ADVERTISEMENT

Page vs. Grimsley

RammanuelKant

Aug 27, 2006
The Great Rivalry resumes. Grimsley and Page JVs, both undefeated, faced off tonight before the on campus traditional bonfire.

Whirlies shout ‘em out, 34-0. Going to be a long climb for Page. 3-5 Pirates host unblemished Whirlie squad. Whirlies by a lot.

That JV game last night was 8-0 Grimsley at halftime. Page stopped Grimsley on a goal line stand with less than 10 seconds left of the 2nd quarter. You could tell Page's defense was pretty gassed because the offense wasn't able to sustain drives in the 1st half. Page also had a few kids going both ways on the DL/OL. Grimsley JV, at this point, has more depth, and from what I could tell doesn't have lineman going both ways. Because of this, Grimsley was able to pull away in the 2nd half. I've never seen Grimsley having so many kids on their JV team before. Grimsley's district has never been known as being a hotbed for football talent.

This won't be much of a game this year. Maybe (but doubtful) Page can keep it close for a quarter or two?? I look for Page to really get things going in the next couple of years. These young players are buying in. By the time the freshman QB is a Jr, I have a feeling we will be competing for conference championships and making deep playoff runs.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPC4LIFE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT