ADVERTISEMENT

NS gets BIG transfer

In urban areas youth football coaches and now 7 on 7 coaches have a lot of sway. Players talking does more recruiting than any other tool with parents followed up at number two. I have seen crazy transfer scenarios.

Freshman sees a freak talent at this position not starting as a junior. He ends up at neigboring rival and goes onto play in the NFL. The school he left won three state titles during his four years of high school.

A player is told by the coach that he will see limited playing time due to the talent in front of him but he does have college potential and will play at the next level (as will the other three running backs). The player wants to play more than specialties and makes the move.

I have seen it happen more with QBs when it is looked at from a percentage standpoint. Only one position and a lot of them have only ever played that position.

Reactions: sway1532
I hate to break it to you, but if you take Greene out of the equation (who is an immaculate athlete) N Stanly and Mt Airy aren't all that comparable. N Stanly has more athletes and better athletes overall. As good as the Smith kid is for Mt Airy, he isn't on the same level as Davis from N Stanly. Davis is one of the best high school RB's I've personally ever seen, he honestly looked like he might score every time he touched the ball. What Mt Airy had last year was excellent athletes to go along with excellent coaching. N Stanly had amazing athletes but didn't match up coaching wise to a team like Mt Airy, we'll see if they can rectify things this season.[/QUOT

Well said. NS got out coached last year. Easily could have been NS & MA in regional final

Don't know why it's a surprise. I'm sure NS will pickup some kids from neighboring schools before the season starts. Like WM said, NS coaches don't have to recruit when they have parents doing for them.

Reactions: C.I.H.
NS is getting too much praise, you all act like they won State last year, they will continue to get out coached by other teams.

North will continue to be North. One decent year and they have arrived. Crazy talk

North will be good in the west, and they can make a deep run...but it's any giving "Friday" ask Albemarle.

I'm just glad North and West has a program to send their kids to the next level...and that doesn't even sound right coming from me :rolleyes:

No one will touch ns this year in conference. Now the non-Conference is tough.
But come on man. You now NS taking it the conference

NR will be tough. Should be a good game this year

Same as last year but with be in Spencer - Blowout. WM better hope NS runs the clock on them this year in New London and not drop 50 on them like they will do to
about everybody.

No one will touch ns this year in conference. Now the non-Conference is tough.
But come on man. You now NS taking it the conference

Conference shouldn't be NS concern this year. They won it last year. Can you get out of the 1st round? Better get ready for Playoffs.

Reactions: WM_2004
Conference shouldn't be NS concern this year. They won it last year. Can you get out of the 1st round? Better get ready for Playoffs.

North Stanly did not play in the first round last year...they received a bye so yes, they can get out of 1st round.

Reactions: atucker2
North Stanly did not play in the first round last year...they received a bye so yes, they can get out of 1st round.[/QUOTE

That explains how they make it to the 2nd round...they don't have to play & get a bye. Great observation. I do concur.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT