ADVERTISEMENT

Pamlico vs. Murphy - 1A Championship

If Murphy wins I think it will be close, most 1A schools can't overcome the loss of arguably their best player and another top player playing injured. I think Murphy still has enough weapons to gut one out, but it won't be easy. Style points won't matter playing short handed.

568dab9f6256b.image.jpg

that may be weird to you but it's the facts
Go sell that crap somewhere esle! Start a thread called Bull...t from rville20 about MHS! Get off this one it’s about Murphy vs Pamlico playing in the 1a State Championship! Now back in the real world. Pamlico has some good players on both sides of the ball but I think the strength of our defense will prove to much .

all I know for sure is we just kicked the s*** out of Mitchell on the wrestling mat

Last edited:
Go sell that crap somewhere esle! Start a thread called Bull...t from rville20 about MHS! Get off this one it’s about Murphy vs Pamlico playing in the 1a State Championship! Now back in the real world. Pamlico has some good players on both sides of the ball but I think the strength of our defense will prove to much .
nobody in the real world thinks Pamlico has a chance against murphy get over yourself. I'm just waiting on the chest thumping Saturday evening.

Reactions: KW23
I believe it will be a close game. Dogs offense will be smash mouth. Defense concerns me with one outside linebacker not playing and the other playing with half an arm. Defensive ends must be aggressive and TEETHRATTLE the backs. Then we will be ok, leads to TOs.

nobody in the real world thinks Pamlico has a chance against murphy get over yourself. I'm just waiting on the chest thumping Saturday evening.
If you didn’t know anything can happen in a ballgame Pamlico didn’t get there by chance. Did you even play football?

I believe it will be a close game. Dogs offense will be smash mouth. Defense concerns me with one outside linebacker not playing and the other playing with half an arm. Defensive ends must be aggressive and TEETHRATTLE the backs. Then we will be ok, leads to TOs.
Our d ends have been aggressive and pretty much set the tone in a lot of our ballgames early . I think we should be good with our back up backers .

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
You are thinking like I am Gps62. I dont think many people realize just how good our D is, even some Murphy fans. Besides the 29 points to a really good team at their home in the rain they have been really really good and was good enough that night for a 3rd round W on the road. Our line is doing great and they have been playing against real good competition the last two weeks which is big in our favor I believe. Cant say I know a lot about Pamlicos opponents but I know our last two opponents have had a lot of talent on the line and all over. The performance in the 4th round by the D only allowing 78 yards I believe rushing and allowing 22 (a 2000 yard back) less than 40 yards bodes well for our chances Saturday. By no means am I or anyone overlooking Pamlico. I have watched a little film on them and I'm really looking forward to the matchup. Got my fingers crossed it doesn't rain much.

Reactions: Gps62 and Mhsneer
Grey god my bad guess that's a different set of rumfelts than those that were from hayesville(sean Chris and nick) so what's your excuse for hiwassee dam.they and Cherokee central are pretty close in numbers and half of natives go to smoky mnt not swain.anyone that's been affiliated with the smoky mnt conference over the years knows murphy has been the largest school in the smc until three or four years ago.only place ive ever known of to lose 40 students in one fiscal year.play where you belong punk

You are thinking like I am Gps62. I dont think many people realize just how good our D is, even some Murphy fans. Besides the 29 points to a really good team at their home in the rain they have been really really good and was good enough that night for a 3rd round W on the road. Our line is doing great and they have been playing against real good competition the last two weeks which is big in our favor I believe. Cant say I know a lot about Pamlicos opponents but I know our last two opponents have had a lot of talent on the line and all over. The performance in the 4th round by the D only allowing 78 yards I believe rushing and allowing 22 (a 2000 yard back) less than 40 yards bodes very for our chances Saturday. By no means am I or anyone overlooking Pamlico. I have watched a little film on them and I'm really looking forward to the matchup. Got my fingers crossed it doesn't rain much.
Well said ! I have watched hudl on Pamlico like I said before they got some good athletes and it’s going to be interesting to see how they handle our quickness off the ball on defense. The last I looked only a 10 percent chance of rain at game time going to bring my rain coat just in case!

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
Well and I guess y’all picked your poison and it worked. I was impressed with outside backers seemed your middle linebacker was left on an island maybe that was the game plan.

Grey god my bad guess that's a different set of rumfelts than those that were from hayesville(sean Chris and nick) so what's your excuse for hiwassee dam.they and Cherokee central are pretty close in numbers and half of natives go to smoky mnt not swain.anyone that's been affiliated with the smoky mnt conference over the years knows murphy has been the largest school in the smc until three or four years ago.only place ive ever known of to lose 40 students in one fiscal year.play where you belong punk
Look don’t know who you pull for but you just think you hate Murphy. You can go to the Dam and take lessons. Any native from down there that wants to play football would go to Basin over in Tenn before they would come to Murphy

Chris did go to Hayesville, these are his boys. I lived in HD dustridi and sent my son to Murphy. He played in 2011 State Championship team. I now live in Murphy and I have a son on this team. My first son came to Murphy because HD didn't have football, plus I didn't live in HD, just in their district. My family couldn't make it with our jobs if our kids went all the way down 294 almost to TN. Our whole lives were in town.

Reactions: Gps62
State championship was played two weeks ago in Mitchell. This has been the weakest playoff bracket I have ever seen I believe. Murphy Will Roll by two to three touchdowns

State championship was played two weeks ago in Mitchell. This has been the weakest playoff bracket I have ever seen I believe. Murphy Will Roll by two to three touchdowns
I hope your right, but we will see

My opinion on this game is I think there will be some first quarter gitters from Pamlico being its their first appearance in a State Final and that could certainly play into Murphy's favor. However if Murphy fails to capitalize on that and Pamlico gets rolling would certainly make for an interesting game. I know Murphy has been to the big game before and that could be the difference maker. However Pamlico is truly a great team this year with lighting speed all over the field on defense and offense.

FWIW, most of Pamlico's Senior Class played for the 1A Basketball Championship last year. Jitters was not a problem then.

Good one Murphy dawg man.who in their right mind would choose Murphy over copper hill.that's comical and absurd.there's a lot of ignorance on this board but murphy dawg man you my friend have just won the gold medal with that theory

Good one Murphy dawg man.who in their right mind would choose Murphy over copper hill.that's comical and absurd.there's a lot of ignorance on this board but murphy dawg man you my friend have just won the gold medal with that theory
I think you are in the running for the gold medal. I know its shocking to you but not everyone is as obsessed with Murphy the way you and a few more are. Plenty of kids have went to basin instead of Murphy. Why do some of you want to act like you know what goes on in a completely different part of the country than where you live? I dont pretend to know the interworkings of the small communities scattered across Swain county. You don't know what goes on in the western most part of nc/Cherokee county. But by all means continue to pretend you do. I guess you have nothing better to do. As for my family and I we are almost to Durham and getting excited about the game tomorrow. Enjoy your day

Looks like the weather will be better at game time
Well even if it's rainy the is an artificial truf which is still going to have more traction then an wet natural field plus no mud and no puddling up from lack of drainage like at Mitchell were Mitchell took a delay of game penalty to get out of a puddle to kick the extra point. And rainy may not be as big of a deal since both team are primarily runnig teams. But even if rain make the field a little hard to make quick cuts etc. If I was Murphy I would consider that an advantage from what people have said who have watched film on Pamlico they depend on thier speed and cutting to the outside which a wet feild would affect them more then an team who can run straight at you like Murphy because looking at the line size, like I've said before this one of if not the smallest line Murphy has gone against. I realize that sheer size doesn't always make the best blocker Mitchell smallest starting lineman this year 5'10" 230 that beat out some guys much bigger then him because of good technique , but Murphy's line is also well coached.

Don't worry, the coaches and players have been watching the thread. The Canes will be ready.
Cool, nothing said on this board is going to play any factor in how the game goes. But I can promise you that the people that actually matter: Murphy's players and coaches, go into Saturday's game with respect for Pamlico's football team. You don't make it to a title game without having a good team.

Nobody from Murphy that's posted on here has said anything negative about Pamlico or their team anyway. Murphy fans know that it will be difficult to beat a talented an athletic football team, especially with Murphy missing key people in this game.

Cool, nothing said on this board is going to play any factor in how the game goes. But I can promise you that the people that actually matter: Murphy's players and coaches, go into Saturday's game with respect for Pamlico's football team. You don't make it to a title game without having a good team.

Nobody from Murphy that's posted on here has said anything negative about Pamlico or their team anyway. Murphy fans know that it will be difficult to beat a talented an athletic football team, especially with Murphy missing key player(s).

Cool. Should be a good one.

Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT