet being bad as it is I may not be able to post score updates. But I will try.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Update here at Lake Norman. Mallard Creek went up 7-0 but after that it’s been all Lake Norman. HT Lake Norman 48 Mallard Creek 31. LN has done a good job of rebounding.

Reactions: Hon Dines
ROUND 3 SCORES AND MATCHUPS

1 LAKE NORMAN 60
8 INDEPENDENCE 48

4 NORTH MECK 56
6 AC REYNOLDS 37

3 NORTHERN GUILORD 53
11CHARLOTTE CATHOLIC 58

2 WATAUGA 59
7 SOUTH MECK 44

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Lake Norman's Kirsten Lewis Williams has just been named the Charlotte Observer Female Player of the week for the 3rd time this year for her efforts last week, which were a little pale compared to what she has done this week!
Also, she has been invited as one of ten best NC Female players to participate in the NC SC Showcase game in March.
Still has not committed to any college yet.

Final 80-61 Lake Norman. These girls are ranked #1 for a reason. They are impressive to watch.
I was not able to be at Thursday nights game ( it is tax season and work I must) but my daughter was there (Teacher at LN). I would like to say hello if we are able to attend a game together. I have to watch my Granddaughter in a Gymnastic Competition in Cornelius Saturday night or I would be at The Show.

I was not able to be at Thursday nights game ( it is tax season and work I must) but my daughter was there (Teacher at LN). I would like to say hello if we are able to attend a game together. I have to watch my Granddaughter in a Gymnastic Competition in Cornelius Saturday night or I would be at The Show.
That would be good. I will be working nights Starting tomorrow and until next Wednesday morning. So hopefully I can catch a game possibly next Thursday if they are playing that evening or a weekend game.

Last edited:
Interesting matchups left in the West. Here are the teams Lake Norman played early in the season.
Lake Norman 74 Watauga 40
Lake Norman 62 Charlotte Catholic 40
Lake Norman 67 North Meck 66

Reactions: Maiden Creek
After the Mallard Creek win, the Charlotte Observer wrote that "these Wildcats are not to be played with" and that with the defeat of MC which had defeated North Meck, LN had "sent a message to everybody else".
I just wonder what every one else heard after Saturday nights game.

My daughter (teacher at LN) was talking with a video guy from the Observer and he said LN would have their hands full because Indy would have the best player on the floor with over 20 scholarship offers. My daughter told him, not even close to the best player on the floor tonight.

At the half, he agreed with her.

The ACC and other big time schools are pulling another "Stephen Curry" I am afraid. Lewis Williams has a lot of offers but none from the ACC, So much for their ability to identify talent.

It worked out that I can make it to tomorrow’s game against North Meck. If you can make it let me know for a hello. I’m looking for tomorrow matchup. It’s going to be a good one.

It’s game day. Lake Norman girls will be at home @ 6pm. Go Wildcats!
To the rest of teams left. Best of Luck! Can’t wait to hear the results for all teams left.

HT North Meck up 29-24 over Lake Norman. North Meck is playing tough but Lake Norman is not having a good half. They just need settled down. Hopefully they can turn it around the 2nd half.

Ok now I’m out of LN gym where I can get better service on my phone. And let me tell you what a game. You missed it if you wasn’t there. It was one more battle Nerve rackin at that. LN battles back with 57-50 win. More later

Well I made a stop at Wendy’s before coming home. And what an emotional night. With the game I felt like LN didn’t play their best game but North Meck had a hand in that. They played them tough. This time of the year it supposed to be tough. But Lake Norman did miss handful of foul shouts and also some easy ones at that. But I could imagine the pressure both teams were under. Good crowd from both sides and they were in it. Congratulations to Lake Norman as they go forward. Also great season for North Meck. They have nothing to hang their heads about. They have an awesome team.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I absolutely agree, this was as tough and hard fought game as you will see! And yes, Lake Norman's youth finally settled down in the second half and shared the load with Kristen Lewis Williams (22 pts and at least 2 blocked shots, many rebounds) who cared LN and made sure they did not get blown out of the gym in the first half.

At the half, the North Meck Coach was telling her team that LN had not seen the pressure they were putting on them and they would blow LN out by 20 in the 2nd half. (My daughter, the LN teacher, went to her office and heard it.) The game was tied 35 all at the end of 3rd and The Show slowly and carefully turned up the heat to take control.

With no disrespect to Charlotte Catholic and the two teams from the east, this game could easily be viewed as the real State Championship game. North Meck is good, real good. But they do not have Kristen Lewis Williams.

I agree and as I was telling someone that if Lake Norman didn’t settled down that this game could get out of hand. Also I felt like we saw “State Championship game” like between these two teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT