ADVERTISEMENT

Orange vs Cummings

tatermommy

Nov 19, 2011
Years ago a Moser coached team vs Cummings would have called for extra stands and early ticket sales. Standing room only was the order of the day with the 'survivor' winning the conference championship and the loser going on the road. The regional championship in 2000 was the biggest game ever played in Alamance County and was decided on the last play in the end zone as time expired. The state championship went through this game many times. On paper Orange should be favored. But the Panther coaching staff knows that you never bet against Cummings. Ever... Panther players should look on faces of Moser's 'old guard' when they see Cummings Friday night.

Many in Panther Nation were wondering how this team would fare after many household names graduated. The answer is the offense is more diverse and averaging more points against better competition and the defense is better against the run. Also the teams success is not held at sway by a few players. So the equation is that the year long conditioning program plus the emphasis on the JV program and the two platoon system that opens up playing spots to more than half the team has worked. Orange utilizes a 'run the clock' offense over the ''run and gun'' style because if ''you aint got the ball'' its hard to score and if you have the ball ''you wont keep it long'' also has worked.

The Panther offensive line has been a bright spot in this years team. Austin Sykes blocks like a front end loader and when he runs up and slams into the pile pieces come off of folks. Some theirs and some ours. Year after year Orange piles up the points and the backs jump around and the ends jump around and the quarterback strikes a pose while the linemen head toward the bench and flop down like wet towels hittin' the floor and flog each other upside the head and make guttural sounds. Then the coaches come over and draw something on a board and the players shake their head no then they draw something and the coach looks perplexed. Until CMo walks over and they don't say nuthin' to him they just sorta set there and wonder why he don't wear no socks. Its pure genius.

(Hoh! Ah!) I hear 'Mo' saying (Hoh! Ah!)
(Hoh! Ah!)(Well don't you know)
That's the sound of the Orange men,
Working on that football, tha-ang
Working on the football, thang

All day long 'Mo' sings (Hoh! Ah!)
(Well don't you know)
Pushing on that sled, tha-ang
Tackling on that sled, thang

All day long they work so hard till the sun is going down
Working on wang-t and tha 'D, while Valhines wears a frown
You hear ' Mo' moaning that aint the right play
Then you hear a fan say
(I told you so)

Winning almost every, ga- ame
As the victory bell goes, clang clang

The Orange defense has been a big surprise this year. They are strong against the run and capable against the pass. The better Stone Edwards gets on the defensive line the better the defensive backs look.

Listen, cuzzins, to a story
That was written a few minutes ago,
'Bout Hillsburry side' a mountain
And the players noboddy knowed.

Never had seen trophy treasure
Their records dropping like stone,
The valley-people put bags on their head
No Panther logo did they own.

Go ahead and get beat by yer' neighbor,
Go ahead and get beat by a friend.
Go ahead and go 0 for ever,
Losers justify it in the end.
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the end of each game day,
Till the golden morning after....
BillyJackMoser rode in town today.

So the people of Hillsburry valley
Run a hound wif a note up Eno Hill,
Asking for a coach who wears no socks,
Bringing gold for which they'd surely thrill.

Came an answer from Eno kingdom,
"With our brothers 'Mo' will share
All the secrets of winning football,
Let the whoopin begin down there

Go ahead and whoop yer neighbor,
Go ahead and beat yer friend.
Go ahead and lose almost never,
Winners justify it in the end.
There be pick-up truck horns a blowing
Come the end of each game day,
Cause the golden morning after....
BillyJackMoser won again today.

Now other teams whined with anger,
"Mount your horses! Dont head toward!"
Do not schedule those Moser-people,
They'll go upside ya' head really hard.

Now Panther players viewed the treasure,
Renamed Moser Mountain, cloudy and red.
They looked beneath them on Eno Valley...
BillyJackMoser,,,, thats all, nuff said.

Ummm lets see. The choices the choices. Uh. Contest takes more than one so that's out. Duh. Football blog. Hummmmmm. 3A football message board with entry. How about this. 'I did not blog that entry. ' Didn't work for Bill either. I guess I'll try 'I will select which blogs that can be viewed'. Hows that working for Hillary. Ya think I can plead the 5th commandment against self re-criminal-ation.

This will be a closer game than Simmons picked. Cummings haunted teams for decades and they will resurrect at any time.

I-ay am-tay ryingt-ay ot-ay logb-ay ithoutw-ay
overly-ay entioning-ay at-Pay oser-May Orange-ay anthersP-ay.
I-ay opeh-ay eyth-ay inw-ay onight-ay..:eek:

Last edited:
Qui dux Pantheras,
ut veniant et videant oportet?
MICKEY MickeyMosersTeam!

Vos! Ibi! Ibi morari!
Tua, sicut gratus potest,
MICKEY MickeyMosersTeam!

Delictum Duck!
Pantherae Team!
Defensionem Duck!

Dicite cuzzins tenere vexillum summi summum magnum. alte, tui! Agitedum ite cantant canticum Panthera et adiunge a amoeni quadrigis!
MICKEY MickeyMosersTeam!

I have jumped out of airplanes, sailed the seas, ate thangs that were still crawling after I swallowed them, been on deserted islands, survived training that few others have, drawed my last breath, and seen two ghosts. But these blogs have got my interest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT