ADVERTISEMENT

Overhills making playoffs

bknights#77

Oct 30, 2003
I certainly understand the situation with Pinecrest being left out of the playoffs but the forfeit of their 1st game of the year to Overhills puts them in the playoffs. Since this game couldn't have been effected by the violation by Pinecrest being it was the first game. I totally understand with seeding process how Lumberton gets #3 from SEC. This had major change to the bracket setup. If someone can give me a rational explanation please do. BTW "that's what the rules are is not a rational explanation".

Being the first game isn't the issue. They played JV on 8/20 and Varsity on 8/21. They had players suited up on both nights and did not do the proper paper work.

All players suiting up on 8/20 are ineligible to suit up 8/21 (Unless designated an 8 Qtr player). Pinecrest had ineligible players suited up against Overhills. Penalty for ineligible player is forfeit of the game they suited up for.

Keep in mind actually getting in the game and playing a down doesn't matter. Suited up on the sideline is all it takes.

Being the first game isn't the issue. They played JV on 8/20 and Varsity on 8/21. They had players suited up on both nights and did not do the proper paper work.

All players suiting up on 8/20 are ineligible to suit up 8/21 (Unless designated an 8 Qtr player). Pinecrest had ineligible players suited up against Overhills. Penalty for ineligible player is forfeit of the game they suited up for.

Keep in mind actually getting in the game and playing a down doesn't matter. Suited up on the sideline is all it takes.
So you are sure it was that 1st week?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT